Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

It's like Kumerow is 7th guy or bust. I have a feeling QB1 will beg Gute and McCarthy for him to stay on the roster. I just don't see a way for any of the rooks to not be snatched up if they go on the practice squad. Perhaps we need to keep applying butter to Moore's hands so he drops every single pass for the rest of preseason so every team is turned away and we can stash him on the PS. Or the ol' Fake IR a guy so we can keep him trick.

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

imma be madder than when they cut cory rodgers when they cut jmon 

I’m shocked that people think that’s an option. Drops are bad, but they’re fixable. We knew going in his hands were spotty. 

Look at the seperation he gets already. As he continues to run better routes, that should improve as well. That’s a TON of upside. Upside you do not give up on after one camp.

Drops can be fixed, not always but seen plenty of players who have the drops and they cut down on it dramatically.  And isn't the 'three-year season' (that after 3 seasons with any draft pick you petty much know what you have, either a player that can contribute or a bust) for draft picks pretty much spot on in regards for WR's? That it can take 2 to 3 seasons to really know what you have at the position?

Honestly, I think the script is all set for us keeping all our WR picks (which is what I absolutely would do) we lose Kumerow and Rodgers has a hissy fit over it.  All this during contract negotiations going on lol (but Rodgers will sign his deal of course).

IMHO there's not much risk in cutting Moore. If some team claims him, he will likely drop so many passes in practice that they will end up cutting him anyways, then the Packers can sign him to the PS. I just don't like WRs with bad hands. I don't care how good his separation is, or how precise his route running is, if he can't catch the ball when it hits his hands, he can't play WR. And it's not like he's messing up because he has to learn a new offense. This problem goes back to his college career. Another negative is he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb on the porch. Does anyone know his Wonderlic score?

I would be happy with Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, and EQ. It's not a GOAT WR corps, but it's good enough with the TE group the Packers have. MVS and EQ have plenty of potential to develop to replace Cobb and Allison.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

IMHO there's not much risk in cutting Moore. If some team claims him, he will likely drop so many passes in practice that they will end up cutting him anyways, then the Packers can sign him to the PS. I just don't like WRs with bad hands. I don't care how good his separation is, or how precise his route running is, if he can't catch the ball when it hits his hands, he can't play WR. And it's not like he's messing up because he has to learn a new offense. This problem goes back to his college career. Another negative is he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb on the porch. Does anyone know his Wonderlic score?

I would be happy with Adams, Cobb, Allison, Kumerow, MVS, and EQ. It's not a GOAT WR corps, but it's good enough with the TE group the Packers have. MVS and EQ have plenty of potential to develop to replace Cobb and Allison.

So you would've cut Davante and Jordy because of their drop problems early in their careers? J'mon is in his 1st training camp and has played in 2 preseason games. Davante had the dropsies until year 3, he turned out okay...

40 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

There's no way in hell we cut Moore for Kumerow. Not worth entertaining the thought.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If we cut J'Mon Moore, we'd never get him back. There are immensely less talented WRs on current NFL rosters and a team would claim him and stash him as WR5 or WR6 and reap the rewards because the Packers were impatient. 

But, this is all redundant because the Packers won't cut him. They aren't shortsighted in their moves like fans can be.

EDIT - The word s-n-a-t-c-h is edited out by filters? Really? lol

Moore ain't getting cut. Don't know why it's even been discussed. He's running REALLY solid routes for a rookie and I'm not sure many people realize that.

I'll keep saying it...Moore had the 2nd best size adjusted agility of any WR in the draft and it SHOWS.

Archived