----------------------------------------------------------------

5. Cowboys (8-3): Colts, Texans, @ Jaguars, Eagles, @ Titans, @ Commanders

6. Giants (7-4): Commanders, Eagles, @ Commanders, @ Vikings, Colts, @ Eagles

7. Commanders (7-5): @ Giants, BYE, Giants, @ 49ers, Browns, Cowboys

8. Seahawks (6-5): @ Rams, Panthers, 49ers, @ Chiefs, Jets, Rams

9. Falcons (5-7): Steelers, BYE, @ Saints, @ Baltimore, Cardinals, Buccaneers

• Like 4

I'd be surprised if the Falcons made the playoffs, but they do hold the tiebreaker vs. the Seahawks.  However, they do not against the Commanders, so they'd have an uphill road to get there.

The Seahawks hold the tiebreaker over the Giants.  

The Giants and Commanders play each other twice in the next 3 weeks (the Giants are actually the Commanders opponents their next 2 games as they have a bye in-between), so we'll have a better idea of how it's going to shake out after that, since we may know which one will have pretty much locked up their spot then (especially since the Giants have the Eagles in between their games with the Commanders).  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd be surprised if the Falcons made the playoffs, but they do hold the tiebreaker vs. the Seahawks.  However, they do not against the Commanders, so they'd have an uphill road to get there.

I added them solely because they're still in it for the NFCS division. I don't think any NFCS team will be a wild card.

12 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I added them solely because they're still in it for the NFCS division. I don't think any NFCS team will be a wild card.

I don't even really consider them a threat for the NFCS title.  At worst, the Bucs will split with the Falcons, and they already have a 1.5 game lead in the division records and a huge advantage in the conference record.  The Bucs may have only a half-game advantage now, but there's little chance they lose that division.  The Panthers have a better shot at winning that division than the Falcons do.  

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Games in bold are against current playoff teams

1. Eagles (10-1): Titans, @ Giants, @ Bears, @ Dallas, Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (9-2): Jets, @ Lions, Colts, Giants, @ Packers, @ Bears

3. 49ers (7-4): Miami, Buccaneers, @ Seahawks, Commanders, @ Raiders, Cardinals

4. Buccaneers (5-6): Saints, @ 49ers, Bengals, @ Cardinals, Panthers, @ Falcons

5. Cowboys (8-3): Colts, Texans, @ Jaguars, Eagles, @ Titans, @ Commanders

6. Giants (7-4): Commanders, Eagles, @ Commanders, @ Vikings, Colts, @ Eagles

7. Commanders (7-5): @ Giants, BYE, Giants, @ 49ers, Browns, Cowboys

8. Seahawks (6-5): @ Rams, Panthers, 49ers, @ Chiefs, Jets, Rams

9. Falcons (5-7): Steelers, BYE, @ Saints, @ Baltimore, Cardinals, Buccaneers

nicely done, my man, you're such an organized dude.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't even really consider them a threat for the NFCS title.  At worst, the Bucs will split with the Falcons, and they already have a 1.5 game lead in the division records and a huge advantage in the conference record.  The Bucs may have only a half-game advantage now, but there's little chance they lose that division.  The Panthers have a better shot at winning that division than the Falcons do.  

Fair enough. Either way the NFCS is very likely only sending one team to the dance.

17 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

is there a way all four teams of the NFC East could qualify? or since they play each other so many times still, will that knock someone out?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/401437963~2~401437933~2~401437926~2

This would put all 4 NFC East teams in the playoffs. With so many weeks left there are a lot of possibilities.

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

is there a way all four teams of the NFC East could qualify? or since they play each other so many times still, will that knock someone out?

I love the fact the Eagles are playing the rest of the east once more . . . Meanwhile the Vikes go on the road to face each of the North squads.   

Unless the Vikes pass D tightens up, and the run D improves a bit, this team could make an early exit from the playoffs.   However, my faith runs deep . . . So, it'll be exciting to see a healthy Vikes team run the table.

I see the NFC East putting four team in with Dallas overtaking the Eagles at the #2 slot, winning tie breakers , both with 14-3 records.  The only competition to the Commanders an Giants are the Seahawks and ??? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Odds of winning Super Bowl, according to 538.com:

KC - 23%
DAL - 15%
PHI - 14%
BUFF - 12%
SF - 8%
MINN - 6%
BALT - 4%
TENN - 4%
MIA - 4%
CIN - 4%
TB - 1%

Or like I had to point out to our fake friend Gerby...higher than the chances that the Packers make the playoffs at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This can't be true and I saw him take some heat on this post. There is still too much to play out. Am I missing something?

Both teams have identical conference records (6-2). Each team plays 4 conference games and 2 non-conference games to finish the season.

Would our magic number for clinching the #2 seed be any combination of 4 Vikings wins/49ers losses?

2. Vikings (9-2): Jets, @ Lions, Colts, Giants, @ Packers, @ Bears

3. 49ers (7-4): Miami, Buccaneers, @ Seahawks, Commanders, @ Raiders, Cardinals

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

This can't be true and I saw him take some heat on this post. There is still too much to play out. Am I missing something?

Both teams have identical conference records (6-2). Each team plays 4 conference games and 2 non-conference games to finish the season.

Would our magic number for clinching the #2 seed be any combination of 4 Vikings wins/49ers losses?

2. Vikings (9-2): Jets, @ Lions, Colts, Giants, @ Packers, @ Bears

3. 49ers (7-4): Miami, Buccaneers, @ Seahawks, Commanders, @ Raiders, Cardinals

The only way the 49ers and Vikings would end up with the same conference record and overall record is if the Vikings were to lose to both the Jets and Colts and the 49ers win out.  Otherwise, there will likely be differences because the Vikings have a 2-game lead over them right now as they've already played the same number of in-conference and out-of-conference games.  

I can't go over every scenario where they'd have the same record, but I do think that it may likely give the 49ers the advantage because 2 of the 49ers losses already have come against AFC opponents, whereas the Vikings have not lost to an AFC opponent yet, so that's left to be determined.  So, if the Vikings finish undefeated to the AFC, but lose enough games to NFC opponents to where the 49ers equal them up, then the 49ers would have the better conference record.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1