Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

59 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Pick one for tonight PPR 

Hunt vs Steelers 

D Johnson @ Browns 

Judging by the game script, it seems to be a Nick Chubb game. But trying to predict when hunt goes off is frustrating, and that’s why I try and stay away from him as long as Chubb is around. 

Diontae has 22 targets, IIRC, over 2 games, which is kinda bonkers. It hasn’t turned into anything spectacular yet, but he’s shown what his floor is already. 

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Judging by the game script, it seems to be a Nick Chubb game. But trying to predict when hunt goes off is frustrating, and that’s why I try and stay away from him as long as Chubb is around. 

Diontae has 22 targets, IIRC, over 2 games, which is kinda bonkers. It hasn’t turned into anything spectacular yet, but he’s shown what his floor is already. 

I just wish Pickett was starting. What’s your thoughts on my defensive situation? 

Pittsburgh tonight or Pats vs Ravens? 

I know what all the lists say but I just have this feeling I should start the Pats D

I need to pick up a defense. 

Kansas City at IND

Atlanta at SEA

New York (G) vs Dallas

Houston at CHI

Or I could possibly wait until Saturday when Denver's D gets off waivers, they play SF

I've been streaming D's the past 2 weeks. Going to drop Jordan  Mason to pick one up. 

Edited by Tommy_C

24 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I really like Kirk Cousins matchup this week, but I also have Dalvin Cook and hate the thought of relying on the Vikings offense so much in kind of a must win game for me (0-2 start). 

So who would you start this week?

Tom Brady vs Green Bay
Kirk Cousins vs Detroit
Jared Goff @ Minnesota 

Brady is without Evans and Godwin. Lenny should eat.

Kirk has Jetta to throw to and it should be a shoot out. 

Goff is a solid stream with how good the Lions offense has looked.

Honestly its between Kirk and Goff, I'd go Kirk. Home vs Detroit after they got embarrassed by GB. I have a feeling O'Connell is gonna have them throwing all over the place. Might even be able to get a Kirk/Cook stack TD. 

2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I just wish Pickett was starting. What’s your thoughts on my defensive situation? 

Pittsburgh tonight or Pats vs Ravens? 

I know what all the lists say but I just have this feeling I should start the Pats D

Id probably roll with the Steelers.

With D/ST youre just hoping for turnovers, and sacks, pretty much. Ravens have a high powered offense, and could see them putting up some points on the Patriots defense.

But if your gut tells you the Pats D, go with them.

Edited by mattyice0401

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

I need to pick up a defense. 

Kansas City at IND

Atlanta at SEA

New York (G) vs Dallas

Houston at CHI

Or I could possibly wait until Saturday when Denver's D gets off waivers, they play SF

I've been streaming D's the past 2 weeks. Going to drop Jordan  Mason to pick one up. 

Just go with a low scoring game, a D/ST that you think who will produce some sacks and turnovers. Right off the bat, Id go with KC or ATL probably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Kyler vs Rams

or

Jimmy G @ DEN

Leaning Kyler now, but without Nuk, it makes me even more nervous. This is also why i dislike carrying 2 QBs. Limits potential mistakes.

Is this a serious question? Kyler… doesn’t matter who the defense is. Rushing QB vs a Non-Rushing QB and Non-Premium Passer. Kyler is nearly an auto start every week. Him, Hurts, Allen, Lamar, Herbert, and Mahomes are the six auto starts this season. 

48 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Is this a serious question? Kyler… doesn’t matter who the defense is. Rushing QB vs a Non-Rushing QB and Non-Premium Passer. Kyler is nearly an auto start every week. Him, Hurts, Allen, Lamar, Herbert, and Mahomes are the six auto starts this season. 

I agree. Jimmy G will be a good bye week filler but kyler is a set it and forget it

That being said, I picked up Tua and I'm giving wilson one more chance to put up decent numbers or Tua might ge the nod next week.

Just now, Tommy_C said:

I agree. Jimmy G will be a good bye week filler but kyler is a set it and forget it

That being said, I picked up Tua and I'm giving wilson one more chance to put up decent numbers or Tua might ge the nod next week.

I mean maybe if it’s a premium passer like Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, etc but sitting Kyler for Jimmy G? Never. I don’t care what the matchups are. That’s pure overthinking.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This aint the same Kyler as years past, hes protecting himself a lot more then in years past, It seems like hes trying to be alot more of a pocket passer, so he can be healthy all 17 games. Joe Burrow has more rushing yards than Kyler Murray. Jacoby Brissett has 3 less yards rushing than Kyler, Daniel Jones has 11 less yards than Kyler. He hasnt done squat both weeks until it was garbage time. After the first half, last week, Kyler, had like .03 fantasy points, against the Raiders. Kyler didnt get his first TD, in week 1, until the 4th quarter when it was, surprise, garbage time. So yes, it was a serious question..............

Edited by mattyice0401

58 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

I'm betting on the BUF Defense making the Dolphins look terrible. 
I'm sure this is the week my heavy hitters finally take off !!! (Deebo, D.Cook and Scary Terry)

Jimmy being in for Deebo is a good thing. Dalvin Cook should see some heavy work this week, after only getting 6 carries, IIRC, last week against the Eagles.

Keep an eye on the injury report, last time I checked both Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer werent practicing because of various injuries.

• Like 1