Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

The McNair took 7 years thing is all about the system...Fisher's philosophy(also Vrabel's) of 1980's football stunted his development. Look no further than Goff, under Fisher was a huge flop, one year later he looks good for LA and gets them in the SB. If you never ask a guy to do things, he likely never will. 

Perhaps that is a great reason for us to not draft Richardson, but to label him a someone who can't be developed is unfair to him. I keep saying it but I don't remember guys thinking Hurts was going to be MVP caliber. I legit thought he would not even be a viable backup in the NFL, so don't go by anything I say!!

6 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

The McNair took 7 years thing is all about the system...Fisher's philosophy(also Vrabel's) of 1980's football stunted his development. Look no further than Goff, under Fisher was a huge flop, one year later he looks good for LA and gets them in the SB. If you never ask a guy to do things, he likely never will. 

Perhaps that is a great reason for us to not draft Richardson, but to label him a someone who can't be developed is unfair to him. I keep saying it but I don't remember guys thinking Hurts was going to be MVP caliber. I legit thought he would not even be a viable backup in the NFL, so don't go by anything I say!!

McNair mechanics weren’t bad as Richardson coming out plus had more starting experience. The McNair taken 7yrs to develop was more so sarcasm because we suck at developing raw QB’s. Of course system plays a role in developing players 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Man I've seen this movie.

In a few years Anthony Richardson will be playing WR like Terrell Pryor. 

richardson might be bad but this is one of the laziest comparisons i think i've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

richardson might be bad but this is one of the laziest comparisons i think i've ever seen.

Both were overhyped based on physical attributes.

Its also lazy to assume that he will magically be Josh Allen with a year of seasoning, but that opinion is everywhere

Edited by Chocolateman78

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Both were overhyped based on physical attributes.

great, so are a lot of players. it says nothing about who richardson is as a prospect. he's a ridiculous risk that i wouldn't feel great taking, but there's next to no chance he ever gets relegated to playing WR and he's not similar to pryor at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

great, so are a lot of players. it says nothing about who richardson is as a prospect. he's a ridiculous risk that i wouldn't feel great taking, but there's next to no chance he ever gets relegated to playing WR and he's not similar to pryor at all.

Why, because Pryor didn't make it? They're both big strong running QBs with elite athleticism for the position. In fact they're almost clones physically. Both were considered major projects coming in. Rocket Arms, but deficiencies in accuracy, pocket awareness, mechanics, reading defenses, etc. But both were 6'5 with sub 4.4 speed. I;m not going to pretend to know the intangibles but on baseline the comparison is very valid.

Now I understand comps to Josh Allen or Cam Newton as well, but he VERY WELL could be Terrelle Pryor if drafted into the wrong spot. 

19 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Why, because Pryor didn't make it? They're both big strong running QBs with elite athleticism for the position. In fact they're almost clones physically. Both were considered major projects coming in. Rocket Arms, but deficiencies in accuracy, pocket awareness, mechanics, reading defenses, etc. But both were 6'5 with sub 4.4 speed. I;m not going to pretend to know the intangibles but on baseline the comparison is very valid.

Now I understand comps to Josh Allen or Cam Newton as well, but he VERY WELL could be Terrelle Pryor if drafted into the wrong spot. 

richardson's pocket awareness is not a weakness. he had one of the lowest pressure-to-sack ratios in college football last season and frequently exhibited good pocket movement, the ability to slide, step up while keeping his eyes downfield, etc. he also has displayed more success running pro-style concepts and making post-snap reads than pryor, though that's still a very inconsistent part of his game. pryor, however, was strictly a one-read-and-go QB. the biggest red flags are footwork and accuracy (which are obviously interrelated). that's a huge contrast with pryor even before we get to intangibles, which by all accounts are night and day.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 3:27 PM, KingTitan said:

I'm back on kinda wanting Hooker.

Trade Tannehill. Let Willis and Hooker battle it out.  Sign some OL in FA and draft. 

See what happens. Be in position for 2024 QB. 

I ****s wit this if hooker or Willis flash we have a QB & can draft capital & cap space to work with