Washington @ Baltimore preseason game 3: Discussion

aceinthehouse

We actually played well outside of red zone play. Howell is tough and needs to learn when to let a play die before taking a sack. But a lot of guys missed plays on passes he threaded. This boy has a ton of coachable growth potential. It woulda been nice to win or even tie but I’m happy he looks like he belongs much less the guys play hard for him that matters. But onto the season I really hope this staff can somehow make this roster gel.

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Dyami Browm. Cut him. Wasted 3rd rd pick but can't make it worse by wasting the roster spot. 

It’s made the Dotson selection really look much smarter. Brown just hasn’t clicked when it comes too making the plays he did in college in this league. It be hard to let him go but I haven’t looked at the roster yet and really broke it down. But if it’s between him or keeping a extra TE like Hodges I’m def keeping Hodges with Turner and Bates and Logan.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There’s no point in keeping Heinecke. Howell can do everything he can do but do it better. Nick Mullen was just traded for a 7th round pick. We really can’t get something for Heinecke? Like a 5th. 

He really can’t. The ball takes forever to come out with Howell, like it always has. I hope he can learn his way into mastering an offense and trusting his reads and getting the ball out efficiently — because we can all see the things to be excited about, with the arm and the sneaky legs and the never-quit attitude.

But he’s not there yet, and I think a first-unit NFL D (especially one preparing for him) would mostly eat him alive. So as long as they’re continuing the charade that they’re trying to win, they’ve gotta have a backup QB who can actually compete if Wentz goes down. 

If they only had room for one backup QB, I’d keep Howell over Heinicke because of what there’s a chance he could become. But for me, there just are not enough “must-keep” guys on the bottom of this roster to feel pressured to let any of these QBs go. I just can’t imagine a scenario where keeping a Tre Walker or Keith Ismael or Steven Parker is so vital that they’d outweigh the QB spot.

• Like 3

Disappointment of this preseason has to be Dyami Brown. I don’t even know what to say. He has to make those catches, as a rookie I’d get it but now he’s going into his 2nd year. I assume he’ll still make the team bc they just drafted him last year but he has to be on thin ice. 

Cam Sims is definitely ahead of him, but I think most of us have always felt that would be the case regardless even if they don’t show it on the depth chart. 

9 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s made the Dotson selection really look much smarter. Brown just hasn’t clicked when it comes too making the plays he did in college in this league. It be hard to let him go but I haven’t looked at the roster yet and really broke it down. But if it’s between him or keeping a extra TE like Hodges I’m def keeping Hodges with Turner and Bates and Logan.

I can’t envision them cutting Dyami after just one season & a preseason bc they drafted him. I think it’s clear that Cam Sims is the #4 and Dax Milne may be ahead of Dyami too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t envision them cutting Dyami after just one season & a preseason bc they drafted him. I think it’s clear that Cam Sims is the #4 and Dax Milne may be ahead of Dyami too.

I agree with you, turtle.

I'll be surprised if they give up on Dyami this soon.

I think the odd man out is Erickson.

I think our WR core will be....

Scary Terry

Curtis Samuel

Jahan Dotson

Cam Sims

Dyami Brown

Dax Milne ( or free agent pickup like Mims from the Jets who is rumored to be cut)

14 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Dyami Browm. Cut him. Wasted 3rd rd pick but can't make it worse by wasting the roster spot. 

So true.  Oddly I feel like all we heard was how he was going to be a big part of what they are doing this year, but from what I have seen he still is a shoddy route runner and he can't catch.  I would try to practice squad him.  If not, move on.