The Last Of Us - HBO ***No Game Spoilers***

Broncofan

Man, I’m truly loving this show. I really enjoyed seeing the growth in the relationship and dynamic between Joel and Elle in this episode.

Spoiler

*Sigh*
As someone who hasn’t played the game and doesn’t know what happens next, let me go ahead and prepare myself for whatever tragedy lies ahead for Sam and/or Henry. I already know I won’t be ready. 

Edited by TitanSlim

Man, ton of one star reviews for this episode as well and the few special people here can't blame it on the thing this time. Almost like it was never the case.

Legitimately want to know why people would one star this episode. Very strange bc it followed the game closely and progressed the story very well. Not the most action packed but the game isn't all the time either. Amazing writing, acting, and just a fantastic performance from everyone. Cool to see the guy who voiced Tommy get a nice role as well

God I love this show. Every time an episode ends I feel sad lol. 

Each episode is it’s own self contained high quality story with new and unique characters and Joel and Ellie are the narrators delivering us to each. There really isn’t much to complain about so far. Another great episode. 

33 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Man, ton of one star reviews for this episode as well and the few special people here can't blame it on the thing this time. Almost like it was never the case.

Legitimately want to know why people would one star this episode. Very strange bc it followed the game closely and progressed the story very well. Not the most action packed but the game isn't all the time either. Amazing writing, acting, and just a fantastic performance from everyone. Cool to see the guy who voiced Tommy get a nice role as well

Review bombing is the norm now. I didn't like last week's episode, but in no way was it 1*. Every time there's a show that a lot of time and money are spent on, there's a segment of the internet population that gets off on review bombing it.

Happened with Star Wars and The Rings of Power. I don't consider them as well done as this show, but certainly not 1*.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Might want to spoiler tag that edited part bc it seems like you've either read ahead or someone told you what to expect. 

I honestly have no clue what’s going to happen next.  It’s just my expectations when a new character comes around. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:47 PM, TitanSlim said:

Between Sarah last week and Tess this week, I’m quickly learning not to become too attached to a character. Both here briefly, both deaths heartbreaking.

I’ll spoiler tag it anyway just in case.

• Like 1

As this quickly becomes a forum favorite, let me just lay out a few things so everyone has a good experience.

1. If you want to talk about game spoilers, in any way, don't even bother posting it here with the spoiler tag. There is a thread for that discussion:

2. If someone who doesn't know the game spoilers and happens to guess correctly about an outcome, IGNORE IT. Calling it out just officially spoils it. Besides that, this is a discussion thread, we WANT people to guess and discuss what the show might do or what they hope happens. 

3. For those of you who have NOT played the games but are asking for insight from game people; don't. Let the experience wash over you as the show runners intended. If you are that morbidly curious, the internet is a big place, I am sure you can find that insight elsewhere. 

4. BE CAREFUL when discussing changes between the game and the show. Those types of discussions quickly lead to spoiler territory. Preferably, all change discussion will be done in the Learned People Only thread. If you are posting in this thread about, say, Frank and Bill's story changes, be sure to keep it within the confines of the episode and not how that change might effect the greater narrative. 

Play nice kids. I will be offline all this week. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Another fantastic episode. The bond that keep growing with Joel and Ellie is really well written.

Really enjoyed the first half when nothing happened for some reason. Ellie punning and Joel drinking coffee while listening to tunes was awesome.

• Like 1

So one thing I can't seem to figure out is it seems like the infected prefer to live in the cities? Hinted at by Joel in this episode when he's not worried about the woods because its to rural for the infected. If thats the case...Why are all the QZ put into cities??? 

Very interested to see how this QZ "fell", it seemed abandoned so I'm guessing it was overthrown by this new group of people. Very good episode.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Review bombing is the norm now. I didn't like last week's episode, but in no way was it 1*. Every time there's a show that a lot of time and money are spent on, there's a segment of the internet population that gets off on review bombing it.

Happened with Star Wars and The Rings of Power. I don't consider them as well done as this show, but certainly not 1*.

I would normally agree that's the case but the first two episodes didn't have this behavior. Guess I would need to read user reviews to figure this out lol