Cowboys @ Midgets

textaz03

21 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I have to admit, it is overwhelmingly refreshing to see this franchise compete and even win after sustaining injuries to multiple key players.

Mike McCarthy a good head coach 

Gave y’all the best Dallas team in years last season, adjusted this season by running more . I mean the Dallas D playing amazing and the coaching staff is good.

as a Wsh fan I’m jealous we are going be a 5 win team, wentz gets benched or released . 
a lot of bad things going in Washington soon

the name change was one thing but the humiliation keeps going 

2 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Mike McCarthy a good head coach 

Gave y’all the best Dallas team in years last season, adjusted this season by running more . I mean the Dallas D playing amazing and the coaching staff is good.

as a Wsh fan I’m jealous we are going be a 5 win team, wentz gets benched or released . 
a lot of bad things going in Washington soon

the name change was one thing but the humiliation keeps going 

McCarthy does not make the offensive calls, Moore does. And the game preparation, game management, clock management, team discipline and accountability (penalty count is sky high since he took over), qnd depth development have all been pretty atrocious.

McCarthy ran a great offense with A. Rodgers, but was also known for these same problems in Green Bay - its why Rodgers got him ran out of town. He is not a very good head coach. Hes a head coach who was carried to a title by one of the best QBs of all time and probably kept that same QB from winning at least one more.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

McCarthy does not make the offensive calls, Moore does. And the game preparation, game management, clock management, team discipline and accountability (penalty count is sky high since he took over), qnd depth development have all been pretty atrocious.

McCarthy ran a great offense with A. Rodgers, but was also known for these same problems in Green Bay - its why Rodgers got him ran out of town. He is not a very good head coach. Hes a head coach who was carried to a title by one of the best QBs of all time and probably kept that same QB from winning at least one more.

Trust me

He’s the best coach you guys have had since parcel. 

And I rather have him than Ron Rivera .

And considering you are 2-1 when most people pinned you guys to go 0-3 I’d say he deserves a lot more credit.

Although next week is a trap game for y’all. If Washington pass protection can settle in it’d be the most talented offense you’d be going up against .

Edited by IHatesnyder

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Trust me

He’s the best coach you guys have had since parcel. 

And I rather have him than Ron Rivera .

And considering you are 2-1 when most people pinned you guys to go 0-3 I’d say he deserves a lot more credit.

Although next week is a trap game for y’all. If Washington pass protection can settle in it’d be the most talented offense you’d be going up against .

I mean, Wade Phillips made some pretty good game management choices and ran a good D to boot. I think he goes a little undervalued in terms of what he brought to Dallas. Especially he was exactly what this team needed at the time following Parcells military style camp, drills and regime. And JG wasnt so much a bad coach as he was pretty generic in his approach and was really more of a supervisor who let his team do the actual coaching. But still fell one bad ref call short of a legit chance at a SB. And one miracle A rodgers throw away from probably another one. Something to be said for that.

If I had to rank the guys since old Bill, meh. I dunno. Thatd be hard for me. I wasnt very fond of any of them, but all offered something to hang onto in a way. Id have a tough time ranking them..but i likely wouldnt put McCarthy first, thats for sure. At least Wade made good management choices, and Garrett really built a concept of team work and hard work that the team lost under Wade and brought the team to the very cusp of special where it fell.short in due to no part of his own. And Mike, sure, 2 of his 3 here have been with syarting QB injuries...and he still keeps the ship as right as it could be given the situation..i dunno.

You have honestly stumped me on how Id rank them, man.

45 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I mean, Wade Phillips made some pretty good game management choices and ran a good D to boot. I think he goes a little undervalued in terms of what he brought to Dallas. Especially he was exactly what this team needed at the time following Parcells military style camp, drills and regime. And JG wasnt so much a bad coach as he was pretty generic in his approach and was really more of a supervisor who let his team do the actual coaching. But still fell one bad ref call short of a legit chance at a SB. And one miracle A rodgers throw away from probably another one. Something to be said for that.

If I had to rank the guys since old Bill, meh. I dunno. Thatd be hard for me. I wasnt very fond of any of them, but all offered something to hang onto in a way. Id have a tough time ranking them..but i likely wouldnt put McCarthy first, thats for sure. At least Wade made good management choices, and Garrett really built a concept of team work and hard work that the team lost under Wade and brought the team to the very cusp of special where it fell.short in due to no part of his own. And Mike, sure, 2 of his 3 here have been with syarting QB injuries...and he still keeps the ship as right as it could be given the situation..i dunno.

You have honestly stumped me on how Id rank them, man.

Wade Phillips wasn’t bad but that cowboys defense wasn’t like the one you guys have now or last year . Also that cowboys team was much more talented and had a way more superior offense .

witten

TO

romo

glenn

barber the Barbarian 

top Ten OL

newman

Anthonty spencer 

roy Williams 

pacman

the 2007 cowboys was the best team I’ve seen from you guys . But that team last year and this year are very good also . Wade Phillips had more talent to work with .

1 hour ago, IHatesnyder said:

Wade Phillips wasn’t bad but that cowboys defense wasn’t like the one you guys have now or last year . Also that cowboys team was much more talented and had a way more superior offense .

witten

TO

romo

glenn

barber the Barbarian 

top Ten OL

newman

Anthonty spencer 

roy Williams 

pacman

the 2007 cowboys was the best team I’ve seen from you guys . But that team last year and this year are very good also . Wade Phillips had more talent to work with .

While the offense back then was pretty loaded, you cant ignore how many of those named players were actually a bit overpaid and overrated. Barber was a hell of a closer, but no true 3 down bellcow like we have seen from Zeke. Spencer was essentially always a horseshoe rusher...close, but never quite there. Roy Williams, one of my fave players of that era, couldnt cover a table with a table cloth. Good team, but the argument could be made that this squad has just as much starpower on offense and defense as that one.

Especially if you account for last year before moving Amari and letting Gregory leave. That was a hell of a squad too. With a better ground game and a deeper rotation of rushers on D. And what cost us a playoff win? Poor game management, shabby play calling, and a failure to adjust in the second half to the constant pressure up the middle that left Dak running for his life almost every pass play call. 

Not saying Phillips > McCarthy. But I am saying both have brought different things to the team at the right time, and both brought quirks that have really hindered the team just as much.

I wanted Vrabel a few years ago. Now I am hopeful for DeMeco Ryans or Duce Staley in the near future.

46 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

While the offense back then was pretty loaded, you cant ignore how many of those named players were actually a bit overpaid and overrated. Barber was a hell of a closer, but no true 3 down bellcow like we have seen from Zeke. Spencer was essentially always a horseshoe rusher...close, but never quite there. Roy Williams, one of my fave players of that era, couldnt cover a table with a table cloth. Good team, but the argument could be made that this squad has just as much starpower on offense and defense as that one.

Especially if you account for last year before moving Amari and letting Gregory leave. That was a hell of a squad too. With a better ground game and a deeper rotation of rushers on D. And what cost us a playoff win? Poor game management, shabby play calling, and a failure to adjust in the second half to the constant pressure up the middle that left Dak running for his life almost every pass play call. 

Not saying Phillips > McCarthy. But I am saying both have brought different things to the team at the right time, and both brought quirks that have really hindered the team just as much.

I wanted Vrabel a few years ago. Now I am hopeful for DeMeco Ryans or Duce Staley in the near future.

Idk dude

guess we have a different opinion 

I wouldn’t want to let go of a guy who has my team 2-1 with a top 10 defense . At this point Mike McCarthy is staying if u guys make the playoffs while Ron Rivera and wentz will be gone .

Washington probably going hire Eric Beinemy .

8 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Not going to extol McCarthy’s virtues too much, but, depth development? 

We’ve only cut 4 of the 27 draft picks made since McCarthy was hired, including just 1 in the last 2 years out of 20 players selected. I mean more than half the team at this point is comprised of young guys acquired by the “new regime.”

Incorporated a UDFA rookie TE last night alongside our 4th rounder. Won multiple games with Cooper Rush. Noah Brown is apparently a capable WR2 now. Getting by with rookies, mid-rounders, UDFAs, 40 year olds and Zack Martin on the OL. ST unit has had a huge turnaround from the last Garrett year and is one of the league’s best now. I’m just not sure what else you’re looking for as far as “depth development”- an offense full of second stringers has looked pretty sharp recently, to say nothing of the defense

Team needs its star players to stay healthy and play well to have a chance- AFAIC the coaching staff has positioned the supporting cast about as well as one could reasonably hope for

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

This is another statement where context is very important and yet neglected entirely.

i am not saying Tyler has not played well, because in run blocking and pulling he has been one of the best this season especially when he had Peters trap the inside for him so he only had to focus on sealing the edge. And Im not saying he hasnt protected well either, because aside from some mechanical issues, with a bit of help he has done well too.

But please dont confuse his matchup of undersized Thibadoux in his first NFL action and good but not special Ojulari with what Neal had to deal with in Lawrence and Parsons. Those are two proven all pro caliber rushers. If im a rookie OT, or any OT, id rather face Thibadoux and Ojulari 100 times out of a 100 over Parsons and Lawrence (and Armstrong and Fowler and Barr and Odighizuwa joinrd in off the edge too). 

Context, man. It is important.

Evan Neal has been bad for 3 weeks now. But also, it was a just a fun hypothetical at the expense of NYG. Womp, womp.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

38 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Not going to extol McCarthy’s virtues too much, but, depth development? 

We’ve only cut 4 of the 27 draft picks made since McCarthy was hired, including just 1 in the last 2 years out of 20 players selected. I mean more than half the team at this point is comprised of young guys acquired by the “new regime.”

Incorporated a UDFA rookie TE last night alongside our 4th rounder. Won multiple games with Cooper Rush. Noah Brown is apparently a capable WR2 now. Getting by with rookies, mid-rounders, UDFAs, 40 year olds and Zack Martin on the OL. ST unit has had a huge turnaround from the last Garrett year and is one of the league’s best now. I’m just not sure what else you’re looking for as far as “depth development”- an offense full of second stringers has looked pretty sharp recently, to say nothing of the defense

Team needs its star players to stay healthy and play well to have a chance- AFAIC the coaching staff has positioned the supporting cast about as well as one could reasonably hope for

Well, depth development mostly falls on the position coaches.

And yes, 37 of 52 are drafted players which is great. But in year 3, Biadasz is still playing flat? A guy with all the talent of Fehoko and the lack of two starters at receiver, and he has only like 2 career catches? How about those 2 corners from Day 2 of the draft from last year, only one ever really sees the field and when he does he is usually out of position in coverage and making a tackle after allowing the catch. 

Its things like that, that I speak of. The development of those non-first round selections is just ... not really where it should be. We can applaud 37 of 52 being drafted guys. But if only 13 or 15 of those 37 ever really see the field outside of some irrelevant spots on special teams, does thst 37 really matter? 37 of 52 sounds tremendous. Until you realize how few of those actually see meaningful game time. 

I think off the top of my head 15 draft picks see meaningful time. Of them, its half that or less that were selected with McCarthy here (without writing it all out and going on just a quick brainstorm). And most of those-- Cee Dee, Tyler, Parsons-- were first round picks expected to be polished snd ready to play. Majority of guys even going back to JGs last year, but majority of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round guys dont get much play time. Sure, they are on the roster. Some even get a few rotation spot duties, like Odighizuwa or Joseph. But the development of those kinds of guys just isnt really there. 37 of 52 ... but too few of that 37 actually matter in a game. This roster has been notoriously top heavy for too long.

But yeah, a big part of that does indeed fall on the position coaches. They are more hands on. The days of Bill Parcells types of HCs whonare hands on at every position are long, long, Looooong over. But, who hires said position coaches? Usually the head guy.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

@Nextyearfordaboyz

Got bored LOL ok so

drafted starters on offense:

Dak, CeeDee, Noah (iffy as he isnt a true starter but ill include him), Schultz, Tyler, Biadasz, Zeke, Martin. Of them, Tyler, Martin, Zeke and Lamb were 1st rounders and not part of what im trying to say - since ive said i wasnt speaking of all the 1st round guys we have held onto and part of what holds us back (overpaying to keep us front loaded because the depth doesnt develop) - and of those remaining, what is it, 1, that was actually picked under Mike? And exactly how good is Biadasz? So inconsistent that we took another mid round Center in hopes of replacing soon, and so iffy that he actually juggled as starter with some vet whos name i cant even remember. 

Now, offensive rotation draftees...Fehoko? Only out there cause of injuries. Hasnt done anything notable. Ferguson? Jurys still out, cant say much on him. Farniok? Going to lose his spot to a 40 year old. 

Defense...drafted starters..

Parsons, Lawrence, LVE, Wilson(only starting cause Kearse went down), Brown, Diggs. Minus the first rounders of Parsons and LVE. And Lawrence was already paid before Mike. Of them, only 1 came here under Mikes tenure.

Rotational guys? Joseph is essentially a gunner on punt teams for a 2nd round pick. Osa has had a couple snaps of semi-note. Gallimore as well, and may actually be turning into a true starter. So theres that. Armstrong? Good rotational guy and do it all defender, okay thats cool. The others? Nothing notable.

So .. thats um.. (counting..) 4 McCarthy era non first round drafted guys actually amounting to something.  And only 1 is a true, week in week out starter. 1 is likely on his way to being. And 1 is, at best, a decent rotation guy who might make a good play or two a month. 

Wow i just depressed myself :/

37 of 52...but too few of that 37 actually matter. Too many of those 37 are high paid vets which keep this team way too too heavy, usually from the first round as well. Thats way too many 2nd, 3rd. 4th. 5th round picks spent over the last 3 or 4 years that kind of just take up a roster spot, do next to nothing, and get replaced with another who does the same. Part of the draft process and having it be difficult or near impossible to hit on more than 1 or 2 a draft? Maybe. But even a draft day failure should be contributing at least a little to the main units. Ours just...dont :(