1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Kingsley Enagbare now has 7 QB pressures in two preseason games on fewer than 50 rushes.

Looking forward to seeing him develop. 

He did it against guys who will work at Piggly Wiggly in two weeks. Trash. Some of his pass rush moves weren't even that accurate and the QB just fell into the pressure. There's a reason he lasted so long in the draft and had crap college production. 

57 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I doubt that anyone will disagree with that.  Winfree has done everything he can to make the roster.  These are the guys that I usually champion at this time of year.  But, I have a few issues with keeping Winfree.  First, I just don't see what he offers the team when Watkins and Lazard, especially, enter the fray.  I think they do what he does, and they do it better.  Second, as much as we see that Rodgers isn't fantastic so far, he is the closest thing to Randall Cobb that we have, and that is a rather unique skill-set on this team.  Randall is prone to missing time.  If he is a major component to the offense, having a similar player may play to our advantage.  Perhaps that is as a member of the practice squad.  Third, when looking at this position, I am looking at this being roster spot number 52 or 53.  I think keeping an extra WR is less advantageous than keeping a guy like Chris Slayton, Jack Heflin, Caleb Jones, or even Rico Gafford.  Is anyone worried that Juwann Winfree is going to become a 1000 yard receiver somewhere else?

Winfree already made this team. I'm pretty damn sure. Doesn't mean I want him to, in fact I think I'd rather if he didn't lol. 

I think a lot of packer fans are suffering from severe revisionist history re: expectations for Aaron Rodgers after his third preseason.

Heck, in the 2008 draft the packers spent the 56th overall pick on Brian Brohm, and then doubled up on QB with Matt Flynn in round 7.  

Before you tell me that there was no thought that Brohm could unseat Rodgers, here is a hot take post 2008 draft-

“Mr. Factorback (Merrill Hoge) himself stated, “Well, actually I do like Brohm better than Rodgers,” before an intense mechanical sound introduced a chyron that simply read “Packers take Brohm.”

McShay followed it up with, “I honestly think Brian Brohm two years from now could be the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. It would not shock me at all. I still think Aaron Rodgers has a chance as well, but I think Brian Brohm’s upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers.”

I think if most fans were being honest with themselves, even heading into 2008 there was some thought that Brohm was the better prospect and had a legitimate chance at being the long term solution.

Edited by Cpdaly23
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

He did it against guys who will work at Piggly Wiggly in two weeks. Trash. Some of his pass rush moves weren't even that accurate and the QB just fell into the pressure. There's a reason he lasted so long in the draft and had crap college production. 

All true.

Was bored so I charted all Loves plays last night. 

Think he had 16 good throws, 4 decent, 3 throw aways, and 4 bad passes. 

Take aways: You can tell he really trys to pass within the rhythm of the offense. When he gets to the back of his drop he usually gets it out on time. He pretty much knows where he wants to go with the ball. One thing you gotta Love about him is he rarely panics. Obviously you aren't getting exotic blitzes in preseason but you can tell he doesn't get phased by pressure as much as other younger QBs.

His short game needs to be cleaned up a ton. It's either he throws it the opposite way of the receiver/running back, or theres not enough under it. Just needs to get a better feel for those balls.  His medium passing game has been pretty spot on, you can tell he is very comfortable hitting those intermediate crossers. Again the box score didn't do him justice. But still some of the same issues as last week.

1.Scrambles for a good gain. 
2.It's hard to tell if it's slightly underthrown or Doubs doesn't react to it as well and just flails his arms up. I don't think it was a bad pass.
3.Good Rhythm pass to Winfree. What you Love from Love is he rarely panics with pressure. He  doesn't escape the pocket like Younger QBs like to do with pressure, he trusts his RB to pick up the block. 
4.Really accurate ball from Love to Doubs
5.Good boot to Deguara, we've seen this before, he's been good for the most part with these plays.
6. Not right on the money to Winfree but he got it there for a decent gain.
7. He needs to hit this to Deguara even with a guy looming over him. Kuhn made it seem like he was really close but he had enough room.
8. No one was open so he danced around a bit and made good throw to Taylor, but was probably never going to convert to a RB tiptoeing in the endzone. 
9. They hit on this play at least 3 times this game, not a hard play by any means but he has had some success with it. Probably a bit behind, but none the less good play.
10. Pocket collapses in on him and he panics a bit stepping up. But really no where to go. Hard to tell without the all 22. Sack.
11. Again hard to tell without the All 22 but it looks like he could  of gone to Goodson and maybe Toure late over the middle. But some pressure again. Gets what he can on the ground.
12. No one open so basically a throw away to Doubs. Roughing call on a very late dumb play by the Saints defender.
13. Again hitting these plays in this area of the field again. Love is living on these crossers. 
14. I feel like Doubs wasn't expecting this ball, can't really pin this on Love just trying to find someone. Doubs gotta have a little better anticipation here. 
15.Love struggled throwing these flats last week, so it's good to see him hit a solid quick on to Goodson for a good gain.
16.Just a nice RPO to keep the momentum of the drive going.
17.Beautiful placement of this ball to fade to Doubs.
18.I can't blame this on Love that much, the defender is draped all over Winfree here slowing him down on the route.
19. Just a bad pass to Rodgers, you gotta fire that inbetween Rodgers number there. Could of been 4th and 1 and gone for it.
20. Feel like this is a throw away to Winfree's feet. Pressure in his face and just needs to get the ball out of his hands.
21.Good pass to Davis, but Davis unfortunately uh.. pulls a Davis.
22. Just a simple out pass to the TE.
23. Seems like a miscommunication with Winfree, can't tell 100 percent, but if he waited a tick longer he can hit Toure over the middle.
24. Too high to Dexter Williams. Pressure up the middle but the flat inconsistencies have been there.
25. Just doesn't get enough on the throw and leads it low out of reach for the WR.
26. An excellent throw, I get its a tough catch for Toure, but he hits him right in the hands. 
27. Nice flat play to Rodgers.
28. Another excellent throw here, putting it in a spot to protect Rodgers from a big hit. Rodgers nearly has it but slips out in the end. Good anticipation.
29. Think he puts it in a decent spot here, at least he's completing these flat passes better than last week. Still needs work.
30. Good ball by Love here, missed this pass earlier. Defender made a good play.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I think a lot of packer fans are suffering from severe revisionist history re: expectations for Aaron Rodgers after his third preseason.

Heck, in the 2008 draft the packers spent the 56th overall pick on Brian Brohm, and then doubled up on QB with Matt Flynn in round 7.  

Before you tell me that there was no thought that Brohm could unseat Rodgers, here is a hot take post 2008 draft-

“Mr. Factorback (Merrill Hoge) himself stated, “Well, actually I do like Brohm better than Rodgers,” before an intense mechanical sound introduced a chyron that simply read “Packers take Brohm.”

McShay followed it up with, “I honestly think Brian Brohm two years from now could be the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers. It would not shock me at all. I still think Aaron Rodgers has a chance as well, but I think Brian Brohm’s upside is greater than that of Aaron Rodgers.”

I think if most fans were being honest with themselves, even heading into 2008 there was some thought that Brohm was the better prospect and had a legitimate chance at being the long term solution.

I very much remember the Brohm talk. 

I expect I am like many Packers fans who didn't think much of Rodgers until the now seemingly legendary Dallas game where he came in and looked like he very much belonged.  Even then it was the GB fan version of civil war when it came time for Rodgers to replace Favre.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

suffering from severe revisionist history re: expectations for Aaron Rodgers after his third preseason.

100%.

Love probably isn't good. But they act like they had any ******* idea that Aaron was going to be an all time great, let alone a long time starter. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Also ****KKKKKK Brian Brohm. Long story but that dude lost me so much money being on college football. Didn't matter what side I bet on, he'd always screw me.

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But for real for real....

SOMEONE OWES ME SOMETHING FOR THE UNDER ON MISSED FIELD GOALS. IT WAS LIKE 4-1 ODDS AND I WOULD LIKE TO COLLECT NOW.

Footballs as payment is accepted.

Ahmeds a gem.

I gave you one football

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

100%.

Love probably isn't good. But they act like they had any ******* idea that Aaron was going to be an all time great, let alone a long time starter. 

Rodgers stunk early on, but he always had top confidence, and big brains to go along with the athletic skill.  He's always been an alpha.  Once he began to log starts it didn't take long for his computer brain to kick in.