2023 NFL draft thread

Forge

So I've heard this is a very strong OL class, especially in the interior? Is that accurate? If so, then that's great for us, especially at where we are drafting. This is a draft where we need to come away with at least four to five players from the OL/DL. This is a trenches draft through and through. Have to hope we hit gold on a few of those picks that can potentially make an impact from day one. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I've heard this is a very strong OL class, especially in the interior? Is that accurate? If so, then that's great for us, especially at where we are drafting. This is a draft where we need to come away with at least four to five players from the OL/DL. This is a trenches draft through and through. Have to hope we hit gold on a few of those picks that can potentially make an impact from day one. 

Agreed.

I'd like to really fortify the DT position specifically.

We need a couple of disruptive NTs to pair with our 3Ts & DEs.

Missing on Kinlaw needs to be addressed this draft.

I'm fairly confident with our IOL as is but we need to find a legitimate starting level Center.

Brendel improved as the season went on but I'm still not a believer in him as a full-time starter.

Poe is still a developmental type of player. so you can't really bank on him taking a big step in his 2nd year.

Need a guy who can kind of hit the ground running and at least be in contention for the two-deep as a rookie.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think it's fairly weak at guard all things considered, but is pretty good at center. Guard can be tricky though based on who you are projecting where. The guard class looks better if you think a few of the tackles are actually guards, for example. 

Interior defensive line is fine, nothing special. 

I think this draft is strongest at corner...running back is good too. 

Really weak at linebacker (off ball) and maybe Safety. Again, depends on who you are projecting where. 

I like the interior defensive line class in the top 100, but don't like it at the top of the draft (outside of Carter) 

• Like 1

The chance we draft a pure center is pretty low i feel. We drafted one in Zakelj and grabbed Poe as a UDFA last year. Honestly don't think we will draft another one unless both Brendel and Brunskill are gone. Think its more likely we add one or two tackles this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

The chance we draft a pure center is pretty low i feel. We drafted one in Zakelj and grabbed Poe as a UDFA last year. Honestly don't think we will draft another one unless both Brendel and Brunskill are gone. Think its more likely we add one or two tackles this year.

I would put a high priority on getting Brunskill back (just turned 29 years old) because of the versatility.  By far my biggest priority to bring back for the next 2-3 years. 

I think that the team really likes Brendel, so I think he'll be back provided that they don't have a substantial difference of opinion on how good he is. I expect a 2 year deal for him. 

I agree that if both of those guys are back, I wouldn't even look at Center as a possibility with Zakelj still being groomed. But until they are in the fold, I'm probably keeping Center on the list. 

It'd be nice if I could forgo that in the mocks though.

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would put a high priority on getting Brunskill back (just turned 29 years old) because of the versatility.  By far my biggest priority to bring back for the next 2-3 years. 

I think that the team really likes Brendel, so I think he'll be back provided that they don't have a substantial difference of opinion on how good he is. I expect a 2 year deal for him. 

I agree that if both of those guys are back, I wouldn't even look at Center as a possibility with Zakelj still being groomed. But until they are in the fold, I'm probably keeping Center on the list. 

It'd be nice if I could forgo that in the mocks though.

Brunskill should be high yeah but it would really depend on cost if we keep him i feel. I think he can be a starter elsewhere and we simply can't pay him starter money. 

Brendel as the year went on played better so i wouldn't be suprised if we keep him and even if we only keep Brendel i still don't think we go with a pure C. For positions like these we tend to go one or two years in advance over drafting for the now outside of really Mike McG where i feel we just wanted to get rid of Brown and they liked McG a ton. Which is why i mostly expect us to grab one or 2 pure tackles to maybe if they suprise compete with McKivitz for the RT spot and groom to replace Williams in a few years.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Brunskill should be high yeah but it would really depend on cost if we keep him i feel. I think he can be a starter elsewhere and we simply can't pay him starter money. 

Brendel as the year went on played better so i wouldn't be suprised if we keep him and even if we only keep Brendel i still don't think we go with a pure C. For positions like these we tend to go one or two years in advance over drafting for the now outside of really Mike McG where i feel we just wanted to get rid of Brown and they liked McG a ton. Which is why i mostly expect us to grab one or 2 pure tackles to maybe if they suprise compete with McKivitz for the RT spot and groom to replace Williams in a few years.

We really should have drafted Zach Tom last year. He could have been our new Brunskill. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Calijah Kancey ran a 4.67 at 281 pounds. 

Adetomiwa Adebawore ran a 4.49 at 282 pounds. 

Jujuan Jennings ran a 4.72 his draft year lol 

Nolan Smith running 4.39 is pretty dang impressive as well.

• Like 2