Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

51 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

Am I crazy for wanting to start Antonio Gibson over Kamara this week based on matchups? 

No. 

I don't have any shares of Kamara....I'm willing to buy the dip if I can get him on the cheap, but if I had him, I'd be a little skittish on playing him right now. Very similar to how I felt about Barkley last year when I think you basically just had to sit him and miss a good game from him before you develop any faith in him. 

Kamara has a rib issue right now, and frankly, the days of him catching 80 passes under Drew Brees are dust. I think a much more reasonable expectation with Winston is probably 50 passes, especially since they dont' have to run him out of the slot any more with the receiver upgrade. I just don't think that Kamara is as big a piece of the offense as he has needed to be in the past. 

• Like 2

Need some RB2 help (Barkley is my RB1 and Waddle is my Flex)

Do I stay rolling with Zeke or go with Miles Sanders?

Both have question marks but I'm leaning Sanders because that run game is so good in Philly and Zeke has Cooper Rush and will see 9 in the box consistently 

5 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Both have question marks but I'm leaning Sanders because that run game is so good in Philly and Zeke has Cooper Rush and will see 9 in the box consistently 

I wouldn't trust that run game in Philly yet.  The Lions D LIne and LBs are some of the worst in the league so I expect some fall off going forward.  Given the matchup it is probably safe to start Sanders over Zeke but also Zeke was still productive the last time Dak got hurt and is still a low end RB2 IMO.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wouldn't trust that run game in Philly yet.  The Lions D LIne and LBs are some of the worst in the league so I expect some fall off going forward.  Given the matchup it is probably safe to start Sanders over Zeke but also Zeke was still productive the last time Dak got hurt and is still a low end RB2 IMO.  

Thanks I think Dallas might lean on Zeke for the next few weeks, 

On 9/14/2022 at 7:23 AM, Tommy_C said:

Really depends on how you feel about Cooper Rush

When Dak missed time in 2020, Zeke played in 10 games. 615 yards, 1 td, less than 4 yards per carry. 28 catches, 165 yards, 1 td.  In a full ppr league, 

He had two pretty good games against Minnesota and Philly yardage wise (each over 100 yards) but he only hit 75 yards in one other and over 50 yards in two others. So half of those games, he rushed for 50 yards or less. But overall, he averaged roughly 11.8 point per game in a full ppr league, though it was a little inconsistent. 

I'm not sure if he's in a better scenario here - the previous QB was Andy Dalton, Zeke was 2 years younger than he is now, he's missing two offensive linemen, etc...but he looked good against Tampa. 5.2 ypc is not joke against that front even though the sample size was very limited (10 carries). 

I actually was somewhat bullish on Sanders coming into the year just because I figured he was due for some TD regression, but he's not going to get 7 yards a carry every week. He only played 52% of the offensive snaps, which is a slight downtick from Zeke, though some of that was likely due to the nature of the Bucs / Dallas game. They both ran the same amount of routes. 

Honestly, I think that these two are basically interchangeable for right now and you're probably going to be playing based on matchups and hoping that you get it right. I'd probably lean Zeke more to start with just because of the track record. 

• Like 2

Choose 3 outta this group. PPR league

JuJu vs LAC

Allen Robinson vs ATL

Diontae Johnson vs NEP

Antonio Gibson @ DET

Right now Im leaning Gibson, JuJu, and Robinson. I think McVay will do his best to try and scheme Robinson some touches.

Edited by mattyice0401

20 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Will def try to sell him before week 4/5 as I have CMC as RB 1, but for this week I'm thinking Gibson vs the Lions over Kamara against a stout Bucs run D since Winston doesn't seem to involve him in the pass game too much, but everyone is telling me to start Kamara against my own judgement. I am confusion lol

hConfused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Under normal circumstances Kamara without hesitation. However he was limited in practice today with that rib injury so it’s hard to say for sure how much he will get utilized this week even if he does play. I’d start Gibson this week and Kamara the rest of the year assuming both are healthy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Choose 3 outta this group. PPR league

JuJu vs LAC

Allen Robinson vs ATL

Diontae Johnson vs NEP

Antonio Gibson @ DET

Right now Im leaning Gibson, JuJu, and Robinson. I think McVay will do his best to try and scheme Robinson some touches.

I'd definitely start JuJu and Gibson for sure. I might lean with Diontae Johnson as the third player though because last week basically cemented that he's still the guy for the Steelers (12 targets) and I think Trubisky will be decent enough for him to be productive in fantasy. The Falcons have one of the better CB duos in the league and ARob showed nothing last week.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In my super flex I have to pick two flexes between: 

• Julio Jones vs Saints

• Allen Robinson vs Falcons

• Chase Edmonds vs Ravens

• Devin Singletary vs Titans

• Darnell Mooney vs Packers

• Elijah Moore vs Browns 

All brutal matchups outside of ARob… although ARob scares me. I think you have to start ARob and hope for the best. 

I think the Packers will be a little better with their pass D this week. 

Ravens are my RB no no zone. 

I would probably go Elijah Moore, even with the tough matchup. Just because I think he is gonna have a great season. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

All brutal matchups outside of ARob… although ARob scares me. I think you have to start ARob and hope for the best. 

I think the Packers will be a little better with their pass D this week. 

Ravens are my RB no no zone. 

I would probably go Elijah Moore, even with the tough matchup. Just because I think he is gonna have a great season. 

I wish I would've gotten Saquan in this league as well, have him in my other two. But it's a superflex with 6 point passing TD so being able to land Herbert and Allen at the 1/2 turn was impossible to pass up.

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In my super flex I have to pick two flexes between: 

• Julio Jones vs Saints

• Allen Robinson vs Falcons

• Chase Edmonds vs Ravens

• Devin Singletary vs Titans

• Darnell Mooney vs Packers

• Elijah Moore vs Browns 

Given Lattimore's dominance of Mike Evans in the past, and the fact that Godwin shouldn't be playing, I think I'd roll with Julio. You are of course banking on him not having to leave that game early. 

Give me Moore on the second slot. Week one wasn't great, but he still ran a route on over 90% of his snaps. 

I'm worried about ARob again. I know that Michael Thomas got him a couple of times, but with Kupp spending a lot of time in teh slot, I think AJ Terrell ends up on Arob a lot, and I don't have the confidence in Arob right now that he can win that matchup. 

• Like 1