30 members have voted

1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

It feels so odd to care when the uniforms are filled with different humans than the ones who play the real games.

I survived the string of recent preseason losses by convincing myself that our quality organization was evaluating players while the other teams were trying to (sneering voice) “win the games”.

Love continues to grow this offseason.

Like our RB3 situation a lot.

WRs still have peaks and valleys.

Why isn't Jared Cook signed yet.

Like our OL a lot. Caleb Jones might need to be kept over Hanson to stay in the organization.

DL6 could be anyone on the roster not named Byers. Full of NFL fringe level guys there. My guess is Heflin makes it, Ford and Slayton to PS.

We finally have LB depth.

DBs played much better this week. Kiondre Thomas and Micah Abernathy playing themselves on to the PS.

• Like 4

Last game was the best game I had seen from 10, letting it fly even if a few decisions were questionable. He looked better tonight. That’s what we want, continue to build on the positive. I also love that Etling stole the show with that run. For a guy that tall, he can move.

Love got a solid 3 quarters, doubt he goes past the half next game but we’ll see. when the second string O line got in, the pocket started breaking down but even they got it together a bit. A healthy 69 and 74 turn that group into an embarrassment of riches but we can’t cash that check yet. 

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I think it was Dr. Kevorkian night for Davis and Summers. Did anyone else euthanize their career in this game?

The Turk is coming for 5 heads on Tuesday. I don’t know if those guys will go then but they will not make the 53. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Love continues to grow this offseason.   

Like our RB3 situation a lot.

WRs still have peaks and valleys.

Why isn't Jared Cook signed yet.

Like our OL a lot. Caleb Jones might need to be kept over Hanson to stay in the organization.

DL6 could be anyone on the roster not named Byers. Full of NFL fringe level guys there. My guess is Heflin makes it, Ford and Slayton to PS.

We finally have LB depth.

DBs played much better this week. Kiondre Thomas and Micah Abernathy playing themselves on to the PS.

Agree on lots of this.   I think Cook might be a bit of a friction with the organization with how his time ended with GB.  My guess is GB is looking to give their young guys every chance to show out.....which just has not happened to date.

that OL group is a bit of flux with Bak and Jenkins unknowns with their timeline for game action.  

Nijman, Runyan, Meyers, Newman, Tom seem like certain locks for the 53.  Hanson seems to be ahead of some of the others like CVL, Rhyan

If bak and Jenkins both make the 53 and don't go to IR, then you have 7 and need to consider how easy it would be to get some to the PS.  

Nijman, Runyan, Meyers, Newman, Tom, Bahktiari, Jenkins gives you 7.  might be hard to get Rhyan to the PS so he probably has the lean as the 8th.  GB probably want to keep 9 on the initial 53 with the uncertainty with Bahktiari and Jenkins.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agree on lots of this.   I think Cook might be a bit of a friction with the organization with how his time ended with GB.  My guess is GB is looking to give their young guys every chance to show out.....which just has not happened to date.

that OL group is a bit of flux with Bak and Jenkins unknowns with their timeline for game action.  

Nijman, Runyan, Meyers, Newman, Tom seem like certain locks for the 53.  Hanson seems to be ahead of some of the others like CVL, Rhyan

If bak and Jenkins both make the 53 and don't go to IR, then you have 7 and need to consider how easy it would be to get some to the PS.  

Nijman, Runyan, Meyers, Newman, Tom, Bahktiari, Jenkins gives you 7.  might be hard to get Rhyan to the PS so he probably has the lean as the 8th.  GB probably want to keep 9 on the initial 53 with the uncertainty with Bahktiari and Jenkins.  

Jenkins isn’t going on IR.  He would be forced to miss the entire season if he isn’t on the 53.  

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Am Rod looks better than last year, but is he just not athletic enough to excel in the NFL?

E0RPWdyWQAUivkA.png

It's looking more like he lacks the instincts and intangibles needed to survive in the NFL with okay athleticism. To borrow a baseball term, he plays like a AAAA Player.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

initial 53 then IR is an option if GB thinks he is a few weeks away from game ready

This year PUP is only 4 weeks- not sure why they’d burn an open roster spot unless they felt very confident he was going to be available to start the season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Am Rod looks better than last year, but is he just not athletic enough to excel in the NFL?

E0RPWdyWQAUivkA.png

To me, he is really just a decent gadget player right now. Quick outs and end arounds seem to be the only kind of plays he can get yards out of. Kind of reminds me of Ty Montgomery. Excelled in college as a scat WR, but doesn't translate well so switches to RB. Don't know if he's ever going to get open enough in the NFL. Route running hasn't been that good from what I've seen thus far.

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

initial 53 then IR is an option if GB thinks he is a few weeks away from game ready

I could be wrong but if they did this he'd have to miss six games. I see no reason to have activated him if he wasn't going to be on the 53 and stay there. 

Agree with @Packerraymond I think you keep Jones based on potential. Guy doesn't move like he's that big.