Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Chiefs have the Michael Jordan of QBs and the rest of the league doesn’t. That’s the difference.

And I know Tom Brady gets that distinction but Mahomes is best QB I’ve seen.

It’s his legs. Of the passers of his caliber, none have had the ability to run like he does. Prime Rodgers had it to an extent. But the completely demoralizing feeling of getting him on the move, taking away all of his options, and still failing to get off the field time and time again just drains a defense.

I still think they are beatable this year in a way that I haven’t felt the last few. I don’t know if they’re beatable for us, but Tyreek’s absence gives a team with a good, disciplined defense a chance to force them into FGs instead of TDs and avoid having to rotate a safety over the top all day.

32 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s his legs. Of the passers of his caliber, none have had the ability to run like he does. Prime Rodgers had it to an extent. But the completely demoralizing feeling of getting him on the move, taking away all of his options, and still failing to get off the field time and time again just drains a defense.

I still think they are beatable this year in a way that I haven’t felt the last few. I don’t know if they’re beatable for us, but Tyreek’s absence gives a team with a good, disciplined defense a chance to force them into FGs instead of TDs and avoid having to rotate a safety over the top all day.

I said it when we played them but a bit of the fear factor with them is gone with the absence of Hill. Don’t get me wrong, as long as Mahomes is taking snaps, there’s still a fear element. But that scoring anytime, anywhere no matter the margin isn’t there for them imo. We’ll see if that plays a factor come playoff time.

• Like 1

I think the Chiefs are more beatable now than they ever were before.  Mahomes is the difference maker of course, but if we just use our game as example, he can be neutralized to a degree. 

With Tanny or any capable QB we win that game maybe by double digits. 

Stop Kelce and avoid numerous big plays by Mahomes you can win.  Easier said than done, but that team doesn't fear me.

The Bills are different. We haven' shown we can consistently beat them yet. 

18 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

So anyone know how soon we can clinch the South?

We haven't clinched it, but realistically, it's already over.  The Colts have to win all but one game to get ahead of us if we win two more.  And I don't care how jinxy it makes it, there's no way we don't win two games the rest of the season.  We play the Texans again and the Jags twice.

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Bills are different. We haven' shown we can consistently beat them yet. 

Yeah, but they look like a very different team than the one that beat us week 2.  That's looking more and more like a Cardinals type situation.  Even this week, they didn't get ahead of the Browns until the very end of the first half.

We can beat any team in the AFC, I think.

• Like 1

Id' be ok with this. I think it would be our best path.

If we could beat Patriots and Dolphins beat the Bengals.
We'd travel to a not intimidating Dolphins (Tanny Revenge game).  
Say Buffalo won, they'd have to play the Chiefs and they would knock one or the other out. Say Buffalo won that, they'd have to come to us, if we beat the Dolphins. 

Of if The Ravens took care of Buffalo for us. Then they'd go to Chiefs. And if we go to Arrowhead again with Tanny, I'd feel good about our chances. 

or

We could just lose at home in first round. lol

10 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The scary risk/reality of taking a qb high. Idk. The more I look at things happening in the NFL, the more I love what we are doing.

I was listening to a podcast and they listed the QBs drafted in the 1st round from 2016 to now and the success rate is actually pretty bleak. 

I think the key is having a good, stable environment/organization around the QB. You look at all the great current QBs, that was the case for the majority of them.

• Like 1