2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

On 1/2/2023 at 3:35 PM, Madmike90 said:

Talented but I am not sure where you take the risk on him given how soft he played when he though he was going to be a 1st round pick and now this...4th maybe?

I still don’t understand what the hell he’s ever done to warrant a first round pick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Boutte is likely the Pickens of this draft. Super talented, but off-field/antics might cause him to drop. Would Poles pass over him in the 2nd round too like he did Pickens?

I'm not certain he looks as good as Pickens on the field, but it's likely a moot point when we go S/CB/S/CB with our first couple picks, after Mustipher and Pringle extensions make O talent not a need early in the draft. 

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm a USC fan (born into it). Tuli would be a solid pick but I'm not sure he has the athleticism or twitch to be a difference maker. He reminds me of Uchenna Nwosu coming out: solid player who can play some special teams

His size suggests 3T but his jump in production this year was apparently on the edge? I wonder if teams look at him like he might be more fitted to be a 3-4 DE to me in the Justin Smith skill set mold than as a penetrating DT. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:42 PM, blkwdw13 said:

The interesting thing with Tuli is that the draft simulators have him going in like the 5th or 6th round.

The Illini DT is a top 5 run defender and the #2 interior Pass rusher and is currently listed as UDFA on all the sims.

EDIT: I had his stats above a bit wrong.... he's the #4 DT via PFF with top 10 marks as pass rusher and run stuffer.

Edited by Epyon

On 1/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, Madmike90 said:

Talented but I am not sure where you take the risk on him given how soft he played when he though he was going to be a 1st round pick and now this...4th maybe?

Isn't this the same conversation that was had about George Pickens?

Just now, chisoxguy7 said:

Isn't this the same conversation that was had about George Pickens?

Pickens was more talented which was why it was such a difficult one because you know he could help you so much...Boutte just seems like more of a headache and worse still all but quit on his team this year.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Pickens was more talented which was why it was such a difficult one because you know he could help you so much...Boutte just seems like more of a headache and worse still all but quit on his team this year.

How low would Boutte have to fall for you to be willing to take a chance on him given the importance of our WR adds this season? Remember before the season many if not most would’ve been fine taking him in the top 15. He has talent. A lot of it. I don’t think there’s any question about that. BUT, there have been hundreds of super talented players who flamed out quickly in the league for a whole host of reasons.

For me I’m not sure we know enough yet to answer that question (which is fine - draft isn’t for almost 4 months). Why did the effort seemingly drop significantly this year? Was he playing through an injury all season? Was he playing to not get hurt? Is there any truth to the “asked to leave LSU” rumor and, if so, why?