2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

11 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Didn't they used to have the head coach of the two worst teams with incumbent coaches?  They switched to coordinators now?

They used to take the whole coaching staffs from the worst teams unless those teams had coaching changes. Now they take coaches from a bunch of different coaching staffs. I think that just started this year. 

• Like 1

While it likely wouldn't be my pick, if the Bears drafted Gibbs in the 2nd I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. Great hands, explosive, has the speed to run away from defenders, and runs with more power than you would expect from a 200lb guy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

They used to take the whole coaching staffs from the worst teams unless those teams had coaching changes. Now they take coaches from a bunch of different coaching staffs. I think that just started this year. 

Correct - the coaching staff at the senior bowl this year will consist of a mixed group of assistant coaches throughout the league, while the east/west shrine bowl will have full coaching staffs (pats/falcons this year). they will alternate their coaching every year, so next year senior will have full staffs and east/west will have mixed coaches

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

While it likely wouldn't be my pick, if the Bears drafted Gibbs in the 2nd I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. Great hands, explosive, has the speed to run away from defenders, and runs with more power than you would expect from a 200lb guy.

every 4 or so mocks i do i grab him with an early 2nd with a pick that we get in a trade down. i think his speed/pass catching abilities would be a huge asset in this offense. could also play him in the slot with herbert on the field. 

RB seems like a luxury and i don't expect to grab a guy earlier than the 4th, but i wouldn't hate gibbs at all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

every 4 or so mocks i do i grab him with an early 2nd with a pick that we get in a trade down. i think his speed/pass catching abilities would be a huge asset in this offense. could also play him in the slot with herbert on the field. 

RB seems like a luxury and i don't expect to grab a guy earlier than the 4th, but i wouldn't hate gibbs at all

I wouldn't bet on him being the pick either, but that is one reason I am so interested with McIntosh in the mid rounds. Hopefully he makes it to our 4th. Honestly he might be a guy with the same ability in the passing game. I think his hands are actually even better than Gibbs', he just doesn't seem as explosive in the run or pass game.

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't bet on him being the pick either, but that is one reason I am so interested with McIntosh in the mid rounds. Hopefully he makes it to our 4th. Honestly he might be a guy with the same ability in the passing game. I think his hands are actually even better than Gibbs', he just doesn't seem as explosive in the run or pass game.

i really like roschon johnson as a possible day-3 rb pick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Keep in mind the Bears coached some bowl game in 2017 and they drafted Trubisky and then Shaheen. Hopefully it works out better this time

We’re in luck that neither Trubisky or Shaheen are available this draft then 

2 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

If the Bears are in love with either Will Anderson or Jalen Carter and decide to take one of them at #1 overall to ensure they get their guy, what would be the reaction here?  #1 is not traded very often.

I’d be somewhere between content and disappointed. Once it happened, there’d be no way to know if we could’ve gotten our guy with a trade down and if the guy we get is a monster, we did okay. We just have too much to gain from the imaginary package we’ve dreamed up for it. 

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

If the Bears are in love with either Will Anderson or Jalen Carter and decide to take one of them at #1 overall to ensure they get their guy, what would be the reaction here?  #1 is not traded very often.

I would be fine with it because they'd be getting a pretty high end talent at the end of the day 

Though if that happened then I think it would have more to do with a lack of a trade market developing than the team being worried they're not going to get their guy

Because out of the teams that really need to draft a QB, 2 of them are sitting in the top-4 picks so you figure Bears would still be able to get either Anderson or Carter if the furthest they hypothetically moved down was to pick #4

But again it takes two to tango. For instance the Colts could easily call the Bears bluff and sit tight at 4 knowing that only Houston would be taking a QB in front of them absent anither team behind them trading up with the Bears or Cardinals.

Or maybe a team like Colts would be content with any one of Young, Stroud or Levis? Who knows but it should be an exciting build up to the draft 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Or maybe a team like Colts would be content with any one of Young, Stroud or Levis? Who knows but it should be an exciting build up to the draft 

While possible, the likelihood they have them all with the same grade is really unlikely. HOU is one thing, but if you’re a GM under fire like Ballard, do you really want to stake your career on what isn’t your first choice? Ballard is likely in the same spot as Pace was in 2021 when he moved up for Fields. If IND sucks again next year he’s probably fired anyway, so what does he care about spending future draft capital this year? Either it works out and it’s an acceptable cost, or he’s fired and that’s the next guy’s problem.