RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

On 9/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, big_palooka said:

Carr panics under pressure. Nothing new here. It's been his MO since USC exposed him back in college. 

He does a lot of great things. Best QB the Raiders have had in ages, but he shrinks when he starts to take hits. Then he really doesn't want to run. 

I've never see a QB with his skill set look so erratic and panicked when things breakdown. He flails around until he ultimately fumbles.....  every. single. time. 

It looked like he was too committed to letting plays develop down the field which resulted in him holding onto the ball way too long instead of looking to run, check it down, or throw it out of bounds. 

Hopefully Josh McDaniels does a better job getting the run game going and using screens, etc. to slow down opposing pass rushes. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's arm strength has always been overrated on here. Throughout his career he has always thrown deep balls that hang and force the WR to either slow down or that allow DBs to catch up.

I think that style of throw was by design, however I get what you are saying and agree. Carr is not a good deep thrower and quite inaccurate deep. You had many say “Look at PFF, Carr is super accurate deep!”, when PFF’s stats completely lack context. Carr will only throw deep usually if a guy is wide open, like the play in your post. So of course his completion percentage deep is going to be completely skewed. 

Carr’s arm is a strange one. His velocity in the intermediate game is sexy and up there with almost any QB in the league. However, his velocity past 25 yards takes a STEEP decline like I have never seen before. By “never seen before” I mean, it is so odd to see a guy have such a rocket in the intermediate game, and his velocity goes to crap when going deep. His deep ball has always been atrocious, there is a reason the dude is one of the most risk-adverse QB’s in the league. 

Edited by BayRaider

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think that throw was by design, however I get what you are saying. Carr is not a good deep thrower and quite inaccurate deep. You had many say “Look at PFF, Carr is super accurate deep!”, when PFF’s stats completely lack context. Carr will only throw deep usually if a guy is wide open, like the play in your post. So of course his completion percentage deep is going to be completely skewed. 

Carr’s arm is a strange one. His velocity in the intermediate game is sexy and up there with almost any QB in the league. However, his velocity past 25 yards takes a STEEP decline like I have never seen before. By “never seen before” I mean, it is so odd to see a guy have such a rocket in the intermediate game, and his velocity goes to crap when going to deep. His deep ball has always been atrocious, there is a reason the dude is one of the most risk-adverse QB’s in the league. 

Yeah his deep ball almost always floats which makes guys have to slow down and allows DBs to catch up.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

lol that's funny but I still wouldn't take Tua over Carr. They just might have the better McDaniel lol

Tua has more overall talent than Carr. Tua was a Top 5 pick for a reason while Carr was a second round pick. Tua was a 5 star recruit with crazy good intangibles, very high football IQ, the best thrower in tight windows in the analytic tracking history, great pocket presence and composure, and ability to extend plays in the play extension era of the NFL. Carr’s pocket presence was the main reason he was a second round pick if you read any of his scouting reports. His pocket presence and awareness are quite abysmal. Very rare for a QB to succeed, especially from a winning games perspective, with that flaw. 

With that said, I am by no means saying Tua is a better QB than Carr at this moment. But by seasons-end, who knows. It’s possible. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tua has more overall talent than Carr. Tua was a Top 5 pick for a reason while Carr was a second round pick. Tua was a 5 star recruit with crazy good intangibles, very high football IQ, the best thrower in tight windows in the analytic tracking history, great pocket presence and composure, and ability to extend plays in the play extension era of the NFL. Carr’s pocket presence was the main reason he was a second round pick if you read any of his scouting reports. His pocket presence and awareness are quite abysmal. Very rare for a QB to succeed, especially from a winning games perspective, with that flaw. 

With that said, I am by no means saying Tua is a better QB than Carr at this moment. But by seasons-end, who knows. It’s possible. 

Tua it is not have a better arm than Carr. I know we lost today and car was not that great and that to her through for 500 yards I get all of that but let's not go overboard and say that he was a better thrower. 

Plus the whole thing about the draft is all drafts are different. And that's without mentioning that Brady went in the fifth round(or six round I can't remember)

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Tua it is not have a better arm than Carr. I know we lost today and car was not that great and that to her through for 500 yards I get all of that but let's not go overboard and say that he was a better thrower. 

Plus the whole thing about the draft is all drafts are different. And that's without mentioning that Brady went in the fifth round(or six round I can't remember)

I never once said Tua has a stronger arm. I said he is way more talented, which he is. Talent is not exclusive to arm strength. Also, Carr’s arm has always been vastly overrated by Raider fans. Carr’s velocity inside 25 yards is amazing, but after that his balls become floaters and lack velocity. If I could rate Carr arms strength from 1-25 yards, it’s a 97/100. Real good velocity. 25+ yards is more like a 65/100. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I never once said Tua has a stronger arm. I said he is way more talented, which he is. Talent is not exclusive to arm strength. Also, Carr’s arm has always been vastly overrated by Raider fans. Carr’s velocity inside 25 yards is amazing, but after that his balls become floaters and lack velocity. If I could rate Carr arms strength from 1-25 yards, it’s a 97/100. Real good velocity. 25+ yards is more like a 65/100. 

OK so how are you defining talented in this case. 

Because like for example I would say Drew Brees was a better quarterback obviously than Derek Carr but Drew Brees was not more talented. 

17 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK so how are you defining talented in this case. 

Because like for example I would say Drew Brees was a better quarterback obviously than Derek Carr but Drew Brees was not more talented. 

- Raw athleticism - Tua, 5 star recruit. Not remotely close. 

- Football IQ- tie

- Intangibles - Tua, easily. 

- Play Extension - Tua by a country mile

- Pocket Presence - Tua by a country mile. Carr’s pocket presence has never been good. Not even in college. Main reason Carr was a second round pick. 

- Anticipation Throw Skill - Tua, not even close. Carr doesn’t have this skill at all and it has always bothered me. 

Tight Window Skill- Tua, not close. Carr has never been a tight window thrower and never been good at it. Carr loves only targeting super open guys throughout both college and the NFL. Anytime he tries to fit it in a window with 1-2 defenders, it doesn’t end well a majority of the time. 

- Accuracy - Tua. Tua is one of the most accurate and talented throwers ever coming into the NFL. Carr may have a high completion % but he takes easy layup throws and only throws when guys are open. Tua’s ball placement is superb and like I said, he is the best at throwing into tight windows and tight coverage ever recorded in college football history. Right at the exact spot it needs to be, in coverage. 

At the end of the day, talented QBs go in the 1st round and lesser talented QB’s surrounded by question marks go outside the first round. Carr had tons of flaws entering the league. His good arm is why he was even drafted in the second round because he had a ton of flaws and things he needed to clean up. 

Once again, not saying Tua is the better QB. Not even close to saying that. Tua needs to prove that over a whole season. Carr is the better QB right now, no question. But talent is different than “who’s the best”. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Raw athleticism - Tua, 5 star recruit. Not remotely close. 

- Football IQ- tie

- Intangibles - Tua, easily. 

- Play Extension - Tua by a country mile

- Pocket Presence - Tua by a country mile. Carr’s pocket presence has never been good. Not even in college. Main reason Carr was a second round pick. 

- Anticipation Throw Skill - Tua, not even close. Carr doesn’t have this skill at all and it has always bothered me. 

Tight Window Skill- Tua, not close. Carr has never been a tight window thrower and never been good at it. Carr loves only targeting super open guys throughout both college and the NFL. Anytime he tries to fit it in a window with 1-2 defenders, it doesn’t end well a majority of the time. 

- Accuracy - Tua. Tua is one of the most accurate and talented throwers ever coming into the NFL. Carr may have a high completion % but he takes easy layup throws and only throws when guys are open. Tua’s ball placement is superb and like I said, he is the best at throwing into tight windows and tight coverage ever recorded in college football history. Right at the exact spot it needs to be, in coverage. 

At the end of the day, talented QBs goes in the 1st round and lesser talented QB’s surrounded by question marks go outside the first round. Carr had tons of flaws entering the league. His good arm is why he was even drafted in the second round because he had a ton of flaws and things he needed to clean up. 

Once again, not saying Tua is the better QB. Not even close to saying that. Tua needs to prove that over a whole season. Carr is the better QB right now, no question. But talent is different than “who’s the best”. 

OK cool thanks for giving it to me in writing I'll hold onto these to revisit at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK cool thanks for giving it to me in writing I'll hold onto these to revisit at the end of the season. 

Why? I never once made a prediction saying Tua will have the better season. Nor did I say he is currently the better QB. I am simply explaining how Tua is more talented, and why Tua was a 1st Round pick and Carr wasn’t. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Why? I never once made a prediction saying Tua will have the better season. Nor did I say he is currently the better QB. I am simply explaining how Tua is more talented, and why Tua was a 1st Round pick and Carr wasn’t. 

Baker was a number one overall pick who is more talented? him or carr?