GTD: Week 1 vs 49ers (Regime Debut -- Rebuilding the Tower Begins) AKA Capt Trey Lance Debate

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

i'm not. seems like the team went 2 offense and 2 defense. JF1 is the obvious choice, but CW65 has been with the team longer, a probowler, and has a captains voice among a young offensive line. i'd rather do this than what some of the other teams are doing - some of them are at 9 or 10 total captains

Agreed. Plus, all reports were that this was done through a team vote. For us to question their own choices for who they see as their leaders would be more than a little bit foolish.

If I was a betting man:

I like the Bears at home getting the 7.

I would put a little on money line +260 or +300 for Bears to win as well.  

But betting in general is stupid so I advise against it entirely.  

I used to take books in college.  Trust me on this.

Clicking around net looking for a professional thought out game preview and finding nothing but last years stats side by side.

Reporters suck.  We do better here.

I think the middle of 49ers OL is suspect.   Their OL is getting a lot of credit on strength of their LT and his PFF numbers.

I think their starting QB is suspect.  I think he can be rattled if things don't go well early.  

I think SF main advantage lies in their defensive front 7 and their WRs, primarily Deebo.   

Their other main advantage is Shanahan knows how to defend this scheme.

He has consistently beat and been the recent bane of the Green Bay Packers super bowl hopes by shutting down their big scoring O when it matters.  That is concerning when you figure we are neophytes at same scheme.  

But players read media too.   Everyone thinks the Bears suck.  Our guys are not going to be happy to have read that for 6 months. 

SF has not been practicing like Bears have.  With physicality.  They have been practicing not to get hurt and to be fresh for season.  

I think this gives us an intensity advantage for game 1.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bears shocked the world on opening day with a giant upset as -7 point dogs.    A lot will depend on how Oline holds up against that front.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Practiced yesterday, didn't today. He's a Bear so I want him to work out but man like you said definitely trending in the wrong direction

I more meant all training camp also if he practiced more than two days in a row.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Kept out of Wed practice too. 

Looks like the O/U dropped from 41 down to 40.5 since this news was released, which seems like a low drop to me seeing how important he is in Shanny's offense.

It seems like there's less faith in the Bears defense against TEs this year than I thought. 

But then again, this is Mon and Wed practice reports. Friday reports are what matters most. If players are injured on Friday then chances their expected to either miss Sunday game or be very limited--with certain exclusions notwithstanding.