Hot takes for the 2022-2023 season?

ClutchDJ

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

One of the worst in history might be a stretch, but I really don't see any reason it being Lovie's defense is a positive, anymore. Lovie has coached 3 NFL defenses since leaving the Bears, and they've ranked 25th, 26th, and 27th in scoring D. In his five year stint in college, his defenses ranked 94th, 91st, 124th, 54th, and 97th in scoring D. Now, Illinois is no juggernaut, but they were 38th the year before Lovie arrived, and 29th the year after he left. Not as stark a difference, but Tampa was also ranked higher before he arrived, and higher after he left.

Lovie was a fantastic defensive coach for that stretch of time in the NFL where the Tampa 2 reigned supreme. Since then, though, he's kind of led nothing but crappy defenses for the last decade. A good coach that can't evolve can honestly be just as bad as an actually bad coach.

As a Bears fan, I concur.  I love Lovie and he will always have a place in my heart but he is looking more like another coach who is so stuck in his ways and can't adapt with the times.

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

A good hot take should still have logic behind it. A prediction without backing isn't a hot take, it's just a bad prediction. Even Skip Bayless has to pretend to defend his bad takes.

Mahomes will be traded to the Steelers for Mason Rudolph and Devin Bush.

Logic:   .........

King Of The Hill Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

28 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Steelers will have a winning record and may even sneak in as a 7-seed again. 

Thing is, as annoyingly inconsistent as the Tomlin coached Steelers are when they are overhyped, they tend to overachieve when they are overlooked.   Look at 2019 when the Steelers had Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges as their QBs all year and still managed 8-8 and almost made the playoffs.

The AFC has gotten much better since then so its a little different, but I still wouldnt be shocked to see the Steelers do slightly better than most predict.   And in reality, Id kinda like to see this team finish with only 4 or 5 wins rather than push for playoffs we have zero chance of competing in.    We need a shot at getting a blue chip rookie next year, especially on OL.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Beat you to that punch

Buffalo is the single most overrated team in the league.

The Bills are ever so slightly overrated but their creampuff schedule will hide it for another year, at least.  I agree with most of your other takes.

In addition:  Cinci will be exposed, largely by schedule makers.  

Philly isn't overrated;  they're chokers.  (A subtle distinction, but one their fans understand all too well.)

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Trolling? Might be one of the worst D’s in history. Wouldn’t be shocked with a Top 12-16 Offense though. 

Somebody didn't read the assignment...

14 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

What are some hot takes you have for the upcoming season?

You're also vastly overselling the Texans O. Davis Mills isn't good.