2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

And they can’t play the players?? Your kidding me right? LSU gave coach O $17.1 million to go away & they’re paying Brian Kelly $9.5 million over 10 years and he could earn more with incentives.

”Brian Kelly salary: $9.5 million (LSU):

Days after saying he would never leave the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, unless he was offered $250 million, Brian Kelly became the LSU Tigers head coach. Fourth amongst the active leaders in coaching wins (166), Kelly’s “Irish Exit” from Notre Dame is a repeat of his departure from Cincinnati to join the Fighting Irish.

While he didn’t land $250 million, he easily grabs a spot among the highest-paid college football coaches. Previous reports indicatedthe deal is worth $100-plus million over 10 years. However, the official terms per LSU are $95 million over 10 years. There are likely reachable incentives that will push the total value well past $100 million.

• Brian Kelly contract: 10 years, $95 million

LSU’s coaching change is going to be the costliest in college football history. Ed Orgeron received a $17 million buyout and when combined with Kelly’s contract, it’s a staggering total being spent. But the Tigers are confident that a coach who posted a 113-40 record at Notre Dame with five consecutive double-digit win seasons will bring a national championship to Baton Rouge.”

Damn Bama almost lost! Only time on my live I was rooting for Texas. I can’t believe the DB from Texas missed Bryce Young on that pass rush. If he gets that the game may have been over but Young slipped his sack attempt & rushed down the right side for 20 yards & then the kicker made the game winner.

I do have to wonder if this close game - almost loss - costs Alabama the #1 overall ranking. Georgia creamed #11 Oregon 59-3 in the opener & Ohio State beat #5 overall Notre Dame in their opener.

A Case can be made that for the next ranking  Georgia should be #1, Ohio State #2 & Bama #3.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Posted this in the This Ain't thread.

Love seeing Marshall take down #8Notre Dame. OOC wins for any Sunbelt team helps my team. Even if we're not bowl eligible until next year, the more the SBC wins the better it will be when the playoffs expand.

I’m happy for Marshall, huge win. Notre Dame losing to Marshall hurts Ohio State though. I was trying to make the case that Georgia should be #1, Ohio State #2 & Alabama #3 after they almost lost to an unranked Texas team today, but not after Notre Dame lost to Marshall. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Damn Bama almost lost! Only time on my live I was rooting for Texas. I can’t believe the DB from Texas missed Bryce Young on that pass rush. If he gets that the game may have been over but Young slipped his sack attempt & rushed down the right side for 20 yards & then the kicker made the game winner.

I do have to wonder if this close game - almost loss - costs Alabama the #1 overall ranking. Georgia creamed #11 Oregon 59-3 in the opener & Ohio State beat #5 overall Notre Dame in their opener.

A Case can be made that for the next ranking  Georgia should be #1, Ohio State #2 & Bama #3.

It might help them down the line as Marshall and App State are both in the SunBelt East division (along with JMU 0.0!! )

With App State taking down #6 Texas A&M it might not hurt OSU as much eventually.

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It might help them down the line as Marshall and App State are both in the SunBelt East division (along with JMU 0.0!! )

With App State taking down #6 Texas A&M it might not hurt OSU as much eventually.

I would think that Texas A&M going down to OSU that will hurt SEC schools but probably not enough that it will matter as I think Georgia & Alabama are the # 1 & 2 again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That Texas defense man they were communicating well those Safties and back end looked amazing. 

• Like 1