Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A lot easier to keep Moore around to develop if our top 3 WR's weren't Adams and .......... whoever doesn't draw the short straw.

Wut

You act like Adams, Cobb and Allison is a horrid WR group. Might wanna go around the league and see the state of some of these other teams, my friend.

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's only because we've had amazing WR groups the past decade. Doesn't mean it's bad group. Just means we've been exceptionally fortunate at the position.

It doesn't mean it's a good group either. I've already said it hinges on Cobb. His YPC dropped below 10 last year, a 3 year downward trend. And I like Allison, just not as a #2.

Time will tell, but let's be real, there is some concern there

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

It doesn't mean it's a good group either. I've already said it hinges on Cobb. His YPC dropped below 10 last year. And I like Allison, just not as a #2.

Time will tell, but let's be real, there is some concern there

Cobb played last year with Brett Hundley, not Aaron Rodgers. 

Also, you can't take out the fact that we also have Jimmy Graham now. So he's basically WR2 in regards to targets. Cobb in the slot and Allison as the other boundary guy is just fine. We're not hurting at pass catching positions. 

33 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What kind of statline can we expect from Davante Adams this season?

89/1228/10

Yes, I expect his YPC to increase to 13.8.

He's probably capable of up to 14.5ish (around his ceiling) with Rodgers.

Moore's drop problems go back to at least his junior year in college. This is nothing new caused by the stress of having to learn a new offensive system. I will get on the J'Mon bus when I see him start to catch some passes. Until then, I remain skeptical. Kumerow is getting open and making plays in practice against our top DBs. AND he's doing well in the pre-season games. He's earned his spot. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Moore's drop problems go back to at least his junior year in college. This is nothing new caused by the stress of having to learn a new offensive system. I will get on the J'Mon bus when I see him start to catch some passes. Until then, I remain skeptical. Kumerow is getting open and making plays in practice against our top DBs. AND he's doing well in the pre-season games. He's earned his spot. 

I agree that he's earned his spot but not at the expense of any of the 3 rookie wideouts and especially not at the expense of J'Mon Moore.

5 hours ago, Cadmus said:

89/1228/10

Yes, I expect his YPC to increase to 13.8.

He's probably capable of up to 14.5ish (around his ceiling) with Rodgers.

Bookmarked!

Don't let me down

Seriously, seems super accurate barring injury. IDK if I expect 1300 but IDK why not

Archived