Steelers - Jags Preseason Game 2

MOSteelers56

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

As of now it looks like the RB room is Najee, Snell, and Warren. Can’t say I’m thrilled about that. Snell is such a boring back.

What happened to McFarland?   Looked decent last week...was he injured?

And where is Calvin Austin?   Ive been decently impressed even with our practice squad guys like Snead and Vaughns.   If Austin is out for an extended period, someone may get a shot.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

After watching 2 series with the "ones",  I stand by my 6 win prediction.

I think if Kendrick Green blocked Devin Bush a black hole would be created.

Is that what happens when a guy who does to the ground when blocked meets a guy who goes to the ground trying to block?

FWIW it seems the biggest reason Green keeps getting the nod is Dodsons ankle injury. 

• Like 1

I can’t help but on that pass to Muth notice how bad the understanding of assignments for Snell-Moore-Green is. Starts with Green starting to the outside rushed, which tells Moore to bump out. But Snell sees the two up the middle and takes the outside rusher (as he should). Leaves the inside guy untouched.  

Man, I was so high on Green coming out too.  Thought he could be a good C based on his limited time at the position.  But he's just fallen flat and gotten worse.  We can't play him and Moore together on the left side.  I think I would be for Cole at LG, Daniels at C, Dodson at RG.  That's the setup.

34 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Man, I was so high on Green coming out too.  Thought he could be a good C based on his limited time at the position.  But he's just fallen flat and gotten worse.  We can't play him and Moore together on the left side.  I think I would be for Cole at LG, Daniels at C, Dodson at RG.  That's the setup.

Been kinda curious if they would go sign a guy like JC Trettor and move Cole to LG. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Been kinda curious if they would go sign a guy like JC Trettor and move Cole to LG. 

Multiple guys that know OL stuff really well have pointed to that setup, that Cole is a better G because of athleticism, Daniels is natural at C, and Dodson is a RG.  The other "fix" offered was to go trade for a LT, that Moore is better suited for OG in the NFL than OT.  He's a big strong guy and struggles against the speed there is on the edges.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Multiple guys that know OL stuff really well have pointed to that setup, that Cole is a better G because of athleticism, Daniels is natural at C, and Dodson is a RG.  The other "fix" offered was to go trade for a LT, that Moore is better suited for OG in the NFL than OT.  He's a big strong guy and struggles against the speed there is on the edges.

I hope they make some moves.  We have some big gaping holes.  There are certainly some journeyman out there that would atleast be serviceable.  At OL and ILB.

Wonder what kind of shape Zach Banner is in right now. Super late in the process to try and add someone like him but maybe they would consider throwing him at RT and moving Chuks to to the left if DMJ continues to struggle.

Definitely wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on JC Tretter. It would be incompetent for them to NOT add someone at this point with the cap space we have and how had the line has looked.

• Like 1