RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Raw athleticism - Tua, 5 star recruit. Not remotely close. 

- Football IQ- tie

- Intangibles - Tua, easily. 

- Play Extension - Tua by a country mile

- Pocket Presence - Tua by a country mile. Carr’s pocket presence has never been good. Not even in college. Main reason Carr was a second round pick. 

- Anticipation Throw Skill - Tua, not even close. Carr doesn’t have this skill at all and it has always bothered me. 

Tight Window Skill- Tua, not close. Carr has never been a tight window thrower and never been good at it. Carr loves only targeting super open guys throughout both college and the NFL. Anytime he tries to fit it in a window with 1-2 defenders, it doesn’t end well a majority of the time. 

- Accuracy - Tua. Tua is one of the most accurate and talented throwers ever coming into the NFL. Carr may have a high completion % but he takes easy layup throws and only throws when guys are open. Tua’s ball placement is superb and like I said, he is the best at throwing into tight windows and tight coverage ever recorded in college football history. Right at the exact spot it needs to be, in coverage. 

At the end of the day, talented QBs go in the 1st round and lesser talented QB’s surrounded by question marks go outside the first round. Carr had tons of flaws entering the league. His good arm is why he was even drafted in the second round because he had a ton of flaws and things he needed to clean up. 

Once again, not saying Tua is the better QB. Not even close to saying that. Tua needs to prove that over a whole season. Carr is the better QB right now, no question. But talent is different than “who’s the best”. 

Rates Tua higher in 7/8 categories then concedes that Carr is still better. Something isn’t adding up here……Also, being a 5-star recruit has nothing to do with raw athleticism. Odd to even include that item there. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Baker was a number one overall pick who is more talented? him or carr?

Baker was propelled up because of Oklahoma’s scheme, although I wouldn’t say the talent gap between Baker and Carr is big. I’d give Carr the slight edge in overall talent. Raider fans always overrate Carrs talent. 

Tua wasn’t propelled up because of scheme though. 5 star recruit oozing talent and displayed all of the skills I just mentioned. 

Just now, jpaulthe1st said:

Rates Tua higher in 7/8 categories then concedes that Carr is still better. Something isn’t adding up here……

Because “best” does not mean most talented. Tua has to prove it over a year on the football field. You are ranked by how you perform. Not how talented you are. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Baker was propelled up because of Oklahoma’s scheme, although I wouldn’t say the talent gap between Baker and Carr is big. I’d give Carr the slight edge in overall talent. Raider fans always overrate Carrs talent. 

Tua wasn’t propelled up because of scheme though. 5 star recruit oozing talent and displayed all of the skills I just mentioned. 

Mark Sanchez was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

Tim Tebow was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

EJ Manuel was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

There are many more five star quarterback recruits that I could mention in here. I only mention those 3 because they also went on to be first round picks along with being five star recruits; the same standard you use for Tua here

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Mark Sanchez was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

Tim Tebow was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

EJ Manuel was a five-star recruit. was he more talented than carr?

There are many more five star quarterback recruits that I could mention in here. I only mention those 3 because they also went on to be first round picks along with being five star recruits; the same standard you use for Tua here

You are cherry picking brother. Pure cherry picking. I said 5 star recruit + showed all the talent and skills of the things I mentioned. 

Carr has never been a anticipation thrower or tight window thrower, been saying that for years and years. Two things you really need in the NFL. His velocity also takes a drastic dive when going past 25-30 yards, which I’ve also been saying for years. He also has average to terrible pocket presence depending on the game.

Carr is not a bad QB but fans have always overrated his overall talent. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You are cherry picking brother. Pure cherry picking. I said 5 star recruit + showed all the talent and skills of the things I mentioned. 

Carr has never been a anticipation thrower or tight window thrower, been saying that for years and years. Two things you really need in the NFL. His velocity also takes a drastic dive when going past 25-30 yards, which I’ve also been saying for years. He also has average to terrible pocket presence depending on the game.

Carr is not a bad QB but fans have always overrated his overall talent. 

I'm just trying to understand your perspective. You said that tool was more talented because he's a five star recruit and was a first round pick while carr wasn't a first round pick & not a five-star recruit which makes him less talented.

So in order to understand you better, I've put three examples of first round pics that were also five star recruits to see are you compare them to Derek Carr so I can ultimately see what you mean.

No cherry picking is necessary for that.