Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

Another interesting tidbit that was recently brought to my attention.

It will be curious to see how the Texans view CJ Stroud and vice versa. CJ is represented by Dave Mulugheta, the same guy who represents Deshaun Watson. Could the Texans be weary of dealing with another QB represented by Mulugheta? Will Mulugheta try to pull strings to ensure his QB doesn't end up in Houston?

That will be a fascinatingc storyline to watch as things unfold. I cant wait to see just how high the price will go for the right to draft a QB who will weigh 185 on opening day. Good luck protecting him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Did you watch the edge rushers/dline work out? Some are saying this could be as stacked as the 2011 class. IMO #11 will be prime positioning if all 4 QBs go in the top 10. Someone will want an edge rusher. Or if the top 10 is littered with QBS and pass rushers, we could have the top non QB or edge rusher sitting at #11.

I still like the idea of drafting an edge player and stacking strength on strength. Aim to have one of the best pass rushes in the league.

Yea, I just feel the top tier of those edge rushers will go in the top 10. If we are going to go D early, which I actually don't mind, I would rather us go CB. I feel if anything we may have a chance to grab one of the best CBs, but even then it may be tough with Philly right in front of us.

It feels like we are right on the outside looking in.

We shall see, things will change, surprises will happen. I hope you are right. Hope we have great options, just a little worried with the spot we are at now.

I do think you can get a real good CB or edge in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Just a matter of if you got your eye on a specific one. 

At 11 I'd rather trade down if possible and get a few of those good players. Might not be the HOF elite guy. But will be a good pro. 

Unless they just love a QB. 

I would pay for an OT in free agency and draft interior guys. I think they can become good faster than an LT/RT. 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I continue to think Richardson will be soooooo much better than people think. 

Likely the best from the class or most successful. 

You a victim of the combine hype 😮💨 bless yo heart he’s a whole project & besides Josh Allen I don’t know how many coaches can teach accuracy 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Take it from a die hard Florida fan he not it, mechanics are bad pocket awareness can’t read defenses & wildly inaccurate 

I've heard you say that a couple times. I just have this wild thought about the draft and rookies. They aren't finished products. Call me crazy. lol

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've heard you say that a couple times. I just have this wild thought about the draft and rookies. They aren't finished products. Call me crazy. lol

That’s true but I’d reacher take my chances in the 1st to 2nd round on guys who produced 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

That’s true but I’d reacher take my chances in the 1st to 2nd round on guys who produced 

Definitely a risk. No doubt. 

If you research and believe he is a worker and you have some people who can teach, then it's a good risk. If he comes in and has no interest or lacks the ability to learn how to read a defense better or clean up footwork, then pass on him.

12 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You a victim of the combine hype 😮💨 bless yo heart he’s a whole project & besides Josh Allen I don’t know how many coaches can teach accuracy 

For me its the lack of experience. The list of 1st round QB draft busts is extensive. Its a lottery ticket... but the track record of guys who only have 1 year of starting experience is especially atrocious. I'd be scared to do it. 

Also arent we as Titans fans ever gonna get tired of the big, strong, QB who can run all day, but also makes us hold our breath every time he drops back to throw? I'm so over it...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

For me its the lack of experience. The list of 1st round QB draft busts is extensive. Its a lottery ticket... but the track record of guys who only have 1 year of starting experience is especially atrocious. I'd be scared to do it. 

Also arent we as Titans fans ever gonna get tired of the big, strong, QB who can run all day, but also makes us hold our breath every time he drops back to throw? I'm so over it...

Bingo right on the head, it took McNair 7 yrs to become a pocket passer 

4 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I'm not saying I want him. I'm just thinking he might be the most successful. What that success look like? Who knows. Could be Cam like or it could be Josh Allen like. 
I'll be following his career with interest.