2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I would take the shot. For the first time in years, I'm starting to feel like we're becoming a team that is creating the right environment for a player like him. His situation isn't the average. Was racing stupid? Yes, but he wasn't drinking or high. It sounds like a young dude who took things too far and learned a horrible lesson the hard way. He didn't even hit them. If I have any concerns, it's the kid's mental support around him. So yes, I would take the shot. 

I'm more concerned about his work ethic. Dude hasn't played football since mid January and knows the exact date for his biggest interview of his life and shows up out of shape and gets arrested during it. Then has a pro day, his 2nd biggest interview of his life and shows up out of shape again for that.

• Like 1

I liked Lance coming out of college. Had him above Wilson. I wouldn't pick trading for him over Rodgers. If the price is right, I'd consider bringing him in behind Rodgers and to battle Wilson. If not, he becomes my backup plan if the Rodgers deal don't go through for any reason. I would want us to create the best QB competition we could possibly make. So no one would be off limits for me. lol 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm more concerned about his work ethic. Dude hasn't played football since mid January and knows the exact date for his biggest interview of his life and shows up out of shape and gets arrested during it. Then has a pro day, his 2nd biggest interview of his life and shows up out of shape again for that.

I missed the news on the 2nd interview part. Things got a little crazy in my personal life so I couldn't keep up with the news. That's a bit concerning but I'm looking at this from his potential mental health. I can imagine it being hard to focus after experiencing something like that. I do trust JD in this situation, so if we pick him, I'd be confident in his decision. If we pass him, I will also understand. I really do think that experience was more traumatic for him than people think. 

Certain foods for people release dopamine in the mind. Hints why some are called "comfort food". It's really easy to attach to that when dealing with anxiety or depression. People react to things differently, but if this is the case, I understand it and could see him getting back on track at some point with the mental support. Of course there is a risk, but I can see someone like him willing to go to war for a team that supports him the right way. 

On the field, QW is 25. Him and Carter inside would be insane and I don't see a IOL that could handle both if Carter is ready. That would improve our run defense and pass rush. Most people only think about DEs who could get 10+ sacks, but imagine have 2 DTs that can do the same, impact the QBs vision in the center of the field, and completely shut out RBs. 

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I missed the news on the 2nd interview part. Things got a little crazy in my personal life so I couldn't keep up with the news. That's a bit concerning but I'm looking at this from his potential mental health. I can imagine it being hard to focus after experiencing something like that. I do trust JD in this situation, so if we pick him, I'd be confident in his decision. If we pass him, I will also understand. I really do think that experience was more traumatic for him than people think. 

Certain foods for people release dopamine in the mind. Hints why some are called "comfort food". It's really easy to attach to that when dealing with anxiety or depression. People react to things differently, but if this is the case, I understand it and could see him getting back on track at some point with the mental support. Of course there is a risk, but I can see someone like him willing to go to war for a team that supports him the right way. 

On the field, QW is 25. Him and Carter inside would be insane and I don't see a IOL that could handle both if Carter is ready. That would improve our run defense and pass rush. Most people only think about DEs who could get 10+ sacks, but imagine have 2 DTs that can do the same, impact the QBs vision in the center of the field, and completely shut out RBs. 

There was alcoholic stuff involved in street racing.  That opened the Pandora's box about his character/background which he struggled to answer them clearly.  If Carter focused hard on top 10 then Jets may not get full understanding of his nature at latest.  His struggle during the scouting months may connect to his bum leg as he is not known for strong stamina.

I feel a lot of "unsolvable" stuffs in him. 

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

There was alcoholic stuff involved in street racing.  That opened the Pandora's box about his character/background which he struggled to answer them clearly.  If Carter focused hard on top 10 then Jets may not get full understanding of his nature at latest.  His struggle during the scouting months may connect to his bum leg as he is not known for strong stamina.

I feel a lot of "unsolvable" stuffs in him. 

Furthermore. Becton we met with. His effort and such issues we had discussed with him. Still don’t like the oick years later. And might if anything be a learning moment for JD to not be tricked into that again.

But I see no way JD drafts a guy at 13 with issues that he hasn’t been able to talk with. When Carter said he wasn’t meeting with anyone outside the top 10. That made the decision for JD right there. Likely would’ve been a guy we would’ve brought in to discuss his character and work ethic and such. But when he shut that door. I’d bet anything JD has shut that door.

Hence why I say he’s likely not even on our board. It’s OT or JSN at 13 or even 15 for us

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Furthermore. Becton we met with. His effort and such issues we had discussed with him. Still don’t like the oick years later. And might if anything be a learning moment for JD to not be tricked into that again.

But I see no way JD drafts a guy at 13 with issues that he hasn’t been able to talk with. When Carter said he wasn’t meeting with anyone outside the top 10. That made the decision for JD right there. Likely would’ve been a guy we would’ve brought in to discuss his character and work ethic and such. But when he shut that door. I’d bet anything JD has shut that door.

Hence why I say he’s likely not even on our board. It’s OT or JSN at 13 or even 15 for us

JD may not even have a key to open that door.

Don't you think Texans will take JSN as their 2nd first round pick? 

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

JD may not even have a key to open that door.

Don't you think Texans will take JSN as their 2nd first round pick? 

I think JSN goes to HOU or TEN. But a lot can change that. HOUs WRs aren’t actually that bad (remember they get Metchie back). TEN has way worse WRs. But they might be looking for something else. NYG I could see try and move up for him though. JSN IMO is getting very undervalued in this. WR has been essential for good teams recently. So I can’t see the best one lasting too long. 

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think JSN goes to HOU or TEN. But a lot can change that. HOUs WRs aren’t actually that bad (remember they get Metchie back). TEN has way worse WRs. But they might be looking for something else. NYG I could see try and move up for him though. JSN IMO is getting very undervalued in this. WR has been essential for good teams recently. So I can’t see the best one lasting too long. 

I checked Texans and Titans' WR room,  they don't look that bad for now but strong push isn't a bad idea. JSN may be available for either Jets or Packers however I don't think they will take him when OTC. 

Now I don't know which will take JSN. lol.

19 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

JSN is getting buoyed by a weak class. Weren’t Wilson and Olave both better prospects coming out?

JSN outperformed both in the same season and he was OSU's number one target so I guess not. 

Edited by JetsandI

Just now, JetsandI said:

I checked Texans and Titans' WR room,  they don't look that bad for now but strong push isn't a bad idea. JSN may be available for either Jets or Packers however I don't think they will take him when OTC. 

Now I don't know which will take JSN. lol.

For me HOU WR group is vastly better than TEN. But HOU does have 2 picks to use before us. JSN for me is too good of a talent to not go top 15. There will be a lot of teams that regret not drafting him.