2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

On 9/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I'd love to have him back because I think he played really well in the slot for us (outside was worse due to the tall receivers he covered playing there). But he did pretty well. 

As much as I love him and think he can play, I don't think I'd sign him because he hasn't been healthy during any of his seasons (except his last one here). Got cut here as a result of a leg injury. Didn't crack lineup in Houston as a result of late add to the team and he was injured. Signed with Iggles and was having great OTAs and camp and got injured again right before the 1st preseason game. If he can stay healthy, he would be a good addition. I'm just not confident he can stay out of the trainer's tent and s much as I love the guy, I'm just not sure on signing him at the moment. 

I hear  ya, but our internal slot options ain’t gettin it done, so I’d try him, can’t hurt.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nebraska's coach

Holy crap haha 😂 Scott Frosts’s alma matter fired him after 4 years & 2 games! 

He was the can’t miss candidate to revive Nebraska, if he can’t do it, who can?

It’s his alma mater, after leading he built UCF into an undefeated team in 2017. A son of Nebraska who quarterbacked the Cornhuskers to the 1997 national championship, Frost would be the coach to restore glory for Big Red.

Instead, he was three games into his fifth season. After a 45-42 loss to Georgia Southernon Saturday, Nebraska athletic director Trev Alberts had enough. The school couldn't even wait three more weeks, when Frost's buyout would have dropped by half from $15 million to $7.5 million.

Since firing Frank Solich despite a 9-3 record in 2003, Nebraska has tried different types of coaches without coming close to the level of success it enjoyed from 1963 to 2001, when the program won five national championships, finished outside the AP Top 25 just twice and had 24 top-10 finishes. But Frost's struggles in Lincoln -- he never even made a bowl game and went 5-22 in one-score games, by far the worst mark in the FBS since the start of 2018 -- leaves Nebraska scrambling for answers.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/34571131/scott-frost-fired-replace-nebraska-football-coach?platform=amp

Man that A&M RB Achane is a stud!!! Electrically fast runs with good vision and catches better then they use him. I’ve been saying he’s the best player at A&M since his freshman year he is still very much that dude!!! Also love #5 Turner their NT!! This guy pushes men back with elite burst and power. This guy is a beast!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We need a stud LB so badly. 

I’d still go elite level CB if the players are rated similarly. I def would have made the Dean pick over Mathis but that’s not here nor there. We def still need that cornerstone player for this defense on that level before it can really be elite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d still go elite level CB if the players are rated similarly. I def would have made the Dean pick over Mathis but that’s not here nor there. We def still need that cornerstone player for this defense on that level before it can really be elite.

Exactly. CB in round 1 for me, unless there’s a can’t miss guy. If there is, then it’s CB for me in round 2 or 3, whichever pick the colts end up with of ours.

LB to me doesn’t have to be a 1st round pick. If Jamin bombs, I sure hope they’d sign at least a serviceable starter & re-sign Holcomb.

As you know, so may LBs are drafted in the mid rounds & come in and impress. In fact most starting LBs are mid round picks. That’s what’s been so frustrating from most of us is that they haven’t taken a mid round LB since Hudson in 2020. I know they had high hopes for Hudson but I guess they don’t think he’s anything more than a special teams guy & Eifler can do teams & is a better Lb so he won the back up WLB job behind Jamin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I had put LB options(free agency) to realize it was college prospects. 

Oh ok. Well honestly doesn’t really matter, we can talk about it in either thread as far as I’m concerned I do think Lavar was talking about LBs as far we need to take one in next years draft though.