1. 1. who was this week's mvp?

• Tyler Davis
    • Trevor Davis
    • Antonio Davis
    • Dale Davis
    • Davis Love III
    • ThatJerkDavis

1 minute ago, MVP21 said:

So you don't think the deep shot to Toure or the throw that Amari dropped were great throws? Both were in the 2nd half

No they weren't "great throws".   The throw to Toure is incomplete a high percentage of the time.  That is not a catch the receiver makes very often.     The throw to Amari was fine, but not a "great throw".  If a QB can't make that throw, they aren't NFL caliber.

People are counting plays that would require great catches to be made as drops.  Absolving Love of the ball Doubs was outwrestled for last week is an example.   The throw was late and inside.  Doubs made a good adjustment, and then got outwrestled for the ball.  Doubs needs to win that, but Love needs to make a better throw.  His ball placement was a big part of that play.  

7 minutes ago, HyponGrey said:

My problem with Tom isn't his strength, athleticism, or his technique. It's what you pointed out: his physique. I worry about his anchor this year, but give it an offseason or two, and that'll square itself away. Looks to be a player going forward.

Since offensive linemen (who are generally playing above what is a natural weight for their body) tend to lose mass as the season goes along, I wonder if the plan for Tom doesn't at some level involve "saving him for later." 

10 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

No they weren't "great throws".   The throw to Toure is incomplete a high percentage of the time.  That is not a catch the receiver makes very often.     The throw to Amari was fine, but not a "great throw".  If a QB can't make that throw, they aren't NFL caliber.

People are counting plays that would require great catches to be made as drops.  Absolving Love of the ball Doubs was outwrestled for last week is an example.   The throw was late and inside.  Doubs made a good adjustment, and then got outwrestled for the ball.  Doubs needs to win that, but Love needs to make a better throw.  His ball placement was a big part of that play.  

Man idk what to tell you if you don't think that throw to Toure was an absolute dime. And that Rodgers throw he literally couldn't have put it in a better spot. I do agree with you that part of the Doubs int last week is on him(although per Rodgers Doubs ran a bad route on it so without knowing what Doubs was exactly supposed to do it's tough to say how much is on Love) 

Edited by MVP21
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Jordan Love isn't the only QB that has to deal with drops. Its year 3 for him, at this point I don't want excuses, I want results. He's a first round pick, the guy shouldn't be struggling against fringe roster players.

He just isn't very consistent. He'll have one or two drives a game that look great then struggle to hit wide open guys for the next 3 drives.

Yea idk what to say if you're going to fault Love for his WRs dropping 8 passes. You can't on one hand say Love has accuracy issues if you are going to ding him for passes he puts right in the WRs lap but they don't catch it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Exactly, as I pointed out earlier, he's behind all those guys.  Even Pickett from Pittsburgh playing in his first game lit it up.  Love is 3 years in and struggling to put back to back drives together.  Im still hoping for the best.

Burrow was drafted number 1, herbert number 6, Jones was drafted 15… where was Love drafted?

There are reasons for why things are the way they are… Everyone knew Love needed work. Mac and Pickett were pro ready at draft… their issue is ceiling. Loves has more potential then both of them, if he can ever unlock it. Mac and Pickett could start day one… but by year 3 or 4 are their teams going to be looking for a better option because they have Goff 2.0 or at best Cousins 2.0?

Honestly I don’t get the Jordan Love talk. He has shown up this preseason. It’s clear at this point… dude needs playing time. He understands the operation of everything, a team can justify using a whole season with Love at Starting QB to see if playing will round out his edges and become more.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Love played well in the 1st quarter.  His best stretch as a Packer.    He didn't sustain that level after the 1st quarter.  He reverted back to what we had seen previously, with questionable accuracy.

People are seeing and focusing on what they want/believe rather than his actual play.   His 1st quarter was the first stretch of play that made me think he has a chance to be something in this league.   I was getting excited about his play, and then he went back to the guy we have watched to date.   Questionable accuracy.    Can he continue to improve and sustain accuracy, or will he always have stretches where he scatters the ball around the field.   Time will tell. 

I’ve watched the first half. He played well in the second quarter also.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Burrow was drafted number 1, herbert number 6, Jones was drafted 15… where was Love drafted?

There are reasons for why things are the way they are… Everyone knew Love needed work. Mac and Pickett were pro ready at draft… their issue is ceiling. Loves has more potential then both of them, if he can ever unlock it. Mac and Pickett could start day one… but by year 3 or 4 are their teams going to be looking for a better option because they have Goff 2.0 or at best Cousins 2.0?

Honestly I don’t get the Jordan Love talk. He has shown up this preseason. It’s clear at this point… dude needs playing time. He understands the operation of everything, a team can justify using a whole season with Love at Starting QB to see if playing will round out his edges and become more.

Those are his contemporaries whether you like it or not. Jordan Love does not get to be graded on a curve because we reached for him in the draft. You're really gonna talk about Mac and Pickett being replaced in year 3 or 4 when Jordan Love is probably going to sit his entire rookie contract?

19 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

Yea idk what to say if you're going to fault Love for his WRs dropping 8 passes. You can't on one hand say Love has accuracy issues if you are going to ding him for passes he puts right in the WRs lap but they don't catch it

How about he throws them a more catchable ball? His ball placement still leaves a lot to be desired and some of those drops you talk about he threw absolute wobblers.

• Like 1

It is fairly rare to draft a QB outside that top tier and have him turn out to be a guy.  If it happens, when it happens, it's going to be a different trajectory than the guys who you get in the top 10 who are good.

For reference here are all the QBs drafted in the 20s between Rodgers and Love:  Jason Campbell ('05, 25, WAS), Brady Quinn ('07, #22, CLE), Tim Tebow ('10, #25, DEN), Brandon Weeden ('12, #22, CLE), Johnny Manziel ('14, #22, CLE), Paxton Lynch ('16, #26, DEN).

So if Love hits it's not going to look like Andrew Luck hitting or Joe Burrow hitting.  It's going to be more like Rodgers' trajectory (who remember was kind of woeful in his first few years in preseason.)

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

Man idk what to tell you if you don't think that throw to Toure was an absolute dime. And that Rodgers throw he literally couldn't have put it in a better spot. I do agree with you that part of the Doubs int last week is on him(although per Rodgers Doubs ran a bad route on it so without knowing what Doubs was exactly supposed to do it's tough to say how much is on Love) 

Don't worry. If Rodgers threw all those balls exactly the same they would sing a 100% different tune. Their minds are made up and it doesn't matter what happens anymore. Even if he went 30/30 it would be OMG THESE GUYS HE'S PLAYING ARE GONNA WORK AT DA HOME DEPOT IN DA 3 WEEKS, DERRRR

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MVP21 said:

PFF and their pro Jordan Love agenda are counting hard catches at drops...... I guess