Week 1 GDT: Broncos at Seahawks

broncos_fan _from _uk

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Man it’s nice to have a QB who can improv. Dropback has been rough but Russ can still create on his own and extend drives on dead plays. 

And that play to Sutton, he was disciplined enough to extend the play but NOT get out of the pocket.   

Frankly, it sucks to be down 17-13, but consider this:

-3-4 missed tackles

-7 penalties in the 1H

-Absolute blown assignment on the 1st TD.

What I want to see this 2H:

-PS2 playing Metcalf mano a mano.  He beats him, he beats him.

-Stop with the cuteness of Browning / Chubb / Gregory in coverage.  GET.  AFTER.  THE.  QB.

-More outside runs and inside runs to keep SEA D honest, but boundary runs are where SEA is weak (not up the middle).

That was 50% rust, and 50% not being ready (rust is only an excuse that goes so far).

I feel…okay with where we’re at. Special teams being a dud on coverage units and almost getting their one punt blocked drives me crazy.

Defense has been brutal but a lot of it is the penalties, three of which were 15+ yards and more than questionable. There’s a world where they have like 6 points and we feel good. 

We clearly have the best QB and play caller combination in a looooong time and they’ve kept us in this game.  Let’s see if Evero can make adjustments and Russ can make some magic one last time in Seattle. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I feel…okay with where we’re at. Special teams being a dud on coverage units and almost getting their one punt blocked drives me crazy.

Defense has been brutal but a lot of it is the penalties, threw of which were major and more than questionable. There’s a world where they have like 6 points and we feel good. 

We clearly have the best QB and play caller combination in a looooong time and they’ve kept us in this game. 

To be fair, though, Russ' TD was underthrown (Jeudy absolutely saved him), and he should have been picked 2x (but Jamal Adams can't catch - hit his face, lol) and Quandre Diggs channelled his inner Adams.

Still, I actually attribute it all to nerves and being amped in his return.   With the 1H in the bag, and us getting the ball back, ideally we drive & score, and then we get down to business.  

Edited by Broncofan

Definite rust but the offense is moving the ball decently well and after about 8 years of three and outs it’s nice to see 

No pass rush and like @Broncofan said they need to rush the pass rushers and not use them in coverage.  Making Geno look like Mahomes 

I think the penalties are a concern if they stick around, for now I’m willing to lay the blame on new coach and scheme along with little playing time.   The taunting one I didn’t like at all as far as a call goes 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Man it’s nice to have a QB who can improv. Dropback has been rough but Russ can still create on his own and extend drives on dead plays. 

Improv? You mean run dance around in the pocket before getting sacked? No one around here us going to follow his instagram or whatever TF if he keeps playing like s***. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Improv? You mean run dance around in the pocket before getting sacked? No one around here us going to follow his instagram or whatever TF if he keeps playing like s***. 

He’s only been sacked twice and maybe the reads are there and he’s not pulling the trigger but extending a play isn’t a bad thing 

• Like 1

Just now, broncofan48 said:

He’s only been sacked twice and maybe the reads are there and he’s not pulling the trigger but extending a play isn’t a bad thing 

Honestly fault Wilson for the 2 throws that should have been picked.   And he did get bailed out by Jeudy bigtime on the TD.    

But otherwise....it's good to have a legit QB on the team.   And realizing the context (returning home, trailing each drive, no actual game reps the entire preseason - I think Hackett will have to reconsider that next year given this 1H performance lol).     Deep breath.

Driving here and scoring would be pretty sweet.  Come on LFG!