Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

Patrick is not a premium talent. I wouldn't really cry if they cut/lost him. That said, no one is gonna convince me there are 53 better football players on this Packers squad. Patrick might not be able to swing out to tackle like some others but he can play at this level. I also like him in that room. Patrick might be short on athleticism but he is a tough, smart, aggressive player with violent hands. 

36 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Patrick is not a premium talent. I wouldn't really cry if they cut/lost him. That said, no one is gonna convince me there are 53 better football players on this Packers squad. Patrick might not be able to swing out to tackle like some others but he can play at this level. I also like him in that room. Patrick might be short on athleticism but he is a tough, smart, aggressive player with violent hands. 

Yup.  Once he gets his hands on a guy they are usually done.  I've just seen a few struggles with stunts and finding/getting to that block once he's in space.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:13 PM, palmy50 said:

I wouldn't disagree that Kumerow might be able to catch more ball than any of the rookies THIS YEAR. I just don't think what Kumerow would give ya this year is worth losing one of these very talented rookies. If your suggesting they can stash one of J'Mon, MVS, or EQ on the practice squad that's just flat wrong IMO. As I said before, those kids either play for the Packers or the Browns lead brass send them a thank you card for the cheap talent.

Dumb question, how would ESB's personality play out in CLE? If any of the rookies go to PS I'd figure he's the most likely to make it past waivers. Not to say I would chop any of the triplets.

6 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

Dumb question, how would ESB's personality play out in CLE? If any of the rookies go to PS I'd figure he's the most likely to make it past waivers. Not to say I would chop any of the triplets.

They have Callaway and Gordon in that room. Something tells me they'd be more than ok with EQ in there. Callaway had the worst interview I've sat in since Titus Young. It was unreal bad. That's not EQ. EQ wasn't for me but he's a good kid. 

27 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

They have Callaway and Gordon in that room. Something tells me they'd be more than ok with EQ in there. Callaway had the worst interview I've sat in since Titus Young. It was unreal bad. That's not EQ. EQ wasn't for me but he's a good kid. 

Are we talking poor attempts to weasel out of taking responsibility for his past actions at Florida, or just a general room temperature IQ?

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we talking poor attempts to weasel out of taking responsibility for his past actions at Florida, or just a general room temperature IQ?

I'll just say I came away thinking he was a disaster waiting to happen. Best case scenario I feel he's someone I don't want around the youth and females that often frequent our facility. Shame really. Anyone on here that knows me will tell ya that's a mold of WR I genuinely love. 

1 minute ago, palmy50 said:

I'll just say I came away thinking he was a disaster waiting to happen. Best case scenario I feel he's someone I don't want around the youth and females that often frequent our facility. Shame really. Anyone on here that knows me will tell ya that's a mold of WR I genuinely love. 

Gross. 48 hours ago, I would have made a crack about SEC receivers and now I'm going to go jump into a bottle. Thanks Wisconsin.

I'm often not a huge fan of long WR's because their easy to read.

Moore is ELITE at his size in terms of getting in and out of his breaks. Truly a unique talent.

MVS is much better in this regard than I previously thought. I thought he was solid there from the few games I watched but he's a few clicks above solid and damn good at scale considering he's a legit 6'4. 

EQ is a little closer to the norm at scale. EQ is more of a smooth athlete and not as twitchy as some others. You can read him more than Moore and MVS. EQ has more than enough other tools to compensate though. 

1 minute ago, palmy50 said:

I'm often not a huge fan of long WR's because their easy to read.

Moore is ELITE at his size in terms of getting in and out of his breaks. Truly a unique talent.

MVS is much better in this regard than I previously thought. I thought he was solid there from the few games I watched but he's a few clicks above solid and damn good at scale considering he's a legit 6'4. 

EQ is a little closer to the norm at scale. EQ is more of a smooth athlete and not as twitchy as some others. You can read him more than Moore and MVS. EQ has more than enough other tools to compensate though. 

Great to have you back posting...hope you can find some time to continue to share your thoughts and insight.  

Do you feel any of the 3 rookies have the potential to become #1WR at some point in the future?  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Great to have you back posting...hope you can find some time to continue to share your thoughts and insight.  

Do you feel any of the 3 rookies have the potential to become #1WR at some point in the future?  

Moore does for sure. If Moore puts everything together he's a bigger/faster Adams. Hell, Moore is getting open now and his RR skills are trash. He's a long ways off from being what he could be but he's a very special raw talent. 

I view both MVS and EQ more so as specialty players. Damn good specialty types but I'm not sure I see the complete well rounded package of a true number one. Both are damn talented though. Stranger things have happened.

33 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Moore does for sure. If Moore puts everything together he's a bigger/faster Adams. Hell, Moore is getting open now and his RR skills are trash. He's a long ways off from being what he could be but he's a very special raw talent. 

I view both MVS and EQ more so as specialty players. Damn good specialty types but I'm not sure I see the complete well rounded package of a true number one. Both are damn talented though. Stranger things have happened.

I only watched highlight reels and came away thinking Moore was our best draft pick. So I have an eye for talent I guess, but obviously not one for weakness ;) they'd have to pair me with a guy who can see the worst in every prospect and we'd be a helluva team?

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I only watched highlight reels and came away thinking Moore was our best draft pick. So I have an eye for talent I guess, but obviously not one for weakness ;) they'd have to pair me with a guy who can see the worst in every prospect and we'd be a helluva team?

@incognito_man  I think we can find some posters here to pair you up with!!!  There are a few that can pick out the flaws in even the blue chip players

50 minutes ago, palmy50 said:

Thanks for answering.  Hope that Moore gets a chance to gain some confidence in making a few catches and can go a game or 2 without a drop.  Some success adn cinfidence could go a long way for him.

Archived