GDT 9/25/22 - Baltimore Ravens (1-1) @ New England Patriots (1-1) - 1pm EST

drd23

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Kudos to Greg Roman and Fa'lele for getting it together after a rough start. Let's pray Mekari's injury isn't too bad. 

Let’s pray Stanley decides to not be the softest dude in the league any longer 

Eh who are we kidding 

Edited by Ray Reed

Can't believe the Pats are paying Judon 17 Mill per.... Classic day from him. Barking all game long, meh disruption on pretty much free rushes only, and a quiet 2nd half. Going up against Faalele, and Moses dealing with an injury too- not exactly top competition. Enjoy him NE.

On a similar note, I thought our IOL on first glance played their best football of the season to this point. NE has some good players on the interior and I didn't notice anyone getting worked. Would be nice to see Linderbaum progressing when film gets reviewed. 

• Like 2

The turnovers once again mask that our defense cannot stop a nosebleed. It's actually embarrassing what this unit is becoming, even with Peters and Humphrey on the field we couldn't stop ONE WIDE RECEIVER because our #3 CB is completely useless and we have no pass rush because our only hope outside of Odafe Oweh is Brandon freakin Copeland.

And Odafe Oweh is completely useless on the field. He can't stop the run, he can't rush the passer, he loses contain. What does he do that's a plus? He's a good athlete? How's that working out for him this year? I see no speed rushing, no beating OT's to the edge, nothing. I just see a bad player.

And thank God for Lamar or else these glaring weaknesses would be even more noticeable. Lamar is holding this team together with duct tape and gorilla glue. Even Roman finally figured out that the only way to get our run game going is by going spread and using jet sweeps and threatening all areas of the field so defenses can't just stack 11 guys and crash the middle.

• Like 2

I actually thought this was a good sign of a game. Front 7 still lackluster (putting it nicely) but we knew that coming into the year until reinforcements arrive. Main 4 in the secondary played well. Once the nickel (hopefully Pepe) gets more experience I’m sure they’ll get better. Mac was making some great (and terrible) throws all game. This defense isn’t going to be elite this year but I think it could eventually be solid. 

Losing pierce sucks which will make the front seven even worse. Sidenote, shoutout Zach Seiler being a legit good NFL player we gave away :(

Edited by M.10.E

45 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I actually thought this was a good sign of a game. Front 7 still lackluster (putting it nicely) but we knew that coming into the year until reinforcements arrive. Main 4 in the secondary played well. Once the nickel (hopefully Pepe) gets more experience I’m sure they’ll get better. Mac was making some great (and terrible) throws all game. This defense isn’t going to be elite this year but I think it could eventually be solid. 

Losing pierce sucks which will make the front seven even worse. Sidenote, shoutout Zach Seiler being a legit good NFL player we gave away :(

I'm just not sure how much those reinforcements are going to help. It's going to be two OLBs coming off of achilles injuries...1 of which will be a rookie with no NFL practice experience, let alone game experience.

I think the front 7 is going to be bad all year unless Queen and Oweh start playing up to their draft pedigree. Which is very far from where they're at at this point.