2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is NFL.com not having their list of draft prospects with their initial grades up on their 2023 draft site a week before the combine starts irrationally frustrating anyone else? 

Yes. But in fairness, the minute that I saw that Pringle was our big get in free agency and realized that this was a tank year I have been impatiently waiting for those grades. Who's irrational...?

Justin Bieber Coffee GIF by TimHortons

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

I am very interested to see who Shane Steichen is going to bring in as an OC in Indy...we know it will be his design and he will call the plays but who he hires is going to be a pretty strong indicator of what type of scheme he is going to want to run...

The reason being...and it may just be a dream scenario...but with the Texans hiring a Shanahan tree OC in Bobby Slowik if the Colts don't look to run that style of offence it could mean they view the top QB prospect very differently...ideally to maximize the value of that 1st overall pick we would want say the Texans to value Will Levis as the best QB considering he excelled in this style of offence in 2021 and has a higher upside but for the Colts to think Young and his calm pocket passing is the top guy...if we can get from #1 to #2 and reset the top of the draft with the Colts still wanting to get up for their guy we really can make out like bandits...if Arizona then trade down with another QB needy team for say Stroud we still get any player we want at #4...just need to hope both these teams view all the QBs differently.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Bookies usually know something...I suspect the takes on Richardson are all over the place.

I think the Anthony Richardson #1 overall stuff is absurd. Dude split time with Emory Jones in 2021 who was subsequently benched in favor of a pretty underwhelming walk-on freshman at ASU in 2022. And then he completed just 53% of his passes as Florida's starter. So he’s a highly inefficient passer and inexperienced (single season starter, and not even a successful one). But hey, he can throw really far and he's fast, so let's make him the top pick in the draft out of nowhere. C’mon.

To me this is 100% draft media needing something to talk about and then the book taking advantage of suckers. Richardson wasn’t getting any significant action at +10000, but at +700 way more people will think it’s realistic. They don’t post that number all of a sudden this far into the process and have it not be a sucker bet. What changed between Thanksgiving and now? Young didn’t all of a sudden become possibly sub-6’ and under 200 lb. Why is Richardson just now the most appealing “freakishly physically talented but not actually good yet” guy instead of Levis? You’re right - the book is in tune with what teams are actually thinking, yet they missed Richardson almost entirely for like three months to the point where they were laying 100-1 odds all this time? Not buying this for a second. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think the Anthony Richardson #1 overall stuff is absurd. Dude split time with Emory Jones in 2021 who was subsequently benched in favor of a pretty underwhelming walk-on freshman at ASU in 2022. And then he completed just 53% of his passes as Florida's starter. So he’s a highly inefficient passer and inexperienced (single season starter, and not even a successful one). But hey, he can throw really far and he's fast, so let's make him the top pick in the draft out of nowhere. C’mon.

To me this is 100% draft media needing something to talk about and then the book taking advantage of suckers. Richardson wasn’t getting any significant action at +10000, but at +700 way more people will think it’s realistic. They don’t post that number all of a sudden this far into the process and have it not be a sucker bet. What changed between Thanksgiving and now? Young didn’t all of a sudden become possibly sub-6’ and under 200 lb. Why is Richardson just now the most appealing “freakishly physically talented but not actually good yet” guy instead of Levis? You’re right - the book is in tune with what teams are actually thinking, yet they missed Richardson almost entirely for like three months to the point where they were laying 100-1 odds all this time? Not buying this for a second. 

As a Gator fan, Richardson is half the QB Trask was. People are hoping this is Allen 2.0 but Allen's tools were significantly better to begin with. I feel like this is just a trap to have bettors suckered into sinking money in a zero chance bet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I completely agree…but very rarely are bookies so far off the mark…as Jon Gruden always says the ego of a coach to think he can be the one to squeeze every ounce of talent out of a prospect is a powerful thing in a draft room…I don’t think for a second he actually gets picked #1 overall but I can guarantee you there are coaches out there who put on the Utah game and they they can get him playing like that week on week out.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

As a Gator fan, Richardson is half the QB Trask was. People are hoping this is Allen 2.0 but Allen's tools were significantly better to begin with. I feel like this is just a trap to have bettors suckered into sinking money in a zero chance bet. 

Yep, that was what I assumed when I saw it. That they were just trying to bait bettors into thinking they know something the bettors don’t. And it’ll work for them. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This really doesn't shock me...also wouldn't shock me if we were one of those teams.

It’s been fringe me for a while. I’ve been super high on Wilson but don’t want to deny Anderson in case what I’m missing with him is my own shortsightedness 

14 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s been fringe me for a while. I’ve been super high on Wilson but don’t want to deny Anderson in case what I’m missing with him is my own shortsightedness 

I floated the idea a while back that Wilson could be viewed higher by NFL teams…and especially 4-3 teams…a while back…I guess it’s sorta like the Skoronski argument for me…where is the growth potential for Anderson if he measures in day 6-2’1/2” 245lbs combated to Wilson at 6-6” 275lbs with reported 36” arms? It’s why Trevon Walker when before Aidan Hutchinson and those two are clearly a closer physical match but you then fact in Walkers testing and that only adds to the argument for him…could Wilson test better than Anderson? Very possibly…I think Anderson is great but to get the best from him it needs to be in a 3-4 IMO and as we saw with Roquan last year scheme can be everything where as Wilson seems to have the physical traits to do so many different things from OLB to DE to 5T to even a 3T on passing downs…that will without doubt be taken into consideration.

• Like 1