**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I had the impression that Jonathan Mingo was a mid-late rounder. That guy is a top 100 pick in my book, easy. Probably better honestly.

He doesn’t have overwhelming college production, but other than that, there’s a lot to love. Explosive plays, deep speed, great feet, easy acceleration, can track the ball in the air. Not always the most consistent route runner, but does have routes that make you go “whoa”. Was used all over the formation at Ole Miss, so versatile. You can manufacture touches for him while he learns the position. Very good blocker. 9.97 RAS. I will not be shocked at all if he becomes on of the better WRs from this class.

We’ll see how the final visit list shakes out, but interesting that we have 4 potential round 1-2 WRs, but no TEs.

They might be thinking what we are all thinking when it comes to letting Ferguson and Hendershot ride. 

• Like 2

I think the Cowboys have locked into Emmanuel Forbes as their pick at 26. I originally thought he would be a bit of a reach at 26, but not anymore. Gilmore is a stopgap and probably not in the Cowboys long term plans. The team also loves Bland in the slot and shouldn’t want to move him. Drafting Forbes gives them another fast, ball hawking corner who can learn from Gilmore and eventually take over opposite of Diggs. It makes a lot of sense to me.

My biggest concern with Forbes is injuries due to his weight. Can you imagine him trying to tackle a prime Derrick Henry/Zeke running full speed at him? It’ll be Mike Jenkins all over again.

Edited by Tony7188

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

They might be thinking what we are all thinking when it comes to letting Ferguson and Hendershot ride. 

Which is why I didn’t think Mayer was worth 26. We have quality depth there. As much as I don’t like drafting RBs in the top 5, I think the value of Bijan at 26 is huge as he protects our average QB.

Personally, I’m locked in on Kancey and I hope he makes it to us at 26. We haven’t had a player with his athleticism at DT in a long time. 

4 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Which is why I didn’t think Mayer was worth 26. We have quality depth there. As much as I don’t like drafting RBs in the top 5, I think the value of Bijan at 26 is huge as he protects our average QB.

Personally, I’m locked in on Kancey and I hope he makes it to us at 26. We haven’t had a player with his athleticism at DT in a long time. 

I still think he represents decent value but he’s not my first choice. I’m all aboard the Forbes or Kancey train. Will accept Bijan as a 3rd option. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 12:36 AM, plan9misfit said:

I’m not sure about that. Philly hasn’t selected a RB in the first round of the draft since Keith Byars in 1986. They don’t value that position with high picks.

Just look at the RB position it's just like the Cowboys bridge contracts @ #10 it would be an OK position to pick the best rated RB ?

The Eagles have shown some pretty aggressive interest for Bijan, and likely assume it would take a 1st round pick to get him. Just google who has official visits with Bijan and you’ll get a litany of Eagles articles. 

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The Eagles have shown some pretty aggressive interest for Bijan, and likely assume it would take a 1st round pick to get him. Just google who has official visits with Bijan and you’ll get a litany of Eagles articles. 

Maybe they’re paying Google to run interference and help them with their smokescreens

• Like 1

Quentin Johnston - Top 30  
Zay Flowers - Top 30  
Jaylin Hyatt - Top 30  
Josh Downs - Top 30  
Jonathan Mingo - Top 30   
Cedric Tillman - Top 30
Tank Dell - Workout   
Rashee Rice - Dallas Day   
Marvin Mims - Dallas Day

If your prior was that the Brandin Cooks trade made it less likely we’d draft a WR early, time to adjust it.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Quentin Johnston - Top 30  
Zay Flowers - Top 30  
Jaylin Hyatt - Top 30  
Josh Downs - Top 30  
Jonathan Mingo - Top 30   
Cedric Tillman - Top 30
Tank Dell - Workout   
Rashee Rice - Dallas Day   
Marvin Mims - Dallas Day

If your prior was that the Brandin Cooks trade made it less likely we’d draft a WR early, time to adjust it.

You wonder if the all the retrograde “run the damn ball” stuff from McCarthy was a bit disingenuous. You look at his draft trends with GB and that team was always loading and reloading up at WR- albeit more on Day 2 than Day 1. I just hope there’s cohesion between the team building and the game planning

I would also take this as a sign that they’ve more or less written off Tolbert internally. Leaving very little room for a surprise breakout there if you add another Top 100 (esp. Top 60) pick to the mix

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I still think he represents decent value but he’s not my first choice. I’m all aboard the Forbes or Kancey train. Will accept Bijan as a 3rd option. 

I hesitate about Bijian but Forbes and Kancey would not depress me. But I would also add I would do a happy dance with OL Wright or Harrison.  I also am okay with WR but for some reason Flowers and Mingo don’t really do it for me

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I hesitate about Bijian but Forbes and Kancey would not depress me. But I would also add I would do a happy dance with OL Wright or Harrison.  

• DAL
    Steve Avila
    OG TCU
    trade icon
  • DAL
    Marvin Mims Jr.
    WR Oklahoma

• DAL
    Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)
    trade icon
  • DAL