Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

Man when are some Titans fans going to get over AJ Brown being traded. The guy was a great wide receiver no question and yes the Titans were better with him.

However, it takes two to tango and he wanted out quite clearly. He is a very emotional player so can easily see him being butt hurt by a lower offer and putting his back up and shutting us down.

Titans did the best they could given a situation where AJ was clearly not willing to make it work.

He is a great player no doubt but injuries for sure were a big concern. He has managed to play 6 games of 6 so far this year. Long way to go lots of time for him to still get hurt.

Absolutely the injury history has to factor into contract negotiations. As do many factors. I am tired of hearing about AJ Brown. I am a Titans fan not a fan of specific players. All I care about is who is a Titan now.

The “get over it” stuff makes me laugh

nothing to do with liking a player over a team. In fact, it proves how the love is even greater for a team 

trading Aj brown is the single worst decision this franchise has EVER made due to its impact and effect on the team as a whole. Our passing offense is damn near atrocious without him. We are a worse team without him. We are a significantly less explosive team without him. 

every single third down/passing situation is like holding our breath. There is no go-to guy. There is no guy that consistently wins 1-1s. There is no guy who’s a threat to even catch the ball, let alone score

12 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He’s definitely better than Mason and I loved Mason.

I disagree 1000%. 

Just can't see it. 

I think it's ok to say Arthur was great and not make him better than Mason. 

I remember Mason always showing up. 

I just can't get oh that train. 

All good tho. 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

The “get over it” stuff makes me laugh

nothing to do with liking a player over a team. In fact, it proves how the love is even greater for a team 

trading Aj brown is the single worst decision this franchise has EVER made due to its impact and effect on the team as a whole. Our passing offense is damn near atrocious without him. We are a worse team without him. We are a significantly less explosive team without him. 

every single third down/passing situation is like holding our breath. There is no go-to guy. There is no guy that consistently wins 1-1s. There is no guy who’s a threat to even catch the ball, let alone score

Ever ever? Lol 

That feels like a bias toward current events. 

Whiz. Not drafting Moss. Handling of Vince Young. Handling of Haynesworth. Downing.  Marcus at QB. Jake locker 

Those have had generational impacts on this franchise. 

40 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

AJ Brown is good. There was never any question about that. The issue is we couldn't pay AJ what he wanted and still be able to sign Jeffery Simmons this year. This team values Simmons more on the defense than they do a WR in a run first offense. 

Now if we don't sign Simmons to an extension and lose both of them I'll be a little pissed off.  

No one should believe that a NFL team is unable to pay an elite player in their early 20s. The cap is just not that limiting. 

And if you actually believe that our GM has done such a bad job with cap management that he had to choose between keeping just one of his two best draft picks, you should be calling for his head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Ever ever? Lol 

That feels like a bias toward current events. 

Whiz. Not drafting Moss. Handling of Vince Young. Handling of Haynesworth. Downing.  Marcus at QB. Jake locker 

Those have had generational impacts on this franchise. 

I mean we can sit here and say that not drafting Tom Brady was the worst decision ever then

based on decisions this franchise has made with the individuals it employs, this is the single worst decision. 1000%.

we traded a generational talent who was the most important part of our offense, which we legit saw as fact the year prior cuz our rushing O kept humming without Derrick. We moved on from VY, Mariota, Haynesworth, Locker etc at the right time. 

And again Arthur was great. I think everyone agrees. 

But it wasn't like we were unstoppable with him on this team. 

Blame the OC and offensive philosophy for that maybe. Blame the QB. 

But we didn't go from greatest show on turf to Nathan Peterman led offense. 

We went from an good/average offense to below average. 

Let's be honest and realistic. Even in his most dominant game last year against the Niners we still only scored what , 20 points and 2 TDs. Lol 

I’ll get over it when I can fawn over a TE or receiver the way I fawned over AJ.

Who cares if some people are not over it. 

It’ll be Titans forever for me, but as a fan of football watching AJ mix dudes gets me salty, and ima stay salty. We shoulda payed that man and lived with maybe him getting hurt. I would have rather sacrificed some others than him. Or at least played hard ball.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Long term, AJ Brown will go down as a better receiver than Derrick Mason. But given how Titans tenure was three years, he can’t go down as a better Titans receiver than Derrick Mason.

I can agree with this. 

Even tho in Baltimore Mason arguably looked even better.