Week 3 GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Denver Broncos

paul-mac

This feels like the same broncos team that we have seen for the last 10 years. Defense that comes to play and would be extremely difficult to beat with a halfway competent offense. As frustrating as it is as a fan, I can only imagine how some of the broncos veterans on the defense feel. 

One of the reasons I am beyond happy that Von was able to get another championship last year and is on a team that could get there again this year.

Honestly other than Wilson and to an extent MG3, everything kinda went to plan tonight. No silly penalties or timeouts, amazing defense, some good run game even despite SF stacking the box. Wilson was poor but at least made some plays on that last drive. Ugly but they all count 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, Forge said:

The 49ers are probably better off in the passing game with Jimmy as opposed to Lance if we are talking play by play basis. Far less variance. It's not as versatile because Jimmy is far more limited in where he can throw it, but should be far more efficient

That Didnt Age Well GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

Real quick post game reaction. For the optimism I had at the end of the 1st half for the offense, it mostly dissipated the second half. I am still encouraged by the drastically improved game management but the offense got absolutely nothing rolling all game. Russ missed open targets, our play sequencing didn't confuse the 49ers at all, and we needed Russ's magic to get even a single drive together. I've backed up Gordon a lot for his overblown fumbles up to this point, but this game proved he deserves the flack he gets for them. I can't believe coaches still put him out there after he almost gave the ball away for the 3rd time. 

Defense, there's not much to say. Amazing from top to bottom, coaching to players. DJ Jones went out and we didn't miss a beat. 

Special Teams, Waitman proved to us all why he won the punting battle. And I 100% attribute the muffed punt at the end of the game due to his left foot. 

I still hope we can make improvements and get to where we need to by the end of the year and these nail biters are only going to make us a more resilient team while keeping the winning column moving forward. 

• Like 1