Bills sign former Broncos Punter Sam Martin

Trentwannabe

Skill wise he is essentially the opposite of the punter they drafted. Kinda weird imo that they valued leg strength for a pick, and directional ability for making the 53. I get the off the field issue, but I kinda expected another leg strength type to be the replacement. Good punter though.

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Skill wise he is essentially the opposite of the punter they drafted. Kinda weird imo that they valued leg strength for a pick, and directional ability for making the 53. I get the off the field issue, but I kinda expected another leg strength type to be the replacement. Good punter though.

His experience as a holder and potentially bad weather games (?) would be the most appealing to Buffalo.

Only reason Matt Haack had a job last year was because of his holding ability and Tyler Bass comfortably with him 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Apparently, Kern has decided to stay in the Tennessee area in case Stackhouse does not work out.

Can’t blame Kerns. At his age and assuming his family has strong roots there, I wouldn’t rush to sign with another team if there’s a chance the Titans bring me back. 

34 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I mean he was 13th in average and 5th in net average. I would say Martin still has decent leg strength. Not Araizas level of leg strength but Araiza is an anomaly.

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

Skill wise he is essentially the opposite of the punter they drafted.

After that, I wouldn't blame them for looking for someone opposite in every imaginable way.

Edited by 43M
typo
  • Like 1