Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

This also is a subtle blow to the 2024 QB crowd. 

The Bears have ammo to move up with their trade compensation. 

We don't have multiple picks and won't unless we trade Jeff. 

Or

We just suck and get the top pick outright. 

But this also pretty much means we won't be getting a QB this year unless they like Levis or Richardson. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The Bears have ammo to move up with their trade compensation. 

We don't have multiple picks and won't unless we trade Jeff. 

Or

We just suck and get the top pick outright. 

But this also pretty much means we won't be getting a QB this year unless they like Levis or Richardson. 

Time to roll with Malik and Dobbs!! Trade Tanny for a 2nd or 3rd.

Or give up 2 first for Lamar which I’d still be ok with 

Really not liking this trade. Trading back that far means they're not in play for the top 3 defenders like everyone assumed, they got their receiver in the trade so they're probably targeting O-line. we probably won't have our pick of them like we thought we would if we stayed put. We may have to trade up now just to get a guy we thought would for sure be there at 11. Worst case now is Bears and Eagles both take tackles ahead of us and we not only miss out on a QB of the future but also premier lineman.  

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Levis to the Colts confirmed 

Oh god please.

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think you mean to the “the only answer at QB is the number 1 overall pick in 2024” crowd. Which I’m pretty sure is no one.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I think this opens up the possibility of Indianapolis kicking the tires on Lamar Jackson.

tbh, i'd be completely okay with this. we know how to defend him and he'd eat up a bunch of their salary cap.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I think you mean to the “the only answer at QB is the number 1 overall pick in 2024” crowd. Which I’m pretty sure is no one.

hmm. No. What i originally said.

Unless the Bears suck again to get one of the top 2 picks naturally, they are armed to trade up into one of the spots to get what so many think is a generational QB in Williams or a highly coveted QB in Maye, if Fields doesn't improve to their liking. 

That takes away a QB leaving one of the "TOP" guys, leaving highly debatable guys that may or may not be worth the preseason hype. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That takes away a QB leaving one of the "TOP" guys, leaving highly debatable guys that may or may not be worth the preseason hype. 

well guess what, that's where most of the great young QBs of the last several years has been drafted. for every burrow or lawrence at 1 there's an allen, mahomes, or hurts that went later. so it's not like it's some kind of death sentence