2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Getting a feeling with draft someone we don’t expect at 15. Maybe a TE or something. 

I did lightly check on TE situation under Hackett as OC (I don't care if he didn't call any games). The way he constructed the offense, TE group was apparently designed to have around 90 targets in total a season. Heavily count on TE for blocking assignments.   I think Jimmy Graham had the highest number of targets with Rodgers at 89 but it wasn't under Hackett's charge.  Graham was aging and hurt when Hackett stepped into OC role.

Jets have 3 TEs that fit in Hackett's style of offense like a glove.  I guess Luke Musgrave is out of question as well.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Getting a feeling with draft someone we don’t expect at 15. Maybe a TE or something. 

Can’t see it myself. I think JSN or one of the tackles if we stay at 15 but a trade down makes so much sense if there’s a team out there looking to come up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

No thank you. We need DEs not JFM, Coples, Richardson, Leo, etc. 

I think Nolan Smith and Kancey are up there with Jones for the pick. 

Yeah Nolan Smith would be a great pickup if we can trade back. I love both Mazi and Kancey too 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm feeling you, but I'm thinking DT after a trade down. Seems in every draft there is a wrench thrown into the mix. Players we thought would have gone earlier somehow fall into the lap of teams drafting further down. If the 2022 draft were redone both Sauce and Wilson would easily be in the top 5 with Sauce being number 1. 

I'm thinking Kancey in round 1 and Mauch in round 2.

40 minutes ago, Big T said:

I'm feeling you, but I'm thinking DT after a trade down. Seems in every draft there is a wrench thrown into the mix. Players we thought would have gone earlier somehow fall into the lap of teams drafting further down. If the 2022 draft were redone both Sauce and Wilson would easily be in the top 5 with Sauce being number 1. 

I'm thinking Kancey in round 1 and Mauch in round 2.

In a draft that has everyone saying the value is in rounds 2-4… don’t see slot of teams looking to trade up.

It’s easy to say trade back, but it takes 2 to tango. So best bet is to plan on us just making that pick.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’m leaning Jones 40% Kancey 40% Nolan Smith 20%

I have to ask you this.....

Jones I totally get I'd love him at 15.

Kancey? So we draft Kancey and he is likely getting less than 40% of snaps (probably even less). Jefferson will get playing time over him. He's not great against the run and we have 3 IDL that can get to the QB in Q, Jefferson and even JFM in obvious passing situations. As a win now team.... we need a player with a bigger role IMO.

Smith? So we're drafting what would be our 6th on the depth chart DE possibly at 15? Lawson, JJ, Huff, JFM, Clemons are all higher than him on the depth chart. So once again not smart at all as a win now team to draft a guy that will barely play in a win now mode.

My big board right now with us going all in win now and IMO HAVE TO go offense. Is this.

1. Paris Johnson

2. Peter Skoronski

3. Broderick Jones

4. JSN

5. Darnell Wright

Can't see all 5 of those guys gone.

Yes I'd rather see us slightly overdraft Wright than grab a guy that would barely play at DT or DE.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to ask you this.....

Jones I totally get I'd love him at 15.

Kancey? So we draft Kancey and he is likely getting less than 40% of snaps (probably even less). Jefferson will get playing time over him. He's not great against the run and we have 3 IDL that can get to the QB in Q, Jefferson and even JFM in obvious passing situations. As a win now team.... we need a player with a bigger role IMO.

Smith? So we're drafting what would be our 6th on the depth chart DE possibly at 15? Lawson, JJ, Huff, JFM, Clemons are all higher than him on the depth chart. So once again not smart at all as a win now team to draft a guy that will barely play in a win now mode.

My big board right now with us going all in win now and IMO HAVE TO go offense. Is this.

1. Paris Johnson

2. Peter Skoronski

3. Broderick Jones

4. JSN

5. Darnell Wright

Can't see all 5 of those guys gone.

Yes I'd rather see us slightly overdraft Wright than grab a guy that would barely play at DT or DE.

It’s not my big board. I want Jones and Johnson. I see JD and Saleh loving Kancey and Smith, especially if the OTs are off the board. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Would you draft Kancey or Smith over Wright?

Smith maybe but I don’t want Kancey. I love the big NTs Smith and Benton in the 2nd. 

I haven’t looked into Wright because I would rather a LT. But if he’s a lockdown RT off the jump, then we let Becton and Brown fight it out.