1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Stats don't work that way because you could add drop yards to the other 33 QB's as well. Also preseason should be much easier to put up stats.

Watched an interview with Simms and Simms, and I think their take is spot on. Everything else aside, there isn't a crispness or pace or spin to his throws. The bobbled 5 yard out to Dobbs last week was a wobbler and behind him. In year 3, a 5 yard out should be a laser and a spiral and located perfectly even if he had to throw it in his pajamas. Their final thought up to now was he's ok, nothing special about him, but where does ok take you ? A pretty fair assessment.

Thank you, that wobbliness of his passes drives me nuts. I know I'm going to get called an idiot and a Love hater, but while his footwork has come together, his spirals aren't tight, his accuracy is poor even on short passes, and he stares down his first option before throwing.

He's still younger than some rookies but the odds of him being an effective starting QB dwindle each year. 

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't worry. If Rodgers threw all those balls exactly the same they would sing a 100% different tune. Their minds are made up and it doesn't matter what happens anymore. Even if he went 30/30 it would be OMG THESE GUYS HE'S PLAYING ARE GONNA WORK AT DA HOME DEPOT IN DA 3 WEEKS, DERRRR

Sounds just like a bears fan defending Cutler, Foles, Dalton, Trubiski, and now Fields.

One should not aspire to act or post like a Bears fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Sounds just like a bears fan defending Cutler, Foles, Dalton, Trubiski, and now Fields.

One should not aspire to act or post like a Bears fan.

"I'M NOT BIASED IT'S YOU THAT IS BIASED" says man who's been furious with the draft pick since day 1. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't worry. If Rodgers threw all those balls exactly the same they would sing a 100% different tune. Their minds are made up and it doesn't matter what happens anymore. Even if he went 30/30 it would be OMG THESE GUYS HE'S PLAYING ARE GONNA WORK AT DA HOME DEPOT IN DA 3 WEEKS, DERRRR

One guy is a 4 time MVP with a super bowl ring. The other is a failed first round pick who will probably be out of the league in 4 years or if he's lucky a career backup. I get it, you're mad that Rodgers is still on the team but sit back and enjoy the ride. You'll be the one changing your tune when we get another ring this year.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

"I'M NOT BIASED IT'S YOU THAT IS BIASED" says man who's been furious with the draft pick since day 1. 

I posted that he played really well through the first drive of the 2nd quarter.   He just didn't sustain it.  I was complementary of his play.

Are you a Butkus, Singletary, or Urlacher guy.   Do you pine for the days of Peanut?  You are just like the Meathead Bears fan who ignore what is obvious to everyone else and see what you want to see. 

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the thing about grading a quarterback is that these two things are in the Quarterback's control:

- Did he make the correct read.
- Did he put the ball where he wanted it.

What the receiver does or what the defender does are not in his control.

I mean this isn’t the case for some internet scouts on this board.

Love should know Amari sucks and just not throw to him.

Fact is once Doubs and Winfree got pulled Love should of just kneeled ever snap he got. Hof level decision making right there. Come off the field telling LaFleur I can’t play with this garbage.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

Also another thing about Love… can we talk about how much better Tom Clemens is as a QB coach than Getsy is/was?

I think Getsy as QB coach hurt that room… you see better development in Love in the shorter time he has been with Tom.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Come of the field telling LaFleur I can’t play with this garbage.

I mean, it's preseason for everybody.  Didn't LaFleur call plays in the first half and Stenovich call plays in the second half.  It's not surprising to me that LaFleur is better at calling plays that the guy he thinks needs reps at it.

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

My 2 cents:

I had a lot of stuff written out, but I thought I should keep it short and sweet for the moment, we have a week to discuss things further.

-I think Love looks a lot more poised.  And he finally didn't have some dumb turnover.  That is a big plus in my book.

-By merit I think that Juwann Winfree, Chris Slayton, and Jack Heflin should all make the team.  Who knows what the roster numbers look like.

-The line was a lot better with Newman at guard and Tom at tackle.  Hanson was a lot better at center than he is at guard.  If Jenkins is still out, I would like to see Newman and Tom right side to start against the Chiefs next week.

-Inside backers came to play.

-I am not overly impressed with the TEs, S, or Edge guys so far.  

-SJC has a strong case for most improved player on the roster.  

I want Winfrey on the team. Over Rodgers. 

3rd rounder or not, the guy has done very little . Aaron isn’t throwing to the guy. Period. And I doubt that changes this year. 

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Also another thing about Love… can we talk about how much better Tom Clemens is as a QB than Getsy is/was?

I think Getsy as QB coach hurt that room… you see better development in Love in the shorter time he has been with Tom.

I think Clements is a great detail and fundamental guy, really good for young QBs including Rodgers.  Getsy seemed like an innovator and probably brought a lot to the table with new ideas etc. Who knows but Love has praised Clements' attention to details that will make him fundamentally better.

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I think Clements is a great detail and fundamental guy, really good for young QBs including Rodgers.  Getsy seemed like an innovator and probably brought a lot to the table with new ideas etc. Who knows but Love has praised Clements' attention to details that will make him fundamentally better.

Yeah Getsy might turn out to be a better offensive mind and play caller… but I just get the sense he was a bad teacher of QBs.

Like I get all the issues everyone is discussing with Love. But it’s obvious though that Love has made a jump from where he was. Just seems like Tom is getting more out of him, in a shorter time than Getsy did.