RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

17 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Ok Interesting. Now, I've never played QB so I may be off base here but I did play LB and DE when I did play (originally from a rugby background so I only played football when a bit older admittedly).

I don't really fault Carr for the first sack, Mack just bullied the RT into Carr, I don't really fault the RT that much either, that was just Mack mauling people. The second one, the Derwin James one, yes that was Carr, he should have moved IMO when it was obvious James was the danger. Jacobs actually does a better job cutting Miller than the defender ☹️

The second Mack sack, the guy is saying why didn't Carr try to escape the pocket? If you watch it, Carr indeed does try to escape the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield which I believe they teach QBs and he's caught from behind around the ankles brilliantly by Mack. Now, Carr probably should have tried to go sooner, I'm not sure? If I'd made that play I'd say it was a great play by the pass rusher 😁

The sack fumble at around 7:30 again, was Mack against Miller rather than picking on our 'weak' RT rotation again but that is another great play by Mack. The guy says 'one hand should not bring you down' but he's clearly not watching the film, Mack disrupts with one arm then a second defender brings him down from a different angle with a good solid leg tackle! Carr should step up more and in a perfect world he feels the pressure and takes off for a scramble, I agree with that. I'm inclined to say good Mack play again, Carr could do better but it seems the play design is a longer developing play so maybe he's got his eyes downfield for that. I think this is the play I put in the 'Ugly' in the Good, Bad and Ugly thread as at the time I was shouting to run for the 3 yard gain to get a first down as it seemed wide open. Watching it again, it's not as clear as I'd thought then and there is a defender at the bottom of the screen with his eyes on Carr but he should still scramble I feel to try and get the 1st down.

The final sack, #8, #97 and #52 are all closing in from 3 sides pretty quickly, at the time I thought Carr held the ball way, way too long. Watching it now, we need 8 yards so a dump off is probably not what we're looking for. Whichever way Carr moves 97, 52 or 8 will get an arm on him at least so I think that's just our protection breaking down as they pin their ears back and get there in around 2 to 3 seconds. I think we should have had a quick route to Renfrow on that play with Adams and Waller trying to draw defenders deep and then a last ditch outlet to the RB if all goes **** up. Watching it again, I've changed my mind on this play, I blamed Carr 100% at the time, now I think their pass rush just beat our protection and Mack does another great job. If I'm Carr I probably just chuck it and hope in the vague direction of Renfrow or Adams. We just got beat on this play up front IMO.

Would like to hear your takes my man 🙂👍

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mack was beating up kolt also

kolt is our best olinemen but he’s only  good not great himself. For the life of me I have no idea how they thought this oline was worth anything when they stepped foot in the door 

figured they would try Barton out during this game that mcd thought was a preseason scrimmage 

Often overlooked. Miller is a pretty average LT on his best days. Vastly overrated by this fan base because of where he was drafted. 

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Ok Interesting. Now, I've never played QB so I may be off base here but I did play LB and DE when I did play (originally from a rugby background so I only played football when a bit older admittedly).

I don't really fault Carr for the first sack, Mack just bullied the RT into Carr, I don't really fault the RT that much either, that was just Mack mauling people. The second one, the Derwin James one, yes that was Carr, he should have moved IMO when it was obvious James was the danger. Jacobs actually does a better job cutting Miller than the defender ☹️

The second Mack sack, the guy is saying why didn't Carr try to escape the pocket? If you watch it, Carr indeed does try to escape the pocket, he keeps his eyes downfield which I believe they teach QBs and he's caught from behind around the ankles brilliantly by Mack. Now, Carr probably should have tried to go sooner, I'm not sure? If I'd made that play I'd say it was a great play by the pass rusher 😁

The sack fumble at around 7:30 again, was Mack against Miller rather than picking on our 'weak' RT rotation again but that is another great play by Mack. The guy says 'one hand should not bring you down' but he's clearly not watching the film, Mack disrupts with one arm then a second defender brings him down from a different angle with a good solid leg tackle! Carr should step up more and in a perfect world he feels the pressure and takes off for a scramble, I agree with that. I'm inclined to say good Mack play again, Carr could do better but it seems the play design is a longer developing play so maybe he's got his eyes downfield for that. I think this is the play I put in the 'Ugly' in the Good, Bad and Ugly thread as at the time I was shouting to run for the 3 yard gain to get a first down as it seemed wide open. Watching it again, it's not as clear as I'd thought then and there is a defender at the bottom of the screen with his eyes on Carr but he should still scramble I feel to try and get the 1st down.

The final sack, #8, #97 and #52 are all closing in from 3 sides pretty quickly, at the time I thought Carr held the ball way, way too long. Watching it now, we need 8 yards so a dump off is probably not what we're looking for. Whichever way Carr moves 97, 52 or 8 will get an arm on him at least so I think that's just our protection breaking down as they pin their ears back and get there in around 2 to 3 seconds. I think we should have had a quick route to Renfrow on that play with Adams and Waller trying to draw defenders deep and then a last ditch outlet to the RB if all goes **** up. Watching it again, I've changed my mind on this play, I blamed Carr 100% at the time, now I think their pass rush just beat our protection and Mack does another great job. If I'm Carr I probably just chuck it and hope in the vague direction of Renfrow or Adams. We just got beat on this play up front IMO.

Would like to hear your takes my man 🙂👍

Gotta sense pressure better

carr acting like like he has his old expensive oline

1) poor block by josh actually takes out kolt which releases Mack only thing carr could do is maybe throw it away or maybe spin and run towards the sideline and beat Mack so no fault on carr on that one

2) waller missed td nice pocket classic wtf carr redzone throw 

3) 2nd sack carr gotta step up roll right or left Mack sacked him with one hand

4) 3rd sack line gives carr 5-6 seconds to throw carr gotta run or throw it away

5) incomplete pass I’m ok with that carr stepped up avoided the sack

6) sack fumble carr patting the ball after 4-5 seconds “shi or get off the pot” do something run or throw it away he just freezes up and of course fumbles way too easily 

7) second sack fumble idk pocket does collapse meh 50/50 carr fumbles so easily tho

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta sense pressure better

carr acting like like he has his old expensive oline

1) poor block by josh actually takes out kolt which releases Mack only thing carr could do is maybe throw it away or maybe spin and run towards the sideline and beat Mack so no fault on carr on that one

2) waller missed td nice pocket classic wtf carr redzone throw 

3) 2nd sack carr gotta step up roll right or left Mack sacked him with one hand

4) 3rd sack line gives carr 5-6 seconds to throw carr gotta run or throw it away

5) incomplete pass I’m ok with that carr stepped up avoided the sack

6) sack fumble carr patting the ball after 4-5 seconds “shi or get off the pot” do something run or throw it away he just freezes up and of course fumbles way too easily 

7) second sack fumble idk pocket does collapse meh 50/50 carr fumbles so easily tho

@Darbsk I'm pretty much in agreement with this post here. I think hurts gets away from 4 of those sacks. I think herbert and mahommes gets away from at least 3. I think carr should have at least got away from 2 of them. I can honestly say I think only 2 are for sure not his fault. 2 he look like a Deer in headlights. One is 50/50. I think in today's league it's only a few qbs who gets sacked all 5 times on those. He shouldn't be one of them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

@Darbsk I'm pretty much in agreement with this post here. I think hurts gets away from 4 of those sacks. I think herbert and mahommes gets away from at least 3. I think carr should have at least got away from 2 of them. I can honestly say I think only 2 are for sure not his fault. 2 he look like a Deer in headlights. One is 50/50. I think in today's league it's only a few qbs who gets sacked all 5 times on those. He shouldn't be one of them. 

Yep, don't disagree with that, I think Carr obviously has limitations and he's no Randall Cunningham but he should really avoid two of those - I think that's what my post above boils down to (apologies for the pragraphs but I wanted to explain my thought process). Having said that, watching those again, Mack is such a beast and I'm so irritated we didn't keep him. Mack and Crosby would be so good ☹️

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Aaaand that's a warning. I'm deleting this and copying into the mod forum. There is zero reason to speak like this on our forum. Please refrain from insults and language like this goin forward. 

Yes sir, no problem. I’ve gone to other forums and posted zero times in 17 yrs. I had a feeling I’d get a warning. Lol. I get it, let the trolls be trolls as long as they use good language. 👍👍

Carr is maddening in that when he's "on" he moves well and can make plays of schedule. One thing I will say is Gruden brought more of that out in him. Will be interesting to see going forward. 

Carr looked like he watched Tom Brady Pats film all offseason and thought he'd just stand there and deliver all day. 

It's frustrating because the book on Carr is he gets shook when he feels pressure. And they did nothing on the Oline to help him this offseason. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr is maddening in that when he's "on" he moves well and can make plays of schedule. One thing I will say is Gruden brought more of that out in him. Will be interesting to see going forward. 

Carr looked like he watched Tom Brady Pats film all offseason and thought he'd just stand there and deliver all day. 

It's frustrating because the book on Carr is he gets shook when he feels pressure. And they did nothing on the Oline to help him this offseason. 

You know what’s weird. The first drive he was escaping to his right and throwing strikes. I don’t know what happened after that. Agree McDaniels was much better off putting an extra blocker in to buy time. And he didn’t. Failed miserably in that regard. He needs to prove to me that he’s an offensive guru. I haven’t seen it yet. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Great point gruden tried to get the most out of carr. Seems like jmd thinks carr is a finished product. 

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed, that’s probably why I was so frustrated this morning (besides the fact that fans of 2 rivals just can’t resist gum flapping.lol) everyone (experts, laymen, my cousins one eyed dog) knew we had a suspect o-line, and we did zero to address it (sorry, 2 rooks doesn’t count.) why coaches and gms  feel the need to “outsmart” everyone from time to time is mind boggling. Smh x 10!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

mmhhmm... This will be very interesting circle back to around week 10