Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's even more amusing is that the Bills at 5-5 are STILL currently in the playoffs. My god the AFC is pathetic.

It really is amazing how we threw away a winnable game and how next week looks extremely winnable when an 8-8 season could very well have gotten us into the playoffs and this one game is huge.

Like good lord this franchise is inept. If not for the Browns being so bad every year, the Bills perpetual mediocrity would be the laughing stock of the league.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's even more amusing is that the Bills at 5-5 are STILL currently in the playoffs. My god the AFC is pathetic.

Couple of points...

1.) The Bills aren't in the post-season. They're the 7th seed right now.

2.) The AFC is not pathetic. It's just not deep. For instance, the Steelers destroyed the VIkings and the Patriots destroyed the Saints.

3.) A team's record at Week 10 isn't determinant of anything to be honest. Steelers were 5-5 at this point last year with losses to some bad teams. Went on to win 8 straight in route to an AFCCG appearance.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Couple of points...

1.) The Bills aren't in the post-season. They're the 7th seed right now.

You're right, I misremembered one little detail about that. Yes it is a 5-5 team that is the 6 seed though. There are only 3 or 4 playoff worthy teams in the NFL right now. As for those blowouts, both the Vikings and the Saints are much better teams than they were at that point in the season. They've gone on 6 and 8 game win streaks respectively, looking impressive each week doing so. They've found their identities. 

Just now, Danger said:

You're right, I misremembered one little detail about that. Yes it is a 5-5 team that is the 6 seed though. There are only 3 or 4 playoff worthy teams in the NFL right now. As for those blowouts, both the Vikings and the Saints are much better teams than they were at that point in the season. They've gone on 6 and 8 game win streaks respectively, looking impressive each week doing so. They've found their identities. 

While that may be true one could easily argue that the Steelers and Patriots are MUCH better teams than they were in Week 2 as well. While the NFC post-season will CERTAINLY be much more enjoyable, the Divisional Round and beyond in the AFC should be good if the Steelers can make sure show up should they play in the AFCCG.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

While that may be true one could easily argue that the Steelers and Patriots are MUCH better teams than they were in Week 2 as well. While the NFC post-season will CERTAINLY be much more enjoyable, the Divisional Round and beyond in the AFC should be good if the Steelers can make sure show up should they play in the AFCCG.

I think it's fair to say each team, even really good ones, has a week or two in the season where they just lay an egg. You guys had one when Ben threw 5 interceptions. It'll be interesting that's for sure. As much as the season started out with rather unusual parity, its become more and more top heavy. the NFC is just deeper at the top.

6 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Botching this decision needs to be national news tomorrow. It really is inexcusable. Coaches have been fired for less.

Yes. While I get the concept of what they were trying to do, none of us see Peterman in practice. It should have been obvious to the coaches that Taylor is the better player without creating the debacle we saw Sunday. That's a really bad swing and miss, and should reflect really poorly on that staff. 

Hindsight is wonderful and everything, but I did see something like this coming (not to the extent). I said slotting a green QB in midway usually results in tough times, but to do it whilst they were still in PO contention? I think this was malpractice, and McDer can forget about coach of the year if he was ever in the running 

This is kind of funny. Bills fans are right. Tyrod Taylor is not as good as his stats and quite frankly isn't ever going to lead them anywhere and they shouldn't commit a contract to him. That said, to the people who don't watch the Bills and wonder why an allegedly solid QB was benched they got their confirmation bias with Peterson being so horrid that I don't think you can ever play him again.

The craziest this is, the Bills actually had a winning record with Tyrod Taylor.  That's what makes the benching even worse to me.  If the Bills were like 1-8 and they had a rookie QB, fine.  Bench Taylor in that situation and give the young guy a shot.  But on a winning team?  Holy cow, man.  I think that's a fireable offense for the head coach or whoever pulled the trigger on that move.

Archived