Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

With the signing of Sutton and Mosley, I don't know if the Lions would address CB this early in the draft. I like Gonzalez a lot but it now opens up other positions are larger positions of need. I'd probably consider Tyree Wilson here instead. 

We absolutely need interior DL help. Kancey is a good player and does help to address a big need. I'd like if he was a bit bigger but it is what it is. 

I can't really take issue here. I'd like to address the OL long term. Vaitai isn't it. I'm probably more in favour of Schmitz out of Minnesota with the OG/OC flexibility but I like the addition overall. 

I want nothing to do with Hendon Hooker for the Lions. He was a really good college player and seems like a great guy. He's coming off a major injury and he's going to be 26 years old as a rookie. Not a lot of players have a long, successful playing career when they have to redshirt their rookie year due to injury. 

I'd take Emmanuel Forbes here. He has elite level ball skills. He's light but you can work on that a bit. 

This could go several different ways. Battle would be a nice addition to the S room and is a versatile guy; Overshown could be a LB target; Tucker at RB or Kuntz at TE could also be nice additions. 

For Gonzalez, this was done before FA. That being said, Mosley is on a one year deal. And I'm a Steelers fan. As great as Sutton is, he's a very useful player, but he's not a #1 guy. He's a versatile nickel who can play outside in a pinch. I don't really feel like those two should stop you from taking a CB like Gonzalez if the team wants him. I think they stop you from forcing the CB pick at 6 but if Gonzalez is the BPA I think you still take him there.

Thanks for providing some other options/needs for the Lions, I'll absolutely keep those in mind for the next edition.

42 minutes ago, rackcs said:

For Gonzalez, this was done before FA. That being said, Mosley is on a one year deal. And I'm a Steelers fan. As great as Sutton is, he's a very useful player, but he's not a #1 guy. He's a versatile nickel who can play outside in a pinch. I don't really feel like those two should stop you from taking a CB like Gonzalez if the team wants him. I think they stop you from forcing the CB pick at 6 but if Gonzalez is the BPA I think you still take him there.

Thanks for providing some other options/needs for the Lions, I'll absolutely keep those in mind for the next edition.

For sure - I can understand that. This is a ton of work, so kudos to you amigo.

Mosley and Sutton give you two veteran starters. Jerry Jacobs is a capable starter in his own right. Jeff Okudah is going to need to prove himself but I think he'll be given an opportunity to potentially start. Adding in a guy like Forbes gives you that developmental guy that could arguably battle and win a starting role. What CG does offer that none of these other guys do, is excellent size. So that's certainly something to consider. 

Jack Campbell is someone that I absolutely want on the Lions, however I don't think you can take him at 18 and you have him going at 32. If he's there at 48, I'd take him in a heartbeat. It's a bit trickier though because we did re-sign Anzalone to a 3 year deal. Even if you want to call it a 2 year deal + an 3rd year option, he's going to be one of your starters for the next 1-2 years. I don't think you're drafting a LB in round 2 if you're not planning to start him right away. 

• Like 1

Let me start by saying I absolutely love this draft for the Titans.  Automatic turnaround for the offense with Johnson, Torrence, and Tillman all added.

That said, Paris Johnson at 11 is no longer the sure thing it once was.  If Titans see Andre Dillard as a left tackle, then they just gave him starting left tackle money.  I'd still be down with taking Paris myself, and just plugging him on the right side, but if JSN is as highly rated on their big boards as others, then he might be the pick there.

But Dillard may be a guard, or a right tackle.  Dunno.  Still a great pick, just something to keep in mind going forward.

Other two picks are great.  Multiple spots on the OL need filling, including RG and Torrence is a great RG prospect.  Tillman is one of the most underrated receivers in the class IMO.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 8:36 AM, rackcs said:

31 Kansas City Chiefs Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

63 Kansas City Chiefs Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
95 Kansas City Chiefs Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn

Not bad. Not great. 

Signing Taylor moves OT down the priority list. Wright is solid value I would lean to Edge or DT.
TE is a position that they are looking to improve but Felix Anudike-Uzomah is on the board.
Hall is OK. It's too bad they miss on Kraft.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the formatting, nice work.

I wouldn't mind Branch but Bresee should be in play as well. 

CB is still a need even with the Byron Murphy signing (I know you did this before FA). Ricks or Phillips III are good picks. Derick Hall would be intriguing as well. Flores was raving about him from the sounds of it.

• Like 1

NFL Mock 8.0

We are officially less than a month away from the actual NFL draft. As the dust from FA settles, I decided to do an end of the month mock. There are still some potential big moves on the horizon, particularly in regards to quarterbacks (Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson) that would shake things up a lot, but this is all just based on rosters as they are now. I expect I'll do another mock early-mid April and then a final 7 round mock right before the draft. That's the plan anyways.

As always, please feel free to leave constructive feedback. I learn a lot about team needs from your comments and I always appreciate the opportunity to have a dialogue about prospects, team fits and needs, and just draft talk in general. Please keep in mind that I'm not an expert on every team so if you think I'm wildly off base for your team, just let me know and I'll keep it in mind going forward.

Round 1  
  Team Pick
1 Carolina Panthers (from Chicago) C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State
2 Houston Texans Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
3 Arizona Cardinals Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
4 Indianapolis Colts Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
5 Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
6 Detroit Lions (from LA Rams) Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
7 Las Vegas Raiders Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
8 Atlanta Falcons Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
9 Chicago Bears (from Carolina) Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
10 Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
11 Tennessee Titans Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
12 Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
13 New York Jets Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
14 New England Patriots Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
15 Green Bay Packers Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
16 Washington Commanders Peter Skoronski, OL, Northwestern
17 Pittsburgh Steelers Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
18 Detroit Lions Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
20 Seattle Seahawks Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
21 Los Angeles Chargers Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
22 Baltimore Ravens Jordan Addison, WR, USC
23 Minnesota Vikings Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
24 Jacksonville Jaguars Brian Branch, DB, Alabama
25 New York Giants Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
26 Dallas Cowboys Calijah Kancey, INT, Pittsburgh
27 Buffalo Bills Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
28 Cincinnati Bengals Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
29 New Orleans Saints (from San Francisco) BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
30 Philadelphia Eagles Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
31 Kansas City Chiefs Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

Round 2  
  Team Pick
32 Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chicago) Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
33 Houston Texans Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
34 Arizona Cardinals Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
35 Indianapolis Colts O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
36 Los Angeles Rams Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
37 Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
38 Las Vegas Raiders Adetomiwa Adebawore, DL, Northwestern
39 Carolina Panthers Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
40 New Orleans Saints Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
41 Tennessee Titans Cody Mauch, OG, North Dakota State
42 New York Jets (from Cleveland) Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
43 New York Jets Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
44 Atlanta Falcons Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
45 Green Bay Packers Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
46 New England Patriots Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
47 Washington Commanders Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
48 Detroit Lions Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
49 Pittsburgh Steelers Mazi Smith, INT, Michigan
50 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida
51 Miami Dolphins Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
52 Seattle Seahawks Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin
53 Chicago Bears (from Baltimore) Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech
54 Los Angeles Chargers Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
55 Detroit Lions (from Minnesota) Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
56 Jacksonville Jaguars Tuli Tuipulotu, EDGE, USC
57 New York Giants John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
58 Dallas Cowboys Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor
59 Buffalo Bills Daiyan Henley, LB, Washington State
60 Cincinnati Bengals Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
61 Chicago Bears (from San Francisco) Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
62 Philadelphia Eagles Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
63 Kansas City Chiefs Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State

Round 3  
  Team Pick
64 Chicago Bears Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
65 Houston Texans Keeanu Benton, INT, Wisconsin
66 Arizona Cardinals Steve Avila, OL, TCU
67 Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis) JL Skinner, S, Boise State
68 Denver Broncos Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
69 Los Angeles Rams DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
70 Las Vegas Raiders Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
71 New Orleans Saints Zacch Pickens, INT, South Carolina
72 Tennessee Titans Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
73 Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Alex Forsyth, C, Oregon
74 Cleveland Browns (from NY Jets) Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn
75 Atlanta Falcons Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
76 New England Patriots (from Carolina) Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
77 Los Angeles Rams (from New England) Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
78 Green Bay Packers Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
79 Indianapolis Colts (from Washington) Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford
80 Pittsburgh Steelers Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
81 Detroit Lions Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinnati
82 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee
83 Seattle Seahawks Owen Pappoe, LB, Auburn
84 Miami Dolphins Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
85 Los Angeles Chargers Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
86 Baltimore Ravens Riley Moss, CB, Iowa
87 Minnesota Vikings A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest
88 Jacksonville Jaguars Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
89 New York Giants DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
90 Dallas Cowboys Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
91 Buffalo Bills Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
92 Cincinnati Bengals Sydney Brown, S, Illinois
93 Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Dylan Horton, EDGE, TCU
94 Philadelphia Eagles Jartavius Martin, S, Illinois
95 Kansas City Chiefs Tank Dell, WR, Houston
96 Arizona Cardinals Jaquelin Roy, INT, LSU
97 Washington Commanders Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
98 Cleveland Browns Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama
99 San Francisco 49ers Isaiah McGuire, EDGE, Missouri
100 Las Vegas Raiders (from Kansas City) Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane
101 San Francisco 49ers Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
102 San Francisco 49ers Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan

Round 4  
  Team Pick
103 Chicago Bears Byron Young, INT, Alabama
104 Houston Texans Will Mallory, TE, Miami
105 Arizona Cardinals Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
106 Indianapolis Colts Rakim Jarrett, WR, Maryland
107 New England Patriots (from LA Rams) Noah Sewell, LB, Oregon
108 Denver Broncos Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas
109 Las Vegas Raiders Tyler Steen, OL, Alabama
110 Atlanta Falcons (from Tennessee) Asim Richards, OG, North Carolina
111 Cleveland Browns Karl Brooks, INT, Bowling Green
112 New York Jets Jarrett Patterson, C, Notre Dame
113 Atlanta Falcons Jerrod Clark, INT, Coastal Carolina
114 Carolina Panthers Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
115 New Orleans Saints Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
116 Green Bay Packers Christopher Smith, S, Georgia
117 New England Patriots Anthony Johnson Jr., S, Iowa State
118 Washington Commanders Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
119 Minnesota Vikings (from Detroit) Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
120 Pittsburgh Steelers Nick Herbig, LB, Wisconsin
121 Jacksonville Jaguars (from Tampa Bay) Moro Ojomo, INT, Texas
122 Kansas City Chiefs (from Miami) Keondre Coburn, INT, Texas
123 Seattle Seahawks Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
124 Baltimore Ravens Robert Beal Jr., EDGE, Georgia
125 Los Angeles Chargers Cameron Latu, TE, Alabama
126 Cleveland Browns (from Minnesota) Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford
127 Jacksonville Jaguars Nick Broeker, OG, Ole Miss
128 New York Giants Cameron Mitchell, CB, Northwestern
129 Dallas Cowboys Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton
130 Buffalo Bills Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss
131 Cincinnati Bengals Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
132 Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Ivan Pace Jr., LB, Cincinnati
133 Chicago Bears (from Philadelphia) Mekhi Garner, CB, LSU
134 Kansas City Chiefs Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
135 New England Patriots Ji'Ayir Brown, S, Penn State
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I like it Racks. Good mock for ATL

I consider it pretty easy to mock for Atlanta at this point because there's always a few of you who respond about your team needs and stuff lol feel like I've pretty much got my Atlanta stuff on lock at this point.

• Like 1

I don't think the Bengals are quite that high on Washington, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

I think Duncan is going to fall a bit, he lacks power, and the Bengals need a RT

I highly doubt we take another young safety when the four they have are pretty set.  If they add at all, it will be veteran depth at this point.  At least not on day 2.

Love love love Roschon Johnson at 131, would be 100% on board.

Given your board as it lays each pick and with hindsight, i'd go (disregarding a trade down, which I think they'd be primed to do give how the board is at 28):

28. Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
60. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
92. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
131. Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think the Bengals are quite that high on Washington, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

I think Duncan is going to fall a bit, he lacks power, and the Bengals need a RT

I highly doubt we take another young safety when the four they have are pretty set.  If they add at all, it will be veteran depth at this point.  At least not on day 2.

Love love love Roschon Johnson at 131, would be 100% on board.

Given your board as it lays each pick and with hindsight, i'd go (disregarding a trade down, which I think they'd be primed to do give how the board is at 28):

28. Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
60. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
92. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
131. Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas

I'll be honest and say I'm surprised to hear that you're so confident and settled on the Bengals safety room given the two starters just left. I knew Dax Hill was there obviously but thought a running mate for him would still be on the table at some point. As for Duncan, I agree that it wasn't an ideal match but felt that he was going to be one of the better options available at that point. In hindsight, I think it would probably make more sense for them to reach slightly on Wanya Morris than Duncan. I don't think Freeland is sniffing that high personally.

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'll be honest and say I'm surprised to hear that you're so confident and settled on the Bengals safety room given the two starters just left. I knew Dax Hill was there obviously but thought a running mate for him would still be on the table at some point. As for Duncan, I agree that it wasn't an ideal match but felt that he was going to be one of the better options available at that point. In hindsight, I think it would probably make more sense for them to reach slightly on Wanya Morris than Duncan. I don't think Freeland is sniffing that high personally.

I think Freeland is going a lot higher than most suspect.

Dax Hill and Nick Scott will be the starters, they drafted Tycen Anderson last year who they like but got injured, and Michael Thomas is ok depth but is also a special teams captain that I don't see them moving out for some third round rookie.  Also don't see them carrying 5 safeties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think Freeland is going a lot higher than most suspect.

Dax Hill and Nick Scott will be the starters, they drafted Tycen Anderson last year who they like but got injured, and Michael Thomas is ok depth but is also a special teams captain that I don't see them moving out for some third round rookie.  Also don't see them carrying 5 safeties.

Well obviously we'll agree to disagree about Freeland but otherwise I think we're on the same page about overall strategy positionally for the Bengals there. Which I think is more important when it comes to mocking anyways since none of us know what any given team's board will look like but we can speculate/mock about their positional needs and strategy.

I'm certainly not an expert on the Bengals safety room so I'll keep this in mind going forward. I know nothing about Nick Scott so I'll look into him.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

31 Kansas City Chiefs Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
63    Kansas City Chiefs    Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
95    Kansas City Chiefs    Tank Dell, WR, Houston
122    Kansas City Chiefs (from Miami)    Keondre Coburn, INT, Texas
134    Kansas City Chiefs    Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn

1. Harrison over Jones. Better yet give them Kincaid. Kelce is 24 this season. 
  2. Edge is a good idea at #63. Also consider Keanu Benton.
  3. Nathaniel Dell is OK. The Chiefs need high upside WR from the draft. However, DL makes more sense now that the good TE are gone.
  4. I love both of the 4th round picks. Pretty much BPA at this point.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:
  1. Harrison over Jones. Better yet give them Kincaid. Kelce is 24 this season. 
  2. Edge is a good idea at #63. Also consider Keanu Benton.
  3. Nathaniel Dell is OK. The Chiefs need high upside WR from the draft. However, DL makes more sense now that the good TE are gone.
  4. I love both of the 4th round picks. Pretty much BPA at this point.

I'm not sure I see why KC would go Harrison over Jones honestly. Jawaan Taylor is going to be LT and I don't really see Harrison as a RT.

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm not sure I see why KC would go Harrison over Jones honestly. Jawaan Taylor is going to be LT and I don't really see Harrison as a RT.

It's no contest. Jones is a pure power blocker, so he fits an OL like Dallas. Harrison is weak on the run blocking but he's very light on his feet which makes for good pass blocking.

Orlando Brown is superior run blocker but he needs help against a speed Edge. Jawaan Taylor is only good at pass blocking and they are saying that they are moving him to LT. Lucas Niang and Darrian Kinnard are set to cover RT for 2023 though Niang may also get a shot at LT. Niang had the job until he was injured so this should be an upgrade.

• Like 2