Rack's 2023 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition - 7 Rounds (4/26)

rackcs

45 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would absolutely love this draft for Tennessee.

It's a shame that it came at the expense of missing the playoffs but moving that far down in the draft is really nice for the Titans. Being in a good position to land one of the top tackles.

43 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Positions are fine, but not the route I'd choose.  If we are taking an iDL, give me Kancey.  I like Tuli, but he's a tweener.  You might be right since Lou Anarumo values flexibility, but we don't normally gran those type of linemen early.  I still think Anton Harrison or one of the EDGE guys are the pick.  CB would be in play, but the value isn't there at the pick.

I like Kraft, but depending on what we do in the first, an EDGE guy like Uzamah or McDonald, a NT like Pickens, a CB like Kelly Blue, or even a LB like Campbell to replace Pratt would also work.  I also think we keep Hurst around at TE, so not sure the priority level there.

It's obviously early with no idea which free agents leave, but that's where I'm at right now.

Great effort.  Much appreciated.

42 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Solid Bengals picks.  I think they are going to hammer value over position in this draft.  There will certainly be a slant towards OT/CB/Edge, but I don't see them reaching with any pick for a position.

Alternative Bengals picks given the board:

1. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
2. Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
3. Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

OR......

1. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
2. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
3. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama

OR.....

1. Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Miss St
2. Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
3. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

The Bengals were a team where I never got to their pick and went "Oh, here's an obvious fit" so it was a lot of leaning a little bit towards BPA. I certainly considered those other positions and even some of those specific players at some of those spots. Since Duke mentioned Hyatt, I have to ask what you two think of the future of the Bengals WR room? How much longer does Boyd have on his contract? Do you think the team will bring back Higgins and Chase?

25 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's a shame that it came at the expense of missing the playoffs but moving that far down in the draft is really nice for the Titans. Being in a good position to land one of the top tackles.

The Bengals were a team where I never got to their pick and went "Oh, here's an obvious fit" so it was a lot of leaning a little bit towards BPA. I certainly considered those other positions and even some of those specific players at some of those spots. Since Duke mentioned Hyatt, I have to ask what you two think of the future of the Bengals WR room? How much longer does Boyd have on his contract? Do you think the team will bring back Higgins and Chase?

bengals fans are spilt as to whether they keep both Chase and Higgins.  I think they absolutely do, but Boyd will leave after next season to get his last bag.  Only way I see him return is if there isn't a great market on contending teams.  He seems like he would value a good team over more money, but I don't know that for sure.  As for Hyatt, I see him as an outside guy.  Eventually we have to get a new slot guy.  If JSN somehow slipped to us, we'd pounce.  Otherwise, a later round guy is what I see at WR, with extending Higgins now and Chase next year.  Derius Davis is a guy I like for that in the later rounds.  Flowers would be great, but I think he's gone by our second rounder, and not sure if the value is there in the first.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Separate note.  I see Ringo starting to fall in many sites.  If he's there, we might pounce, as we are far more a zone CB team than press man.  he'd be a perfect fit if he actually starts to fall.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

bengals fans are spilt as to whether they keep both Chase and Higgins.  I think they absolutely do, but Boyd will leave after next season to get his last bag.  Only way I see him return is if there isn't a great market on contending teams.  He seems like he would value a good team over more money, but I don't know that for sure.  As for Hyatt, I see him as an outside guy.  Eventually we have to get a new slot guy.  If JSN somehow slipped to us, we'd pounce.  Otherwise, a later round guy is what I see at WR, with extending Higgins now and Chase next year.  Derius Davis is a guy I like for that in the later rounds.  Flowers would be great, but I think he's gone by our second rounder, and not sure if the value is there in the first.

I don't think the Bengals would be tied to a slot only guy though, because Chase can just straight up murk out of the slot and even works some there now.  Hyatt, I think could also be an inside/outside guy, but the biggest reason I like the fit, is the blazing speed.  Another deep threat opening the top and letting Chase work underneath getting the ball in his hands with plenty of space?  RIP to the opposing secondary.  Is it a likely pick?  No, but the reasoning I gave definitely popped into my head as I start looking into options.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think the Bengals would be tied to a slot only guy though, because Chase can just straight up murk out of the slot and even works some there now.  Hyatt, I think could also be an inside/outside guy, but the biggest reason I like the fit, is the blazing speed.  Another deep threat opening the top and letting Chase work underneath getting the ball in his hands with plenty of space?  RIP to the opposing secondary.  Is it a likely pick?  No, but the reasoning I gave definitely popped into my head as I start looking into options.  

True, but my deep dark plan this year is to trade out of the first for a future FRP with a team like the Colts and make a run at Harrison Jr.  That absolutely puts Chase in the slot.

8 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

True, but my deep dark plan this year is to trade out of the first for a future FRP with a team like the Colts and make a run at Harrison Jr.  That absolutely puts Chase in the slot.

I'm certainly not opposed to said plan, but it doesn't seem likely a team expected to pick high next year trades a future first for anything less than them thinking they are taking their future franchise QB, which isn't likely to happen at the back end of rd 1.

55 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm certainly not opposed to said plan, but it doesn't seem likely a team expected to pick high next year trades a future first for anything less than them thinking they are taking their future franchise QB, which isn't likely to happen at the back end of rd 1.

All true.  The plan hatched in my brain when we were like the 6th or 7th seed in the wild card chase.  If Hyatt is there in the second, they probably pounce.  I guess it depends on who else is there in the first.  There's like 4 OT in that round, but no one else until a guy like freeland in the third.  There's good CBs all three rounds of the first two days.  The EDGE class is kinda like the OTs.  First round/high second round guys, then a drop to almost the third round.

The speculation is far more entertaining than that of picking top 5 or 10.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

😂 That would be so messed up if the Bengals got a FRP from the Colts next year and go Harrison Jr.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't think it is messed up at all.  Or Bowers.  But we are picking too late to get an offer like that unless it was for a 2023 FRP only.

I meant because (1) The Bengals would assumedly be getting a top-10 pick from the Colts, (2) Harrison Jr would be a perfect compliment to Pittman Jr and most of all (3) that would mean the Colts could have gotten HOF receiver Marvin Harrison's son but traded him away probably to grab a QB who won't work out. That would be heartbreaking for any Colts fan

but obviously good for the Cincinnati Carps.

9 hours ago, rackcs said:

NFL Mock Draft 5.0

Trying to keep strong with my mock a month, upped myself to three rounds as I continue to watch and familiarize with prospects. As such the further into the 3rd round I got, I got to a few guys I haven't watched yet. Still happy with this overall, there were only a couple of picks where I wasn't sure what to do and only a few prospects I wished I could've slotted in somewhere. 

I did this as a no-trade mock as I feel like when I do trade mocks the conversation becomes dominated by value discussion on the trades and not about the prospects and fits. As usual, please feel free to leave feedback and comments. I love hearing everybody thoughts and talking draft.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears Jalen Carter, INT, Georgia
Houston Texans Bryce Young, QB, Alabama
Arizona Cardinals Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama
Indianapolis Colts CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech
Detroit Lions (from LA Rams) Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
Las Vegas Raiders Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
Atlanta Falcons Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
Carolina Panthers Will Levis, QB, Kentucky
Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa
Tennessee Titans Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
New York Jets Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
New England Patriots Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia
Green Bay Packers Brian Branch, S, Alabama
Washington Commanders Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
Pittsburgh Steelers Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
Detroit Lions Bryan Bresee, INT, Clemson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
Seattle Seahawks Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas
Miami Dolphins Forfeited
Los Angeles Chargers Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
Baltimore Ravens Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
Minnesota Vikings Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
Jacksonville Jaguars Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
New York Giants Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Dallas Cowboys Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
Buffalo Bills Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M
Cincinnati Bengals Tuli Tuipulotu, INT, USC
Denver Broncos (from San Francisco) O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
Kansas City Chiefs Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
Philadelphia Eagles Gervon Dexter Sr., INT, Florida

Round 2  
Team Pick
Pittsburgh Steelers (from Chicago) Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
Houston Texans Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
Arizona Cardinals Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
Indianapolis Colts Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
Los Angeles Rams BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) Calijah Kancey, INT, Pittsburgh
Las Vegas Raiders Cody Mauch, OG, North Dakota State
Carolina Panthers Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
New Orleans Saints JL Skinner, S, Boise State
Tennessee Titans Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
Cleveland Browns Mazi Smith, INT, Michigan
New York Jets Christopher Smith, S, Georgia
Atlanta Falcons Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
Green Bay Packers Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
New England Patriots Rashee Rice, WR, SMU
Washington Commanders John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
Detroit Lions Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers Siaki Ika, INT, Baylor
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
Miami Dolphins Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M
Seattle Seahawks Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Chicago Bears (from Baltimore) Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army
Los Angeles Chargers A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest
Detroit Lions (from Minnesota) Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama
Jacksonville Jaguars Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah
New York Giants Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
Dallas Cowboys DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
Buffalo Bills Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss
Cincinnati Bengals Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State
Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
Kansas City Chiefs Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State
Philadelphia Eagles Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA

Round 3  
Team Pick
Chicago Bears Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee
Houston Texans Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
Arizona Cardinals Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
Denver Broncos Will McDonald IV, EDGE, Iowa State
Los Angeles Rams Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
Las Vegas Raiders Zacch Pickens, INT, South Carolina
New Orleans Saints Tanner McKee, QB, Stanford
Tennessee Titans Derick Hall, EDGE, Auburn
Houston Texans (from Cleveland) Karl Brooks, INT, Bowling Green
New York Jets Noah Sewell, LB, Oregon
Atlanta Falcons Steve Avila, OG, TCU
New England Patriots (from Carolina) Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State
Miami Dolphins (from New England) DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas
Green Bay Packers Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
Indianapolis Colts (from Washington) Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
Pittsburgh Steelers Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
Detroit Lions Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech
Seattle Seahawks Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
Miami Dolphins Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin
Los Angeles Chargers Keeanu Benton, INT, Wisconsin
Baltimore Ravens Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
Minnesota Vikings Rakim Jarrett, WR, Maryland
Jacksonville Jaguars Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa State
New York Giants Kyu Blue Kelly, CB, Stanford
Dallas Cowboys Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn
Buffalo Bills Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
Cincinnati Bengals Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma
Carolina Panthers (from San Francisco) Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa
Kansas City Chiefs Jordan Battle, S, Alabama
Philadelphia Eagles Nick Herbig, LB, Wisconsin

I wanted drop you a line.

Thank you for your effort and hard work you do with the draft.

The most value I get, are the players you mentioned, that I've never heard of. Also, it a great starting point to kick off this up coming draft. Someone has to fall on the sword. You never can please everyone, especially me 😁

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you were appreciated... great work. Thanks again.

Now I'm off to rip the Pats choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

Kansas City Chiefs Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

Love it

Kansas City Chiefs Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State

Don't know enough about the player, but I love the position

Kansas City Chiefs Jordan Battle, S, Alabama

I like it if, and only if, we don't re-sign Juan Thornhill. Otherwise, give me BPA - preferably WR or DT.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I meant because (1) The Bengals would assumedly be getting a top-10 pick from the Colts, (2) Harrison Jr would be a perfect compliment to Pittman Jr and most of all (3) that would mean the Colts could have gotten HOF receiver Marvin Harrison's son but traded him away probably to grab a QB who won't work out. That would be heartbreaking for any Colts fan

but obviously good for the Cincinnati Carps.

The idea was borne out of thinking that if the Colts drafted Stroud and we were in position to trade a pick to them for Jaxon Smith Njigba.  If Houston takes Stroud, they could still take JSN at 12 and be bad enough to nab Harrison early with all of the top QBs in the 2024 draft.  The Colts, if they could pull that off, would gain a ton of fans willing to cross the border to see them all play together again.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, rackcs said:

29. Kansas City Chiefs - Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

They just drafted a safety in the 2nd round. He played a lot. I can see taking a project on day #3 when they have 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.

They are losing Pro Bowl LT Orlando Brown Jr. If they cannot sign an OT in free agency it becomes a priority. They also have DL needs in a great DE draft.