2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

Just now, JetsandI said:

In a panic if Patriots draft TE, Jets will draft TE right away. lol

Yeah but we will get the blocking TE that can’t catch. NE will probably only get the next Gronk. So we win that one. Right?

I was really looking forward to the draft Thursday, not any more after Douglas screwed up this trade, we will be Luckey to get a long snapper, If we lose out and don't get a top O lineman there will be hell to pay on this board. And what about the 2024 draft with no first-round pick. We were made fools by part time GM at GB & a full time janitor at  the local High School who won the trade. No other team wanted Rodgers so why did Douglas give away the store to get Arron.

36 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I was really looking forward to the draft Thursday, not any more after Douglas screwed up this trade, we will be Luckey to get a long snapper, If we lose out and don't get a top O lineman there will be hell to pay on this board. And what about the 2024 draft with no first-round pick. We were made fools by part time GM at GB & a full time janitor at  the local High School who won the trade. No other team wanted Rodgers so why did Douglas give away the store to get Arron.

WOODY

What about trading up with Philly? They like the RB out of Texas. Would Philly just take a lame O-line player and justify that to his fanbase?

Jets can give up the second round pick and get up to 10 or higher. They did something similar for Vera Tucker, no? You can go back to Revis island when they traded up ahead of Pitt. If there is a guy they are targeting and the QBs are going early, they may have to trade up. I don't think the second round pick will be that valuable unless there is a deep position that also fills their O-line needs.

I have a weird feeling about this draft. I think Jones and Johnson aren’t at 15. Do they really want to draft a RT when Becton, AVT and Mitchell can all play? We need a LT. I’m kind of mocking this so it doesn’t happen lol, but there is even more urgency now so I think they want defensive playmaker for immediate impact while still getting a Tackle and Center to start by the end of the year.

15 - Calijah Kancey or Nolan Smith

43 - Matt Bergeron

112- Ricky Stromberg

143- Ji’Ayir Brown

170- Demario Douglas 

15 - Nolan Smith

43 - Matt Bergeron

112- Cobie Turner

143- John Gaines

170- Demario Douglas

Edited by jetsfan4life51

11 hours ago, doumeyer said:

What on earth are you talking about.

The trade was a pick swap so we still have a first rounder this year, we're now picking 15 instead of 13. We also still have a 2nd rounder this year, we only traded one of the two we had. We traded next years 2nd that can become a 1st if Roger's plays 65% of the snaps, which will most likely happen, which also means its most likely a pick in the mid 20s to low 30s.

THAT TWO SLOT DROP FROM 13 TO 15 IS A BIG DEAL WE COULD LOSS THE OFFENSIVE O LINE PLAYER THAT WE NEED TO PROTECT RODGERS. AND WE GAVE UP TOO MUCH IN THE RODGERS TRADE. THAT IS ONE REASON THIS WAS A BAD TRADE. NO OTHER TEAM WANTED RODGERS BECAUSE HE WILL BE 40 THIS YEAR.

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

THAT TWO SLOT DROP FROM 13 TO 15 IS A BIG DEAL WE COULD LOSS THE OFFENSIVE O LINE PLAYER THAT WE NEED TO PROTECT RODGERS. AND WE GAVE UP TOO MUCH IN THE RODGERS TRADE. THAT IS ONE REASON THIS WAS A BAD TRADE. NO OTHER TEAM WANTED RODGERS BECAUSE HE WILL BE 40 THIS YEAR.

Dropping from 13 to 15 is not that big a deal.  If we miss on an OT, we may be able to trade down and get the top OG/OC which, IMO, is just as big a need.  I can live with Becton, Brown and Mitchell manning the OT spots for us assuming they can stay healthy.  Watching another year of the McG / Tomlinson debacle is sphincter puckering.  As for the 2nd rounder, I think we can all agree that we got the other second rounder to pay for AR.  It should not be a shock we gave one to GB.  Next years FRP?  I am with you on that.

Any chance we can get you to turn off the caps?  It is hard to read.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

To be honest, I sincerely hope top quarterback falling to 15.  Recouping another 2nd round for either this or next or 1st next year will make everyone merrier. 

That is a good point.  I am a little down on JD, ATM but if he reverts back to his pre AR ways, he should be able to recoup some lost picks while still getting a good player at a position of need.

On 4/21/2023 at 12:28 PM, xrade said:

I fear your fear.  I can live with a DT if we pass on OL, but for the love of god, no DE.

After "researching" more about Van Ness, I should be satisfied with him at 15.  He can play DT as well.

DT/DE this year and full time DE next year.

5 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

After "researching" more about Van Ness, I should be satisfied with him at 15.  He can play DT as well.

DT/DE this year and full time DE next year.

No thank you. We need DEs not JFM, Coples, Richardson, Leo, etc. 

I think Nolan Smith and Kancey are up there with Jones for the pick.