Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

No one should believe that a NFL team is unable to pay an elite player in their early 20s. The cap is just not that limiting. 

We will be what 15 million over the cap with all our current contracts when we enter the offseason. I really don't care to argue about this but no you can't just pay everyone whatever they want. have a good night.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I mean we can sit here and say that not drafting Tom Brady was the worst decision ever then

based on decisions this franchise has made with the individuals it employs, this is the single worst decision. 1000%.

we traded a generational talent who was the most important part of our offense, which we legit saw as fact the year prior cuz our rushing O kept humming without Derrick. We moved on from VY, Mariota, Haynesworth, Locker etc at the right time. 

Completely disagree. He might not even go down as Robinson biggest mistake. Lol 

I might say Wilson and maybe Farley could be worst mistakes. 

Wilson for sure because that has been felt now for almost 3 seasons. 

It's uglier but still 3-2. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Completely disagree. He might not even go down as Robinson biggest mistake. Lol 

I might say Wilson and maybe Farley could be worst mistakes. 

Wilson for sure because that has been felt now for almost 3 seasons. 

It's uglier but still 3-2. 

By this logic Kevin Dodd is a bigger mistake than trading AJ. 33rd overall pick.

we traded the most important part of our offense. And are severely limited because of it.

3 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Robbie Anderson got kicked off the sideline and hasn't been happy in CAR. I'd like to bring him on for a low pick lol

The Panthers have to eat almost his entire salary in a trade and now have to be desperate to move him. I’d toss them a late Day 3 pick with no hesitation. If it turns out he’s actually a problem and that Carolina isn’t just a dumpster fire of a locker room, you can get out with almost no harm.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

By this logic Kevin Dodd is a bigger mistake than trading AJ. 33rd overall pick.

we traded the most important part of our offense. And are severely limited because of it.

I'm just using decision making logic. Someone made a decision to trade Arthur. Someone made the decision to draft Wilson. 
But I'm thinking impact. 
You are saying it's the biggest mistake not only because of the talent but because of the impact it had on the team right?

I'm thinking other decisions have been made that have impacted this current team/franchise than trading him. 
The immediate impact is that our passing game went from respectable to who gives a flip.

Will that impact be long lasting forever?  I say no. 
I think there will be things to negate the impact of that decision if not this year, the next. Burks looks good to me. 
By your logic Burks could end up being the best WR ever to touch the NFL field but trading Arthur for him (essentially) could still be the worst decision ever. 

I just find it hard to say it's the worst decision this team ever made when the story isn't finished yet.  
Was it the worst thing this team did in the offseason? Yep.
Can it be debated it was the worst decision by a team this offseason, to this point?  Yep. 

Worst ever?  I say nah. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm just using decision making logic. Someone made a decision to trade Arthur. Someone made the decision to draft Wilson. 
But I'm thinking impact. 
You are saying it's the biggest mistake not only because of the talent but because of the impact it had on the team right?

I'm thinking other decisions have been made that have impacted this current team/franchise than trading him. 
The immediate impact is that our passing game went from respectable to who gives a flip.

Will that impact be long lasting forever?  I say no. 
I think there will be things to negate the impact of that decision if not this year, the next. Burks looks good to me. 
By your logic Burks could end up being the best WR ever to touch the NFL field but trading Arthur for him (essentially) could still be the worst decision ever. 

I just find it hard to say it's the worst decision this team ever made when the story isn't finished yet.  
Was it the worst thing this team did in the offseason? Yep.
Can it be debated it was the worst decision by a team this offseason, to this point?  Yep. 

Worst ever?  I say nah. 

I get what you’re saying 

I just think that trading AJ will have as bad of a long term negative effect as drafting Wilson

It is already showing it’s negative impact. We all like Burks and he might end up a good player, but we traded the player he “could become”. We had the sure thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Panthers have to eat almost his entire salary in a trade and now have to be desperate to move him. I’d toss them a late Day 3 pick with no hesitation. If it turns out he’s actually a problem and that Carolina isn’t just a dumpster fire of a locker room, you can get out with almost no harm.

Why do I feel like there is no way we trade for a receiver. I feel like if anything maybe we go o lineman or corner.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If we’re going off longevity as a Titan sure but talent wise, it’s AJ Brown.

So? How many WRs in history have been more talented than Jerry Rice? It's not just about talent.

AJ Brown isn't a generational talent (not sure if it was you who posted that). He's probably not even a top 10 WR right now.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I get what you’re saying 

I just think that trading AJ will have as bad of a long term negative effect as drafting Wilson

It is already showing it’s negative impact. We all like Burks and he might end up a good player, but we traded the player he “could become”. We had the sure thing.

We shall see. Hopefully Phillips and Burks eventually will negate that loss. 

Arthur will continue to be good. He was as good as any team could hope for. 

I personally do think we will be ok eventually. 
Not knocking him, but I am..lol Arthur isn't going to get faster. He isn't going to get any more elusive than he is. He may get stronger and better at running routes. 
I don't know if he will get any better than what we've seen, but what we've seen was pretty dang good .lol

Is anyone else not as infatuated with the Bills Chiefs matchup as the whole world is. This idea that the next 15 years of those matchups is so exciting is so blah. Just hope some other teams interrupt that party. The whole storyline where Mahomes and Allen love and respect each other is so boring. I wanna see people bang heads. 

Just a reference point...
What is considered a game changing WR? 

It isn't really about Brown. 

Wondering what people would define as a game changer?  Someone like Renfrow could be considered that by some, the way he come clutch with 3rd downs.

Just curious/conversation.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just a reference point...
What is considered a game changing WR? 

It isn't really about Brown. 

Wondering what people would define as a game changer?  Someone like Renfrow could be considered that by some, the way he come clutch with 3rd downs.

Just curious/conversation.

It’s a good question 

I think, and no disrespect cuz he’s awesome, Renfrow impacts games situationally. 

stefon Diggs can change the tide of a game. Able to make a huge play at a moments notice.

bad explanation. But I don’t think you have to “worry” about Renfrow on first and 10 from the 25. You have to worry about Diggs, Jefferson, etc

• Like 1