Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

47 minutes ago, everlong said:

But holy ****, Nathan Peterman makes DeShone Kizer look like Tom Brady.

I wouldn't say that; Kizer clearly has no business in the NFL either.  5 ints is pretty crazy, but Kizer has thrown his share too.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Thomas5737 said:

I get seeing what Peterman can do, maybe this isn't the right time but I get it. It's a bit like Kessler vs. Kizer in Cleveland, going with the kid that could be better rather than going with the safe albeit usually low scoring QB. Let me just warn you that it could get really ugly but for the Bills sake I hope it works out. The chances are very slim it happens this year but I'm rooting for you.

What exactly made anyone think Kizer would be better than Kessler?  Kessler was the better college player, and had a pretty decent rookie year: 65% passer, 6TDs to 2ints, in 8 starts.  Meanwhile in 9 starts, Kizer has 5 TDs and 14 INTs, and just barely passing over 50%...

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

I wouldn't say that; Kizer clearly has no business in the NFL either.  5 ints is pretty crazy, but Kizer has thrown his share too.

What exactly made anyone think Kizer would be better than Kessler?  Kessler was the better college player, and had a pretty decent rookie year: 65% passer, 6TDs to 2ints, in 8 starts.  Meanwhile in 9 starts, Kizer has 5 TDs and 14 INTs, and just barely passing over 50%...

Kessler does not have a full year under his belt. He came in this year after Kizer was benched in the 3rd quater ....all he did was throw a pick...the browns lost 12 to 9....thats  kessler in a nut shell right now..still too early to tell for both QBs....but kessler has plenty of chances.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

I would have started Kessler. He limits turnovers and with a good supporting cast can keep you in games. He probably won't win you games but he usually doesn't lose you games.

Hue went with the guy he hoped would win him games. It obviously isn't working but I get why he tried it. It was the wrong call but he was very negative towards Kizer's rookie campaign and has been very supportive of Kizer so he must like what he is doing even if it doesn't make sense.

34 minutes ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Kessler does not have a full year under his belt. He came in this year after Kizer was benched in the 3rd quater ....all he did was throw a pick...the browns lost 12 to 9....thats  kessler in a nut shell right now..still too early to tell for both QBs....but kessler has plenty of chances.

His pick was on 3rd and 13 and was a deep pass, it worked as a punt, no big deal at all. As far as interceptions go, it was a good one. Kessler kept us in that game, as evidenced by it going to O.T. he just didn't win it.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

His pick was on 3rd and 13 and was a deep pass, it worked as a punt, no big deal at all. As far as interceptions go, it was a good one. Kessler kept us in that game, as evidenced by it going to O.T. he just didn't win it.

lol i bet a lot of qb's would like to look at int's as punts. Like you said he didn't win it..he had that problem last year...is it all his fault? No...same for kizer...the difference between the two is that kizer trys to do too much and force throws..he throws to use his arm to will the browns to a win...kessler doesn't have the arm to even to that but kessler doesn't try to force things...both need to improve but the team overall is the problem..like the bills..you guys think you have a qb problem but you really don't. kenny britt is the browns No. 1 WR . 

I expected more "I told you so!"'s. Maybe it's the difference in time zones. ;)

Anyway, UGLY (1/2) game. Wouldn't say that exactly defines Peterman as a QB, but still a horrible 1st NFL start. Be interesting to see if/how his confident words are mirrored by confident play later. 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:13 PM, kramxel said:

Bills better hope Peterman comes balling out, otherwise it will be a pretty clear downgrade.

This is what happens when a franchise gets "ideas", and start messing around with their playoff chances, playing a rookie that looked worse than a deer facing headlights.

It would pretty idiotic if the Bills end up missing the playoffs by one game.

1 hour ago, DudeWhat??? said:

lol i bet a lot of qb's would like to look at int's as punts. Like you said he didn't win it..he had that problem last year...is it all his fault? No...same for kizer...the difference between the two is that kizer trys to do too much and force throws..he throws to use his arm to will the browns to a win...kessler doesn't have the arm to even to that but kessler doesn't try to force things...both need to improve but the team overall is the problem..like the bills..you guys think you have a qb problem but you really don't. kenny britt is the browns No. 1 WR . 

Coleman is back, Britt is #2, 3, 4 or 5, it is all the same. In a couple weeks Gordon will be back and Britt won't even see the field much.

If you don't look at a 3rd and long interception down the field differently than a 1st down interception then we see very different things in games.

Archived