Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

No.

How do you get down 33-0 at home to the Colts? Yes great comeback but you can also say epic collapse. Ryan collapsed in the Superbowl up 28-3 and he somehow topped that collapsing up 33-0. 

The Vikings are a better version of the 11-0 Steelers who got beat quickly in the playoffs that year. I don’t think the Vikings will get past the divisional round at best. That’s being optimistic bc I honestly think they will lose in the wildcard round to whomever they play.

Cousins isn’t that QB and this is coming from someone who thought the Vikings could go to the Superbowl before the season started due to O’Connell as HC installing the offense and the defense would be better. I just don’t believe in the Vikings from everything I’ve seen so far this season.

• Like 1

I don't know... Our defense has really sucked this year, but they weren't responsible for 14 of the points today and bad calls by the refs took 2 turnovers that should have been touchdowns away from them. They don't play like a championship defense but they weren't as bad as it looked on the surface today. I was fully expecting a Cowboys like outcome after the first half today, but they didn't quit. Are they real? Maybe, maybe not. Would I want to face them in the playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. If they can get their defense playing consistently they can hang with anyone. JJ is top 2 receiver and if KJ can play like he did today our offense can be that much more potent. I like our chances if the game is close. Cousins has shown that he's a tough SOB and clutch as hell. It all comes down to our defense, which can shut people down when needed. 

This is the same Colts defense thst gave up 33pts in a QT in a 2pt game going into the 4th vs Dallas. People are shocked it happened again with an entire 1/2 to be played?

I'd be hard pressed to name another opponent,  the Vikings make that comeback against in the NFL.  Not Houston,  not the Bears, maybe Denver??? Good for them.

Edited by Nabbs4u

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is the same Colts defense thst gave up 33pts in a QT in a 2pt game going into the 4th vs Dallas. People are shocked it happened again with an entire 1/2 to be played?

I'd be hard pressed to name another opponent,  the Vikings make that comeback against in the NFL.  Not Houston,  not the Bears, maybe Denver??? Good for them.

Our defense is too good to give up 33 in a half.

5 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Our defense is too good to give up 33 in a half.

I agree, was fishing for Ineptitude somewhere as bad as the Colts. Thought maybe Wilson could possibly give away 3 Defensive Tuddies.  🤷‍♂️😎

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

No.

How do you get down 33-0 at home to the Colts? Yes great comeback but you can also say epic collapse. Ryan collapsed in the Superbowl up 28-3 and he somehow topped that collapsing up 33-0. 

The Vikings are a better version of the 11-0 Steelers who got beat quickly in the playoffs that year. I don’t think the Vikings will get past the divisional round at best. That’s being optimistic bc I honestly think they will lose in the wildcard round to whomever they play.

Cousins isn’t that QB and this is coming from someone who thought the Vikings could go to the Superbowl before the season started due to O’Connell as HC installing the offense and the defense would be better. I just don’t believe in the Vikings from everything I’ve seen so far this season.

So we’ve gone from “no, Cousins doesn’t come back from a deficit and win you games in big moments” to “no, Cousins let them get down with a huge deficit which good QBs don’t do.”

If this were KC or Buffalo we would never stop hearing the endless Mahomes/Allen worship. But because Cousins is one of the forums' whipping boys the Vikings are just lucky frauds.

This Vikings team is resilient as hell. KOC is COTY.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

No, their defense is incredibly soft and has been easy for any good offense to rip through. However, they've had big timely stops all year, so they're capable on making plays, but we've yet to see a complete game from their D.

OL is weak, and the top 3 NFC contenders feature ferocious pass rushes.

I mean they are "for real" in that they are a playoff caliber team, any given Sunday, but they're not as real as that 11-3 mark would indicate. I would assume they are the 1st ever 11-3 team w/ a +2 point differential. That tells you 1 of 2 things: 1. "for real" teams don't exclusively win 1 score games, they put it away before clock hits 0. 2. "for real" teams don't lose 40-3 at home to contenders. Or both.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No, their defense is incredibly soft and has been easy for any good offense to rip through. However, they've had big timely stops all year, so they're capable on making plays, but we've yet to see a complete game from their D.

OL is weak, and the top 3 NFC contenders feature ferocious pass rushes.

I mean they are "for real" in that they are a playoff caliber team, any given Sunday, but they're not as real as that 11-3 mark would indicate. I would assume they are the 1st ever 11-3 team w/ a +2 point differential. That tells you 1 of 2 things: 1. "for real" teams don't exclusively win 1 score games, they put it away before clock hits 0. 2. "for real" teams don't lose 40-3 at home to contenders. Or both.

I guess KC isn't for real because most of their wins are come from behind and pulling a rabbit out of their ***.

You do realize the Dallas game came right after an emotional come back upset against the new league darlings and a long wing streak, right?

People did the same writing off towards Cincy last season and they ended up coming a couple of minutes short of winning the SB.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I guess KC isn't for real because most of their wins are come from behind and pulling a rabbit out of their ***.

You do realize the Dallas game came right after an emotional come back upset against the new league darlings and a long wing streak, right?

People did the same writing off towards Cincy last season and the ended up coming a couple of minutes short of winning the SB.

This Vikings team reminds me of last years Raiders team with a slightly better offense. They too were very good at winning 1 score games.

However as pointed out above having a +2 point differential,  not even the 21' Raiders had nor that Bengals team above you felt the need to reference. That will not fly IMO for 4 games in the playoffs. Against better more rounded teams then these pitiful Colts.

Now does that mean they are incapable of winning it all, of course not. They could pull a 06' Colts where the Defense miraculously out of nowhere stepped up come playoffs and helped Manning finally win a SB.

There's still a lot of football left to be played over the next 4-8 weeks. A lot can change.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So we’ve gone from “no, Cousins doesn’t come back from a deficit and win you games in big moments” to “no, Cousins let them get down with a huge deficit which good QBs don’t do.”

Ive always said Cousins choke in primetime games or playoff games. He did manage to beat the Saints in New Orleans in a playoff game but does that change anything for him? Nope. He would have to do what Stafford did last season and go win four playoff games (three of which Stafford literally had to go down the field and win it on the last drive) in order for Cousins to change my mind and others mind about him.

As crazy as this sounds, Saturday's game against the Colts was no pressure on Cousins. Thats why its even shocking to me they were down 33-0. They shouldve been up 33-0. He wasnt playing a great team, he was at home, this wasnt a typical primetime game like SNF or MNF or even TNF and this wasnt the playoffs. This was an early game and yes it was a stand alone game on a Saturday but again no pressure on him. Even if the Vikings wouldve lost this game they still wouldve clinched the division next week or eventually so nobody can say that was the pressure.

So all Im saying is Im personally not moving the goalpost on Cousins. It was a great comeback on him but one can say it was more of an epic collapse on the Colts. Saturday shouldnt have gotten the head coaching job, Ryan is cooked and he also once gave up a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl so I put nothing past him. Plus the Colts right now are a disaster. Again thats why the Vikings shouldve never been down 33-0 to the Colts. It says alot about the head coach in O'Connell and the QB in Cousins that the looked lifeless for the 1st half. The great teams and even some good teams wouldve been up by at least 2 tds against the Colts at home. They wouldnt be down by nearly 5tds at the half.

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This Vikings team reminds me of last years Raiders team with a slightly better offense. They too were very good at winning 1 score games.

However as pointed out above having a +2 point differential,  not even the 21' Raiders had nor that Bengals team above you felt the need to reference. That will not fly IMO for 4 games in the playoffs. Against better more rounded teams then these pitiful Colts.

Now does that mean they are incapable of winning it all, of course not. They could pull a 06' Colts where the Defense miraculously out of nowhere stepped up come playoffs and helped Manning finally win a SB.

There's still a lot of football left to be played over the next 4-8 weeks. A lot can change.

Bob Sanders coming back for the Colts in the playoffs was probably the reason that team was able to muster enough fuel to not completely crumble during the stretch run. Vikings don't have an ace in their pocket like that to come save them. But they need to figure it out.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ive always said Cousins choke in primetime games or playoff games. He did manage to beat the Saints in New Orleans in a playoff game but does that change anything for him? Nope. He would have to do what Stafford did last season and go win four playoff games (three of which Stafford literally had to go down the field and win it on the last drive) in order for Cousins to change my mind and others mind about him.

As crazy as this sounds, Saturday's game against the Colts was no pressure on Cousins. Thats why it’s even shocking to me they were down 33-0. They shouldve been up 33-0. He wasnt playing a great team, he was at home, this wasnt a typical primetime game like SNF or MNF or even TNF and this wasnt the playoffs.

The point is, and I agree with @biggie.on this, that nobody would be saying any of this if it were Mahomes, Allen, Brady etc. Because it’s Kirk “1pm” Cousins we have to find ways to discredit the biggest comeback in history from his side.