Saints QB Jameis Winston playing with 4 fractures in back

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, I highly doubt Jameis is coordinating an illegal scheme with the state government to siphon welfare funds into his alma mater for his own personal gain.

I mean, the crab legs, so basically the same thing.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

OH you meant on the football field? Yeah, that's actually pretty accurate.

I don't see this one. Winston hasn't as of yet disgraced the integrity of the game by letting his friend get easy sacks against him in order to break an NFL record.

TL;DR they both expose themselves to women who don't want it

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

This explains those uncharacteristic interceptions. 

I mean when he was healthy last season he was fairly safe with the football and this year he was safe with the football vs Atlanta.  Vs the Bucs it was simply Quicksand.  They got behind when the offense was already struggling, moving the ball in slow/controlled plays, and being put down a TD by the refs walking Brady down the field on bs calls they just tried to do too much leading to them struggling and sinking faster.  If the Bucs didn't get gifted a TD or even was restricted to a FG there, I think the Saints would've continued their slow grind hoping to win a game with a score of 6-3 or 9-6 etc.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, I highly doubt Jameis is coordinating an illegal scheme with the state government to siphon welfare funds into his alma mater for his own personal gain.

OH you meant on the football field? Yeah, that's actually pretty accurate.

Favre is a 3 time MVP. What the hell lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kokichi said:

What a warrior.

The Saints have an excellent defense, so if Winston limits his INTs, I could see the Saints making a big run.

Especially when he heals up more.

Prior to last game Jameis Winston had 3 interceptions total in 8 starts with the Saints. He’s shown signs that he can play within the system and limit poor decisions/forced throws leading to turnovers. Whether or not he maintains that obviously remains to be seen. A poor game against a top defense playing with fractures in his back certainly isn’t going to cause too much panic for me.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, tyler735 said:

Prior to last game Jameis Winston had 3 interceptions total in 8 starts with the Saints. He’s shown signs that he can play within the system and limit poor decisions/forced throws leading to turnovers. Whether or not he maintains that obviously remains to be seen. A poor game against a top defense playing with fractures in his back certainly isn’t going to cause too much panic for me.

You mean when Sean Payton took the ball out of his hands and made him a game manger who barely threw it 20 times a game 

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You mean when Sean Payton took the ball out of his hands and made him a game manger who barely threw it 20 times a game 

Yeah he had him playing more conservatively with an offense featuring Callaway, Smith, and Hardy as his top 3 WR’s. He went 5-2 as a starter playing as a “game manager” with that WR group. Despite that he still accounted for 15 total touchdowns in 7 games last year.

Ideally now with Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, and Jarvis Landry to throw to this season we will be able to find a happy medium in terms of how he played with the Bucs in Arians offense and how he played with us last season in terms of gameplan for him.

No Saints fan is expecting him to be a top tier QB, but a competent QB playing within the system that can at times make big throws when needed is all we are looking for with all the talent around him on both sides of the ball. Obviously his “gunslinger” mentality will come out from time to time, but he has mostly limited that in his time with the Saints.

Edited by tyler735

14 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah he had him playing more conservatively with an offense featuring Callaway, Smith, and Hardy as his top 3 WR’s. He went 5-2 as a starter playing as a “game manager” with that WR group. Despite that he still accounted for 15 total touchdowns in 7 games last year.

Ideally now with Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, and Jarvis Landry to throw to this season we will be able to find a happy medium in terms of how he played with the Bucs in Arians offense and how he played with us last season in terms of gameplan for him.

No Saints fan is expecting him to be a top tier QB, but a competent QB playing within the system that can at times make big throws when needed is all we are looking for with all the talent around him on both sides of the ball. Obviously his “gunslinger” mentality will come out from time to time, but he has mostly limited that in his time with the Saints.

The defense went 5-2 he was a game manager. Even then he was throwing stupid passes. Like against the pats in the redzone where he’s getting sacked and throws a prayer to the redzone that his WR caught. I’m like ok he never changed lol. His accuracy is still terrible as well

Its  like Jay cutler, you’re gonna hope he eventually turns it around but it will never happen. It’s best to just move on and not waist anyone’s time if your serious about competing for championships. 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

The defense went 5-2 he was a game manager. Even then he was throwing stupid passes. Like against the pats in the redzone where he’s getting sacked and throws a prayer to the redzone that his WR caught. I’m like ok he never changed lol. His accuracy is still terrible as well

No we don’t just get to discredit him having 15 touchdowns in 7 games last season by saying the defense was responsible for us going 5-2. We have a great defense no doubt, but Jameis made some key plays in those games as well.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Its  like Jay cutler, you’re gonna hope he eventually turns it around but it will never happen. It’s best to just move on and not waist anyone’s time if your serious about competing for championships. 

I see him more as a Jared Goff type QB. He has his faults, but if he plays within the system you can be competitive with him with a great team around him.

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

No we don’t just get to discredit him having 15 touchdowns in 7 games last season by saying the defense was responsible for us going 5-2. We have a great defense no doubt, but Jameis made some key plays in those games as well.

I see him more as a Jared Goff type QB. He has his faults, but if he plays within the system you can be competitive with him with a great team around him.

I’m “discrediting” him because he averaged around 22 passes a game. That’s game managing in 2021. It should be noted 5 of those touchdowns were in one game. The offense sucked and the defense was the driving force for those wins. 

Nah Goff is way more accurate and less interception prone. Goff was also better at his best then Jameis was. Goff is a bottom tier transitional starter now too so I don’t think that’s the comp you wanna make