Outrageous post by Jamin

RSkinGM

4 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He was a raw tools needs development prospect and lord knows we don’t do any developing here. Probably would be a pro-bowler if the Steelers or someone drafted him 

Or they at least would've had the means to replace him. Not be forced to continue starting him because we took a 24-year old back up DT in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

There are a lot of 23 year olds that wash out of the NFL quickly too. 

He should focus on not blowing his assignments and not worrying about social media. 

His coaching staff should be helping him develop instead of saying he’s not good enough when he keeps flashing at certain things! He blew up two plays in the backfield. And he covers better then the rest. That might not say much maximize your roster. Davis is a talented piece and we keep seeing flashes because the talent is as plain as day right there!!! If your DC can’t get it out of him and your DB’s that’s a longer running issue then just Jamin or a few DB’s missing assignments. Honestly as much as McCain is out of position I’d personally risk Butler blowing a play or two and coaching him up and really focus on adding his speed and physicality to Forrest and Curl when he’s back because Forrest is all over the field. Constantly calling things to DB’s.

I know Ron is a patient fair person. But realistically Jack has a 2-6 game window. I’d prefer to see this defense with a healthy Chase and Curl too see where we really are. But if Jack was too call out another player publicly or we get curb stomped by Philly and Dallas I’d cut it in 2. But Ron really needs to consider Vic Fangio. Vic runs a similar defense to what they ran in Carolina. There’s a fit and I do think while we highlight what we haven’t brought in every year this roster is younger faster and brighter. Leaders are taking shape and there is improvements. We can say you have 3 years but your crazy to believe outside of having a Mahomes or Josh Allen we were never turning this culture team locker room around in 3 years. We haven’t sacrificed our future or done anything to stop us from making a play if THE guy is available if they want to upgrade Wentz. 

All in all the offense has a ton of room to grow. With the lack of overall draft picks spent on that side I’d say it’s pretty impressive knowing we can only go up with a top tier player added on the OL. Ron might not be everyone’s flavor and I don’t agree with everything. But I think he is doing as good as he can entrusting his staff to do their jobs. With that I think Ron has to get this defense headed a different voice because the results and return on investment isn’t there under Jack as they weren’t with Sam Mills as DL coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He won't be on the team next year. I mean, JDR probably won't either but it is what it is. Total disaster of a first round pick. 

JDR clearly can do no wrong. The leash for him is extremely long. Allowing WRs/TEs/RBs to run free because of poor scheming is clearly a player issue. 8-12 yard cushions, players fault. 4-2-5 base defense, players fault. Dropping pass rushers into coverage, players fault. I could go on for days. The root of the problem is the signal caller. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

JDR clearly can do no wrong. The leash for him is extremely long. Allowing WRs/TEs/RBs to run free because of poor scheming is clearly a player issue. 8-12 yard cushions, players fault. 4-2-5 base defense, players fault. Dropping pass rushers into coverage, players fault. I could go on for days. The root of the problem is the signal caller. 

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

He’s not going to last much longer. He already embarrassed the organization this off-season. It’s going to end in a couple weeks I bet. Probably just giving Harris time to get ready. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

He was a raw tools needs development prospect and lord knows we don’t do any developing here. Probably would be a pro-bowler if the Steelers or someone drafted him 

I don’t know, the Steelers haven’t developed Devin Bush who they traded up for in the 1st round of the 2013 draft.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know, the Steelers haven’t developed Devin Bush who they traded up for in the 1st round of the 2013 draft.

Sometimes you get the pick wrong. It is what it is. Even the best teams in the league missed. We missed. The worst thing you can do when you miss on a first round pick is trying to wait it out like its going to miraculously get better. It rarely happens. Not having a fallback option is totally on Ron. There was no excuse for passing on Harris, Anderson, Muma and Dean. None whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sometimes you get the pick wrong. It is what it is. Even the best teams in the league missed. We missed. The worst thing you can do when you miss on a first round pick is trying to wait it out like its going to miraculously get better. It rarely happens. Not having a fallback option is totally on Ron. There was no excuse for passing on Harris, Anderson, Muma and Dean. None whatsoever. 

Apparently Rivera changed his tune on Jamin this week.

• Like 1