Week #1 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The McDaniels Era Officially Begins

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

The 2022 season has nearly arrived! When you look up and down this roster and staff, it's pretty remarkable how much our lineup has changed from the playoff team last season. McDaniels, Patrick Graham, Adams, Jones, Ya-Sin, Nichols... lots of change at important areas.

The Chargers have one of the best rosters and will be looking to "avenge" their final week choke to us, which happily sent them home. This won't be an easy task but I just feel good about this season. Too much excitement not to be glued to the TV week in and week out. 

chargers-raiders-football-61876.jpg

quarterback-derek-carr-of-the-las-vegas-

1414839085.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Maxx-Crosby.jpeg?fit=2000,1334&ssl=1

j0aq5sw29rw51.jpg?auto=webp&s=53d6d2635f

Let's crush these phone accessories. Just win, baby.

davis-obit-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

Even with our suspect OLine I still have a good feeling about this offence. I think the defence will be better than anticipated too as we have  players with set roles and can and will vary the attack, a major weakness under Gus Bradley. I think we’ll win but it’ll be tight. Chargers going to flatter to deceive again this year.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

If we are who we think we are, we WIN!

Both teams are good and play hard against each other. I think our coaching makes the difference on both sides of the ball and we win.

Everyone knows we can pass and have the weapons to do so at any moment, so we establish the ground game and screens before opening things up and featuring a different weapon every week. Adams, Renfrow and Waller will get open A LOT so they will get to eat but being unstoppable is priceless. Our Defense gets 2 turnovers and Offense shirts between 'milk the clock' and quick strike. YOU CAN'T STOP US!!! 35-24 RAIDERS!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think the chargers come out mad, and so does mack. Our o-line shows it's face against a determined elite pass rush, Carr gets sacked 6 times and we lose 27-21. 

I don't think any defense can keep the Raiders to 21 points. If the Raiders lose it will be a shoot out.

• Like 1

It will be a battle and I have no clue who will win. Our Oline is sketchy but I feel JM feels he can negate deficiencies with scheme and quick passes.  If we can do this properly, we will have teams on their heels which will open up the deep game despite our lack of talent along the line.  Our D is questionable as well but like I have always started, success starts up front along the Dline.  If we can generate pressure we will be ok, if not there will be a ton of shootouts. 

What I will say is this is the first game we have had in over 20 years with a real coaching staff, HC and GM.  JM and Ziegler are legit and will be here for a long time.  That alone has me pumped and optimistic for the future. 

I was one of the most critical posters of Grudock, calling them frauds and talking head TV stooges who didn't know football.  Time has proven me right and I hope I am proven right again with JM and Ziegler being the real deal who will be here for many years to come.  

It’s go time! I cannot wait to see what the offense is and how it performs. McDaniels is a smart guy he knows the short comings on the OL. He won’t have Carr hold onto the ball long and will get the ball in Adams,Walkers and Renfrow hands and allow them to get those YAC yards. Also the screen passes are gonna help as well. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s go time! I cannot wait to see what the offense is and how it performs. McDaniels is a smart guy he knows the short comings on the OL. He won’t have Carr hold onto the ball long and will get the ball in Adams,Walkers and Renfrow hands and allow them to get those YAC yards. Also the screen passes are gonna help as well. 

I do not think Carr will be doing any 7 step drops but to think they will just scheme the pass rush out of the game is wishful thinking.  Chargers are a top ten defense and if they can get out to an early lead they can start to dictate what we do on offense.  I think the Chargers are a legit contender and our belief that the weapons are just going to dominate could end very quickly.  If this happens early I am scared that McDaniel could panic and overpay for o-line help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think Carr will be doing any 7 step drops but to think they will just scheme the pass rush out of the game is wishful thinking.  Chargers are a top ten defense and if they can get out to an early lead they can start to dictate what we do on offense.  I think the Chargers are a legit contender and our belief that the weapons are just going to dominate could end very quickly.  If this happens early I am scared that McDaniel could panic and overpay for o-line help.

They have a ton of talent but we don't know this at all. Just like we don't know if we're a top offense. Agree on paper their rush is fierce. If we can't run the ball and establish play action or get the screen/quick game going, it'll be trouble.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They have a ton of talent but we don't know this at all. Just like we don't know if we're a top offense. Agree on paper their rush is fierce. If we can't run the ball and establish play action or get the screen/quick game going, it'll be trouble.

Yes everyone has the same record and ranking right now but they are considered a top ten defense.  With that logic I could say we are Super Bowl contenders because there is no way of knowing with certainty that we are not.

24 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes everyone has the same record and ranking right now but they are considered a top ten defense.  With that logic I could say we are Super Bowl contenders because there is no way of knowing with certainty that we are not.

A lot of that defense was there last year and they were pretty bad. They could be good, but we'll wait and see. I don't buy into paper champions. If have improved to a top 10 defense from last year, we have a very small chance of winning.

Just gonna sit back and watch this one I honestly don’t have any idea what to expect. I know San Diego will be mad still from last year. I’m more worried about our offense than defense. Oline is the weakest link on the team. Dline is a strength for sd not good matchup

• Like 3