**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

Put me in on the Hooker bandwagon.

I watched a lot of him yesterday. Not highlights but full offensive series game by game. Takes me back quite a bit but I'm very much reminded of an old rival of our Cowboys, Syracuse's Donovan McNabb. The arm, the mobility, gutsy play, sometimes puts too much mustard into the simple stuff which can cause a misfire, needs to be reeled in and let those traits be harnessed by a good staff. Just like McNabb as a rookie. 

For all the hype about Young, Stroud, even Richardson...I think Hooker could become the best out of all of those guys with the right situation and staff.

But I will defer to @DaBoys on this one a bit. Still amazed at him seeing what he saw out of Josh Allen coming out of Wyo. I saw tremendous risk/reward, he flat out said he saw superstar. Still quite impressed with that eye on his potential.

2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Put me in on the Hooker bandwagon.

I watched a lot of him yesterday. Not highlights but full offensive series game by game. Takes me back quite a bit but I'm very much reminded of an old rival of our Cowboys, Syracuse's Donovan McNabb. The arm, the mobility, gutsy play, sometimes puts too much mustard into the simple stuff which can cause a misfire, needs to be reeled in and let those traits be harnessed by a good staff. Just like McNabb as a rookie. 

For all the hype about Young, Stroud, even Richardson...I think Hooker could become the best out of all of those guys with the right situation and staff.

But I will defer to @DaBoys on this one a bit. Still amazed at him seeing what he saw out of Josh Allen coming out of Wyo. I saw tremendous risk/reward, he flat out said he saw superstar. Still quite impressed with that eye on his potential.

I like Hooker quite a bit actually but what  I don’t like is that he’ll be 29 years old when his rookie contract is up… 😬🫤 Because of that reason I’m out on him in the first 3 rounds. In Rounds 1-3 I need someone who will be Hookers current age at the end of the rookie deal. Rounds 4-7 are a crap shoot anyway so I’m good with him there. I think a QB needy team will draft him in round 2 or 3 so I don’t expect him to be there when I’m comfortable taking a guy his age, and thus haven’t put a lot if stock into him.

Edited by DaBoys

55 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Not sure how accurate this is. There seems to be a lot of misreporting on top-30 vs other types of meetings. Rapoport reported that Josh Downs has been invited for zero top-30 visits, period.

Have we not talked about Darnell Wright enough? Doesn’t seem like a foregone conclusion that he’ll be off the board by #26. Watched some of him today, I really liked what I saw. Has had a terrific pre-draft process. Could start at guard as a rookie, could excel there his whole career, or be RT of the future.

IMO, I’d definitely take him over Torrence and Avila.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Not sure how accurate this is. There seems to be a lot of misreporting on top-30 vs other types of meetings. Rapoport reported that Josh Downs has been invited for zero top-30 visits, period.

Yeah, this year seems like it’s been far sketchier than previous years regarding who has visited. 

I hadn’t seen that info on Downs. Seems pretty hard to believe someone with his numbers hasn’t been brought in for a closer look by anyone.

1 hour ago, PincheJimmy said:

Who gets credit for that ? I know anything bad is Jerry’s fault no matter what , asking for a friend 

I know Jerry famously had the Jonny Manzel draft card yanked from his hand in 2014. Obviously most of the credit goes to Will McClay but you’d have to give Jerry some credit for hiring McClay in the first place as well as setting his pride aside to let his hires do their thing. Even if he did it reluctantly. The credit goes to Jerry, Stephen, and McClay.