Bills Bench Tyrod Taylor

bigbadbuff23835

18 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Tyrod is  the classic case of the qb that you have to watch play to see how bad/flawed he is. People on twitter or the national media  are taking certain cherry picked individual stats(like they did with another qb) who haven’t watched a down of the bills offense. Dude literally doesn’t throw it past 10 yards unless the guy is WIDE open.

Tyrod Taylor average yards / attempt, career: 7.4 (6.9 in 2017)

Matt Ryan average yards / attempt, career: 7.3 (7.9 in 2017)

Tom Brady average yards / attempt, career: 7.8 (9.0 in 2017)

And why are you complaining about Tyrod not forcing passes down the field, and instead taking what's there and moving on? People complain all the damn time about this concept, but as someone who watches Joe Flacco force throws into triple coverage down the field and has them get picked off at an alarming rate, I'd rather he just take the checkdown unless a guy is wide open.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Tyrod Taylor average yards / attempt, career: 7.4 (6.9 in 2017)

Matt Ryan average yards / attempt, career: 7.3 (7.9 in 2017)

Tom Brady average yards / attempt, career: 7.8 (9.0 in 2017)

And why are you complaining about Tyrod not forcing passes down the field, and instead taking what's there and moving on? People complain all the damn time about this concept, but as someone who watches Joe Flacco force throws into triple coverage down the field and has them get picked off at an alarming rate, I'd rather he just take the checkdown unless a guy is wide open.

Ok then why didn’t anyone want him last year when the Bills opted out of his contract and he had to come back for less money?

Tyrod Taylor is not good. He is ok at best. That said, starting a 5th round rookie instead of him is not a good move for this season unless the kid balls the hell out. Maybe it is a good move for the next few seasons, but for this season it is more than likely going to result in the Bills missing the playoffs, where they still had a very real chance at doing so with Taylor.

Anyone saying otherwise is not thinking clearly. A very conservative Taylor who doesn't turn the ball over much and plays efficiently is much more likely to help you win than a 5th round rookie with 0 NFL starts who is probably going to be turning the ball over at a much higher rate. Is it possible this kid balls out and leads them to the playoffs and is the QBOTF? Yeah, but it is much more likely he plays like a rookie and the Bills miss the playoffs.

I don’t hate the move. 

You know what you’re getting with Tyrod but you don’t with Peterman. They’re middling right now and need a spark, this could be that. You can definitely do worse at QB than Tyrod Taylor, but on a team that is clearly overachieving for it’s talent, he won’t be the glue that keeps them on that track.

Now, I have serious doubts about Peterman getting this team on schedule offensively. But if you (McDermott) don’t think you’re going to keep winning with Taylor, then what’s the harm in putting Peterman in?

33 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Ok then why didn’t anyone want him last year when the Bills opted out of his contract and he had to come back for less money?

I never understood the whole opt out drama from this off-season. I thought it was contingent on Taylor failing his physical?

Legit curious - I think teams would line up to kick the tires on Taylor at the least. I mean, Bryan Hoyer and Mike Glennon got starting gigs this off-season, and they're significantly worse than Taylor (Taylor can at least check down and run).

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

You'd expect that but at the end of the game they were going for it on 4th down, took some passes, and really tried to bring the heat on Peterman. The blitz got to him a couple times to force 2 of his 3 incompletions. But in college he was one of the best QBs under pressure so the Saints pressure hardly effected him

They had back ups in. ^_^

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You right 5 games under 200 yards passing and riding a turnover machine defense for 7 games makes you a STUD.

congrats on a high completion percentage to Shady mccoy tho

I'm not saying Tyrod is a top 10 QB but he's easily one of the better starters in this league. Easily the 2nd best QB in your division and now you've downgraded to the worst QB in the division by default. 

Benching Tyrod accomplishes nothing....Bills had a decent shot at the playoffs at 5-4 but now it's more or less gone unless Peterman turns into an All-Pro QB and that's not going to happen.

13 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I'm not saying Tyrod is a top 10 QB but he's easily one of the better starters in this league. Easily the 2nd best QB in your division and now you've downgraded to the worst QB in the division by default. 

Benching Tyrod accomplishes nothing....Bills had a decent shot at the playoffs at 5-4 but now it's more or less gone unless Peterman turns into an All-Pro QB and that's not going to happen.

And I’m not saying Peterman is anything or will become anything, but Tyrod’s ceiling has been reached and he’s a .500 qb. I’m all about him as a backup Qb, not a starter. 

30 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I never understood the whole opt out drama from this off-season. I thought it was contingent on Taylor failing his physical?

Legit curious - I think teams would line up to kick the tires on Taylor at the least. I mean, Bryan Hoyer and Mike Glennon got starting gigs this off-season, and they're significantly worse than Taylor (Taylor can at least check down and run).

If Tyrod failed the physical he would have been locked into the contract the Bills gave him, so they sat him for the last game last year so that he’d be guaranteed to remain healthy and they could opt out of the contract, they did and then he came back.

I’d imagine if other teams were as in love with him as most people on this board are that he would’ve had better offers on the table.

7 minutes ago, Malik said:

Thank god. Hopefully he'll be cut and can go to a franchise that appreciates him. Bills have had nothing but garbage since Jim Kelly, but have never been this riled up about how bad their QB is.

Agreed, they should have been this riled up over every QB they’ve had since 2000.

There's no threat to Flacco's starting job, but Tyrod has a bad game and he's just benched like that?  

:(

The Jaguars should go all in on Tyrod if he hits FA. With Fournette and Corey Grant, he can significantly improve their rushing attack and his deep ball is still one of the best in the business.

Also, if denver gets tyrod, that's bad news. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen.

Archived