GDT: The Tompa Bradys v The Dallas Penalties

DaBoys

W1_TBvDAL.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Tom Brady is 6-0 against Dallas all time. Does that change this weekend? Unless they start blitzing Dak again, and we play Pollard over Zeke… then probably not. Anyways here’s a  GDT with an OP deserving of such a team.

Have at it.

Final score prediction:

Bucs 27 Dal 13

I care.  Opening day is huge to me.  I am holding out for 10-7. Though I have hope our OL will at least be serviceable.   This game with the front 7 TB has though might get out of hand quickly.  I though fell out D can keep us in games.  TB has their own struggles up front as well

39 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Struggling to find any cares. 

Who Knows Idk GIF

If the front office showed even an inkling they actually cared about winning...I'd probably have more interest. 

As is...I have very little interest in watching any games this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quiller said:

I care.  Opening day is huge to me.  I am holding out for 10-7. Though I have hope our OL will at least be serviceable.   This game with the front 7 TB has though might get out of hand quickly.  I though fell out D can keep us in games.  TB has their own struggles up front as well

Meh Sacks are a QB stat. It’s no a coincidence that Bradys sack rate in NE and TB are about the same. Brady will be just fine behind his line. I think its laughable people keep bringing up his interior line. He usually knows where he’s going with the ball before the snap. Makes it extremely hard to sack him when he releases the ball in 2.4 seconds. Even our line could block for that

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Meh Sacks are a QB stat. It’s no a coincidence that Bradys sack rate in NE and TB are about the same. Brady will be just fine behind his line. I think its laughable people keep bringing up his interior line. He usually knows where he’s going with the ball before the snap. Makes it extremely hard to sack him when he releases the ball in 2.4 seconds. Even our line could block for that

I don't disagree with your assessment of Brady.  He knows where the ball is going before the ball is snapped which makes him tough to defend.  I do think the Bucs IOL is hurting.  I guess the question is can Dallas' D do enough to disrupt Brady's timing.  I think the OL that plays best will go a long way to determining who wins.  

11 minutes ago, Northland said:

I don't disagree with your assessment of Brady.  He knows where the ball is going before the ball is snapped which makes him tough to defend.  I do think the Bucs IOL is hurting.  I guess the question is can Dallas' D do enough to disrupt Brady's timing.  I think the OL that plays best will go a long way to determining who wins.  

I just don’t think it matters with Brady. 

An offensive lines best friend is a QB that can diagnose like Brady. 

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, D82 said:

If the front office showed even an inkling they actually cared about winning...I'd probably have more interest. 

As is...I have very little interest in watching any games this year.

Right, it makes total sense that they don’t care at all how their team performs despite the time put into that investment. We don’t have to agree with their decisions… but some of these takes are emotional/ illogical. Things haven’t changed since I stopped checking in during the post playoff misery. If so many of you feel this way why do you even spend your time watching this team and talking about this team? 

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Right, it makes total sense that they don’t care at all how their team performs despite the time put into that investment. We don’t have to agree with their decisions… but some of these takes are emotional/ illogical. Things haven’t changed since I stopped checking in during the post playoff misery. If so many of you feel this way why do you even spend your time watching this team and talking about this team? 

Some think it’s that they don’t care which, like you, I don’t believe.

But this off season was horrible, and “care” only matters so much. Al Davis cared. I’m sure Greg the leg really cared about all of his kicks last year. Being invested and making smart investments are two different things. 

Are we a better team with Dante Fowler instead of Von Miller? LVE instead of Bobby Wagner? Amari Cooper gone in place of whoever that guy we drafted in round 3 is? 

No. We were not good in the last half of the season last year. We were horrible in the playoffs at home against the freakin fighting JimmyGs. We sucked after the Broncos exposed Dak by not blitzing him, and then we got worse in the off season. 

But hey Tyler Smith Amarite!? 

Every year is TheBoyzToTheBowl!!! Not this year my friend. Not this year. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

We will be 8-9 this year.

But if we win Sunday it’s pretty much guaranteed that we win the Super Bowl. 

This team needs to go 6-11 or worse. Get another set of high draft picks to build up this team. 

Edited by Tony7188

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Some think it’s that they don’t care which, like you, I don’t believe.

But this off season was horrible, and “care” only matters so much. Al Davis cared. I’m sure Greg the leg really cared about all of his kicks last year. Being invested and making smart investments are two different things. 

Are we a better team with Dante Fowler instead of Von Miller? LVE instead of Bobby Wagner? Amari Cooper instead of whoever that guy we drafted in round 3 is? 

No. We were not good in the last half of the season last year. We were horrible in the playoffs at home against the freakin fighting JimmyGs. We sucked after the Broncos exposed Dak by not blitzing him, and then we got worse in the off season. 

But hey Tyler Smith Amarite!? 

Every year is TheBoyzToTheBowl!!! Not this year my friend. Not this year. 

This is by far the quietest I've ever seen on the Cowboys forum for opening week. As you and @D82 mentioned, this team is worse than they were last season and no improvements were made. That playoff loss against the 49ers and the F.O.'s handling of the offseason broke a lot of fans. There is a feeling that this team this year will be dead in the water. I've never been less interested in the Cowboys as I've been this year. The Cowboys don't have a chance at getting to the SB. Heck, from a talent perspective the Eagles might be better.

Seeing your team constantly choke combined with having a F.O. that goes bargain basement shopping every offseason leads to disinterest/indifference from the fans. @NoFlyZone I'm sure Jerry Jones does care about winning, but not as much as they care about marketing and generating money. At some point hype isn't enough.

Edited by Tony7188

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not watching the team this year. The Cowboys will no longer benefit in any way shape or form from me until Jerry and Stephen no longer run things. 

But if I have a few moments to share my thoughts on here…that doesn’t benefit them in any way. So 🤷‍♂️